Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

NCAA Tournament: Dayton, Rhody & VCU

14K views 151 replies 33 participants last post by  Bill Russell 
#1 ·
THURSDAY

FRIDAY

See less See more
#114 ·
HA. poor 75 this has GOT to be killin you. Trying to somehow throw shade on another S16 for Xavier. It can't be fair? The committee must love Xavier? I was always told that you play whomever the committee decides but they obviously have it out for poor ol UD.

Watch out Xavier might get to another E8 without having to play a ken pom TOP15. OH THE HUMANITY of it all.

BTW, flight and tickets are booked. Look for me, I will be the one holding a sign that says "I LOVE KEN POM 20+'s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#115 ·
I don't begrudge X's success. In fact, I'm happy for paul, Snipe and a several other of their former posters here. The fact that a few of their posters were/are d-bags doesn't mean I have to root against the institution. Hell, if it did, I'd have to root against every team here; including the one I root for.

#123 ·
Well shit, not the ending I wanted but they played a hell of a game. Came down to the end and Dorsey hit the big shot

still a hell of a season

#124 ·
The offensive foul against Mathews was terrible. Feel bad for you Rhody fans,feels like they should have won the game. Execution down the stretch just wasnt there but big props for nearly pulling it off with Mathews and Martin having sub par games.

#127 · (Edited)
Rhody got hosed.

I was there, saw it live, thought it was a terrible call. Saw the replay from the CBS/TBS/whomever (what network was it on?) and saw it on the in-arena cameras. All three angles, the dude was stutter-stepping and falling back before a split second of barley any contact from EC.

Free Throw attempts: 27 to 8.

URI lost for the same reason that all non-BCS teams lose to BCS teams: it was 5-on-8 the entire fucking game.

#125 ·
it may have been a bad call but the lack of execution and couldn't get the defensive rebounded it needed up 72-69 hurt a lot

#126 ·
Great run Rams! You made the A-10 proud. Congratulations! When the score was tied at 72 the one bad pass was the difference. Game could have gone either way!

I wish the Flyers would have played against a P5 school. Committee made it harder for three teams to advance (UD, Wichita St. and Kentucky)!

#129 ·
I thought they let them play for a while, then when the going got tough down the stretch there were some terrible calls. If URI was bodied and lost the ball, it was play on. If OU lost it or was bodied on a drive it was a foul. The charge was a hose job. That guy, Brooks, is almost as annoying as Gibbs with how he tries to draw every foul. Then he slides/falls/leans right into the shooter and gets the charge call.

If you are going to allow a physical game, then don't tighten up the whistles in the last 5 minutes. The UK/WSU game was a good example. Early on I thought they were letting UK get away with everything, but they actually let both teams be real physical all the way to the end.

Feels like a 2nd straight year OU gets call after call under 4m to go and an A10 team gets the shaft. Is it Nike money, or are we that biased? SJU got hosed even worse last year, but OU just got gifted a pair of S16's. Makes you wonder.

#130 ·
Great game Rhody!

#131 ·
Rhode Island was my tournament team, my season of watching is now over. Tough loss. They were pretty sloppy with the ball. Early on they kept coughing it up dribbling into the paint. And the entire game they kept doing that lazy cross court lob as they were bringing it up the court. I knew that was going to eventually bite them in the ass and it did. Didn't they hear me screaming at my tv to stop doing that shit? That's something a Kellogg Koached team does.

Anyway, two very tough teams there. URI did the A10 proud.

#133 ·
I didn't know where to put this thought.. we can all say what we want about coach Cal, but he stumped for the SEC pretty hard after tonight's game. It was kinda funny, a little chippy. Some people say he's not genuine, and whatever maybe that's the case, but he always seems to have someone's back.

We need UMass to get another Cal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.