Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

NCAA Tournament: Dayton, Rhody & VCU

14K views 151 replies 33 participants last post by  Bill Russell 
#1 ·
THURSDAY

FRIDAY

See less See more
#47 ·
I know paulxu. I just quoted you to let you know that he has a daughter since you thought he had a son. Anyway, I understand the vitriol towards Pav and some VCU fans but as far as his parenting goes he loves his daughter.

New games today. Go Rhody! Go Dayton!

#51 ·
What happened last night we saw a lot this year...slow starts and digging ourselves into a hole. Most of those holes we were able to overcome, but last night was too much. Plus, SM is good; those boys can shoot lights out on any given night, as they have proven all year, so kudos to them.

#53 ·
All week in Richmond, we heard how St. Mary's couldn't keep up with Gonzaga and how they were going to be easy pickings for an athletic team like VCU. This conveniently ignored the fact that Gonzaga is the best freaking team in the nation and has a very good chance of winning the whole tournament. They make almost everyone look slow and silly.

Frankly, VCU performed better than I expected last night, given that they faced a team that went 30-1 against all other opponents and given that VCU had beaten exactly two top-100 RPI teams away from the Siegel Center all year (Richmond and Bona).

#60 ·
Hey almost an hour until Rhody laces them up! You know they have to be excited. 1999 was a party for sure but nothing like the clock ticking to zero....oops out of time!
Good luck Rhody!

#61 ·
I actually picked VCU to lose that game. Was kind of obvious if you ask me. SMC runs a high octane offense. Unless VCU showed up with elite level defense (like Top 10 type defense) then VCU's lack of offense would be the issue. SMC can score and it's a beautiful thing to watch really.

Pulling for Rhody now and then about ready to throw up over this Dayton game later.

#62 ·
SMC was underseeded, like Wichita State. VCU never had a chance, committee screwed the A10 big time. Next year Richmond's AD will be on the selection committee, hopefully the conference will get better treatment.

#77 ·
Man who needs ANOTHER excuse to hit the whiskey on St. Patrick's Day?! On to Sunday, let's goooo Rams.

I don't care what the rankings say Dayton's got this. I'd like to think the close games against Rhody this season will help here...;-)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.