Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Boston Celtics Fan Roll Call

55K views 160 replies 103 participants last post by  EmjayHavegnar 
#1 · (Edited)
1. Location.
2. How did you become a Celtics fan?
3. How long have you been a Celtics fan?
4. Favorie current Celtic Player (s)?
5. Favorite former Celtic Player (s)?
6. Anything else about yourself that you would like to add.
7. How did you find Basketballboards.net?

#104 ·
Im from Rochester, Im 25, ive been a celtic fan pretty much since I started watching basket ball. My favorite player is Pierce, but West is really growing on me. I a also really exited about Green, and how much he improved over the last month of the season. I found this site on a football forum run by the same company,my username is the same their.

Reactions: aquaitious
#106 ·
Location: London, England (bet there aren't many of us here?)

Basketball fan for well over 25 years although coverage here is only rarely above moderate. British basketball is not that strong although the occasional team has done well in Europe and there have been some good players in the League as well as a few Brits, like Luol Deng and Kandi making it to the NBA – and some good College players.

Why The Celtics?

Well the first time the play off were covered in any depth over here were the mid 1980’s. Given the famed athleticism of the NBA (plus what I knew of other basketball) it struck me that this guy of near average height (for the NBA) who was slow and not a big jumper could be such a star. That got me following his team.

Came to the US for the first time nearly 3 years ago. September so no bball (did the Fenway tour though no chance to see a game there – did see one in Montreal)

Of the current Celtics I like Paul Pierce, fine player. From limited chances to watch I also think West is going to be pretty useful. Not going to be an All Star but will be a very solid player. Not keen on getting A.I. :nonono:

Past Celtics: The Legend, Bob Cousy, The Chief

#107 ·
Welcome!

Lord Melchett said:
Well the first time the play off were covered in any depth over here were the mid 1980’s. Given the famed athleticism of the NBA (plus what I knew of other basketball) it struck me that this guy of near average height (for the NBA) who was slow and not a big jumper could be such a star. That got me following his team.
Great story.

#109 ·
1. Location. Brookline, MA in summer. Portland, OR for the school year.
2. How did you become a Celtics fan? Been going to games since two days after I was born.
3. How long have you been a Celtics fan? All my life
4. Favorie current Celtic Player (s)? Sebastian Telfair, Al Jefferson, Ryan Gomes, Delonte West. I guess I like most of'm
5. Favorite former Celtic Player (s)? John Havlicek, Bill Russell
6. Anything else about yourself that you would like to add. AI would look good in celtic green. Hopefully it won't cost us both AJ and GG
7. How did you find Basketballboards.net? Don't remember

Reactions: aquaitious
#110 ·
1. Location. New York
2. How did you become a Celtics fan? Since I became a Larry Bird fan about 6 years ago
3. How long have you been a Celtics fan? 6 years
4. Favorie current Celtic Player (s)? Delonte West and Gerald Green
5. Favorite former Celtic Player (s)? Bird
6. Anything else about yourself that you would like to add. The Celtics are my second favorite team after the Kings. But I aint a bandwagoner or nothing like that, I've watched every Celtics game since I got League Pass two years ago.

#112 ·
1. Location.

Virginia Beach

Watching them when I was growing up.

Wow. Just call me Gramps. I can remember, albeit vaguely, when Bill Russell was playing for the Celtics. I suppose I've been a fan since Dave Cowens was playing, so something over 30 years.

4. Favorite current Celtic Player (s)?

Paul Pierce. He's the guy who's been there doing it for awhile.

Dave Cowens, Jo Jo White, Cornbread Maxwell, Tiny Archibald, Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, Bill Walton

For many years I was a sports writer, editor and photographer. I left the business a few years ago, though.

A google search.

#115 ·
1. Location. Barrington, Rhode Island.
2. How did you become a Celtics fan? Well, there are probably several reasons why: I grew up liking and playing basketball, I went to a Celtics game at a young age, and geographic location(I've never lived outside of CT or RI).
3. How long have you been a Celtics fan? Full-time fan = 5 years, part-time/bandwagoner = at least 8-9 years.
4. Favorite current Celtic Player (s)? Paul Pierce, Kendrick Perkins, Marcus Banks, Delonte West, Ryan Gomes.
5. Favorite former Celtic Player (s)? Eric Williams, Orien Greene, Bill Russell, Bob Cousy, the intelligent Antoine Walker.
6. Anything else about yourself that you would like to add. I'm becoming more and more of an NBA fan, while the Celtics are my favorite team, I watch other teams, too. Nothing else that I can think of.
I found a link to this site through a post on another set of forums by a moderator here, and I've been looking for forums more specific to sports I like, one of them being basketball.

DWest Superstar said:
5. Michael Stewart R.I.P
Michael Stewart died?!

#117 ·
1. Location. boston
2. How did you become a Celtics fan? i always was one
3. How long have you been a Celtics fan?since i could breathe
4. Favorie current Celtic Player (s)?delonte west
5. Favorite former Celtic Player (s)?larry bird
7. How did you find Basketballboards.net...The Bid donnut

#118 ·
1. Location. Boston
2. How did you become a Celtics fan? Watching the Greatest 4th quarter comeback against the Nets
3. How long have you been a Celtics fan? 5 years
4. Favorie current Celtic Player (s)? I'll answer that around May 22nd, and it is NOT going to be Josh Mcroberts.
5. Favorite former Celtic Player (s)? Bill Russell
6. Anything else about yourself that you would like to add. I'm a huge fan of the game as it helped keep me in shape through college and is still my favorite Saturday afternoon activity.
7. How did you find Basketballboards.net. Munro led the way.

#121 ·
1. Location. South Bend, Indiana
2. How did you become a Celtics fan? We traded for Ray Allen
3. How long have you been a Celtics fan?About four hours
4. Favorie current Celtic Player (s)? Ray Allen
5. Favorite former Celtic Player (s)?Larry Bird (reps my state)
6. Anything else about yourself that you would like to add. Not really
7. How did you find Basketballboards.net? nbadraft.net

#122 ·
1. Location. = Boston
2. How did you become a Celtics fan? i was born to it
3. How long have you been a Celtics fan? all my life
4. Favorie current Celtic Player (s)? Pierce & Rondo
5. Favorite former Celtic Player (s)? Bill Russel
6. Anything else about yourself that you would like to add. celtics rule
7. How did you find Basketballboards.net? google

#123 ·
Although still a wolves fan, Im just as much a celtics fan now, jersey is on order, the celtics adidas superstars are on display, and ill be cheering boston all the way to a ring:

1. Location? ACT, Australia
2. How did you become a Celtics fan? Garnett Trade
3. How long have you been a Celtics fan? Matter of weeks, always respected them only a 'fan' recently
4. Favorie current Celtic Player (s)? KG
5. Favorite former Celtic Player (s)? Bill Russel
6. Anything else about yourself that you would like to add. Hope i dont cop the 'bandwagoner' treatment lol
7. How did you find Basketballboards.net? no idea, probably google

#124 ·
1. Fall River, MA (Currently, Delaware)
2. I was a fan of Magic Johnson as a kid before I became aware of team representation, and couldn't help but notice that white guy on the green team that seemed just as good as him...then I got older and noticed Reggie Lewis. I was hooked on Green ever since.
3. Since about 1991 (Still a fan of Magic since about 1985).
4. Currently - Paul Pierce
5. Former - Larry Bird
6. ...
7. Google

#125 ·
1. Location.
4. Favorie current Celtic Player (s)?
Woburn, Massachusetts
Age 5
10 years
KG
Larry Bird

#126 ·
1. Location: Baton Rouge, LA.
2. How did you become a Celtics fan? Watching them on TV
3. How long have you been a Celtics fan? Since 1984
4. Favorie current Celtic Players? Paul Pierce & Kevin Garnett
5. Favorite former Celtic Player? Larry Bird
6. Anything else about yourself that you would like to add. Coached Kedrick Brown in High School
7. How did you find Basketballboards.net? Yahoo search

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.