Basketball Forum : Professional and College Basketball Forums - View Single Post - Danny O'Brien transfers to Wisconsin
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 07:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Nimreitz
Legend

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Nimreitz has a reputation beyond repute Nimreitz has a reputation beyond repute Nimreitz has a reputation beyond repute Nimreitz has a reputation beyond repute Nimreitz has a reputation beyond repute Nimreitz has a reputation beyond repute Nimreitz has a reputation beyond repute Nimreitz has a reputation beyond repute Nimreitz has a reputation beyond repute Nimreitz has a reputation beyond repute Nimreitz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danny O'Brien transfers to Wisconsin

Didn't know there was a thread here. Don't check this board much during the off season. Anyway, this is HUGE for us. I hope after O'Brien leaves we won't be Rent a QB University anymore, but we have had brutal luck with QB injuries the last 4 years. With O'Brien we should be favorites for a Three Peat.

Anyway, the outlook is pretty good for Wisconsin. We lose Oglesby who wasn't great last year (although it has subsequently come to light that he was a ****ing WARRIOR, gutting through some tough injuries), along with Zeitler and Konz, so that's 3 across the O-Line, but I trust this program to just go Next Man In on the offensive line and be fine. Even assuming a little dropoff, the strength of the QB and RB positions should help. Nick Toon is a big loss, but he was dreadful in 2010 and we were okay; the emergence of Abberdaris and Pederson last season should really soften that blow as well. We also lose FB Brady Ewing, but I think they should be able to replace him fine. No real losses on defense except for CB Fenelus.

We bring back Montee Ball and James White in the backfield, O'Brien now at QB, a REALLY strong linebacking corps, and a young and hungry defensive line. The schedule looks easy too, with Michigan State and Ohio State at home. Nebraska and Penn State look like the only challenging road games, the others being Purdue, Indiana, and Oregon State.
Nimreitz is offline   Reply With Quote