Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Pacers Daily Discussion

76K views 1K replies 37 participants last post by  R-Star 
#1 ·
Since there isn't always gamedays, I thought I'd make this thread so we have a place we can talk about the games if there isn't another thread to post in.

Anyone see last nights game? I missed it. First thing to that popped out at me when I looked at the box score is it looks like the combo of Hibbert, West and Hansbrough are still rebounding amazingly well. Only 3 games in but a nice sign so far.

Rough night for George going 0-4. He get locked down, or just have a bad game?

#903 ·
Alex Kennedy: Source says the Indiana Pacers and Chicago Bulls are among the teams pursuing Orlando Magic guard J.J. Redick. Twitter @AlexKennedyNBA
I really doubt we make a move, and it seems like other teams (Boston, Chicago, etc.) will probably make better plays for Redick. But, in the event that we do work something out, what would Orlando want from us? Maybe Hansbrough and Orlando Johnson? I would love to have Redick here. I think he'd be perfect with George on the wing.

#905 ·
I wouldn't mind Reddick but who will be filling Hansbrough's spot? Pendergraph? Ugh

EDIT:
Looks like Granger will be back very soon.

Mike Wells ‏@MikeWellsNBA
Granger went fullcourt - and looked good according to those who saw him - in practice today. Goal is for him 2 play Wed barring any setbacks
So looks like I will be seeing him on the 22nd when I go to the game against Detroit.

#919 ·
I moderate the Raptors forum, not the Pacers, if whoever mods this forum would like to to infract me for my comment then go right ahead. I also said it was 'almost as if', which was my cute way of pretend insulting KK.

Hansbrough is a knucklehead when he does stuff like this. You didn't see The Admiral or The Dream having to throw people around. Players might have played tough, but they generally played fair. Going after a rookie who was 1 game returned from a lengthy absence for a broken hand, purely because that rookie has been bitching you on the boards all game is pathetic.

#920 ·
I don't know if you're watching the same '80s I have. I notice a significant decrease in dirty plays/taunting now versus even five years ago due to media campaigns, changing ethics, rule shifts on flagrants, replay, and NBA press releases after the fact. Five years ago, there was still a significant difference versus five years prior, etc. No one's saying basketball was ever played like football, but dirty plays have been significantly reduced and occur with less frequency. That means that smaller ones stand out. Nothing wrong with that, because it's good for players, but KK and I were just pointing it out.

And football's a good example. Look at the difference in the NFL as well, especially with new information on concussions. Basketball is almost a completely different sport than it was in the 1980s. Players who played then will even tell you that.

PP, I really doubt Hansbrough even knew Valanciunas's condition. I doubt he even knows who he is. JV is probably about as popular and followed outside Ontario and Lithuania as Ian Mahinmi. Dirty play? Sure, likely. Egregious? No. I've seen much worse this year and in prior years. Nothing to get too worked up about. Everyone dislikes Tyler Hansbrough.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.