Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Pacers Daily Discussion

75K views 1K replies 37 participants last post by  R-Star 
#1 ·
Since there isn't always gamedays, I thought I'd make this thread so we have a place we can talk about the games if there isn't another thread to post in.

Anyone see last nights game? I missed it. First thing to that popped out at me when I looked at the box score is it looks like the combo of Hibbert, West and Hansbrough are still rebounding amazingly well. Only 3 games in but a nice sign so far.

Rough night for George going 0-4. He get locked down, or just have a bad game?

#175 ·
This is the most excited I've been for a Pacers game in a long time. I actually get the game on TV up here as well so I'll be flipping back and forth between this and Raw. Hopefully we can piss off Derrick Rose another victory celebration:jigga:. A couple of my buddies are big Bulls fans too so we get pretty heated during these games which makes it even more fun. Hopefully its a good one and some of you guys are watching.

#185 ·
It was a fun game but a tough loss. We played stupid defense in the second half after coming back from being down 16. Josh Smith played an awesome game and was just on fire, but our defensive rotations sucked which pretty muh caused the loss. Too many times guys were left wide open in the corner and even under the basket which shouldn't ****ing happen five times in a row down the floor. We missed too many free throws and of course the offense stalled in the 4th. I also questioned a lot of Frank Vogel's decisions on timeouts and lineups, there were a couple times in the 4th when the Hawks would go back up 6 or 8 and no timeout would be called, he needs to channel his inner Rick Carlisle A lot of people were disappointed with Danny Granger and impressed with Paul George.

Oh yeah, and other than the first 5 minutes of the game, the refs sucked. They got a lot of heat.

#190 ·
We played a good game. But some interesting decisions by coach and a few players: Vogel played Dahntay way too much in the 4th and got the Heat in bonus with ~10 mins left. Dahntay had a good game up until that point, but Paul George was playing good too, just in a little foul trouble. Secondly, Granger chucked a 3 when we did not need it and that led to Lebron drilling the 3 that eventually sent us to overtime. Lastly, why have the ball in Collison's hands that long at the end of the 4th? He was trying to get a play for someone else, but surely Vogel should have seen ahead and realized that Lebron's going to get the better of him with the size advantage. Paul George was open early in the play, and his penetration had been flawless all night.

#196 ·
David West says what people are starting to think about the Pacers and their record this season. "We beat up on bad teams, but just can’t compete against the good teams. Games we’ve had against playoff caliber teams, we’ve lost to them. That’s the measure to where we are. We just have to be real about it."
no shit

#199 ·
So when's the timetable for this George kid? He's in his second year, right? I know he's shown flashes this year and from the little I've seen him I have been impressed. But I'm gonna go ahead and ask the people that actually watch the Pacers on a consistent basis, when do y'all think he's going to turn into "that guy"? If ever?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.