Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Stony Brook @ Maine

7K views 106 replies 23 participants last post by  drbell 
#1 · (Edited)
Stony Brook travels to Orono in search of an upset away while Maine looks for its third (or fourth with a win tomorrow tonight) win in league play. After this game, SB will have played UVM, Albany, Boston, Maine so far four of the top 5 teams.

Stony Brook by five

#88 ·
Ok - im back. Great game by the Seawolves! Huge win on the road. The team played really solid today. Brenton was tremendous! No one will acknowledge how awesome he is bcause he isnt scoring more but wow he is good! 15 rebounds - bunches of assists - bunches of steals. He deserves props.

#90 ·
Well certainly an ugly game but i will take the win on the road. that is what this conference is all about...surviving on the road. SBU played a terrible first played much better in the second, only 5 TOs in the second half and shot much better. Seemed like and exact replica of the BU game. terrible first half better second half the only difference is Maine played poorly(i guess. lost five in a row now. they seem to be doing this every game) and BU didnt.

#100 ·
Ugly, but somehow managed a great road win shooting 33%. Dougher rough shooting day but huge 3 late, Tommy 15 boards/4 assts/4 steals...awesome. Dallis apparently gutted it out sick as a dog. Love Rapier's game but 4 turnovers is a lot for a big man...would someone pls tell him to give it to a guard after a rebound(LOL)! Any win on the road is big. Interested in hearing the McClemore story.

#105 ·
this game was quite unique according to pomeroy:

Longest scoreless streaks from beginning of game since 2010 season (D-I vs. D-I games only)
1. 5:39, Stony Brook vs. Maine (1/21/12)
2. 5:26, Colorado vs. Utah (2/18/12)
3. 4:58, Pepperdine vs. Washington State (12/22/11)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.