Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

'16 All things Heat thread

146K views 3K replies 51 participants last post by  REEF_DA_CHIEF 
#1 ·
Off season is over. So its time to start this thread, just like we did last season. This thread is for smaller Heat and even non-Heat info that doesnt really need to be in a new thread.

#2,052 ·
Re: '13 All things Heat thread

Through 65 games we've gone 51-14, which would've clinched overall homecourt over last season's 66-game schedule. CHI and SAS both won 50. Really puts the streak into perspective after all of the disappointing losses earlier. Respect to those two teams though, both dealt with health issues all season.

#2,054 ·

It's pretty cool that they're chasing a record held by a team Pat Riley played for. I'd love to see how he jokes to them if they get to 33. "LeBron, you're suspended. Sit this next one out."

#2,058 · (Edited)

If we can extend this thing another 5 or so games, we may've clinched the East by then. Can't see the team pushing simply for the record, as much as they might like it. Not sure I've seen an 11.5 game lead for 1st at this point in a season recently.

I believe I also heard Battier had a crazy streak in HS, which isn't as unusual for NBA players, especially 4-time Mr. Michigan basketball or whatever. Still further backs up Morey's claim that teams he's on just win more. Look what that Memphis team did after re-acquiring him two years ago.

#2,068 ·

Poor T-Mac. Guy had all the talent in the world, put up some insane numbers, yet never made it out of the 1st round of the playoffs. So I cant be mad at him for his comments about that streak. Its probably one of his bigger accomplishments in his career.

#2,069 ·

Poor T-Mac. Guy had all the talent in the world, put up some insane numbers, yet never made it out of the 1st round of the playoffs. So I cant be mad at him for his comments about that streak. Its probably one of his bigger accomplishments in his career.
This. I always find myself giving him a pass because I feel bad for him.

#2,076 ·

Couper Moorhead ‏@CoupNBA 20m
Miami and OKC are currently in the running for Top-50 offenses of All-Time, per @bball_ref. Both have a Top-6 defense among those Top 50.

Couper Moorhead ‏@CoupNBA 16m
The Heat are also just .003 behind the 84-85 Lakers for the best Effective Field-Goal Percentage in league history (.551).

#2,083 ·

SVG is on LeBatard's radio show today, and just dropped this stat in his "hot nuggets" segment: There are only two players in the league averaging 20/5/5 on 50% this season. The Heat have both.
Just checked, KD is at 4.5 apg.

20/5/5, there are 6

Bron
Wade
KD
Harden
Russell
Kobe

but on 50% FG, only Wade and Bron (pure 20/5/5) rounded up, KD makes the cut...

crazy

I'm also surprised that there are only 10 players avg 20ppg.
11 if you round up for Ellis.

no 20/10 players either... weird year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.