Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

12/6/12 predict the Lakers final record

3K views 67 replies 22 participants last post by  DaRizzle 
#1 ·
The Lakers are currently 9-10. I think 99% of the population thinks they will improve, but the question is how much?

I predict they finish at 56-26. That a 47 win, 16 loss finish.

#3 ·
Bunch of cowards nervous to go on the record here? 44 views?

#10 ·
This is all assuming gasol stays, Nash is back any day and no one else is hurt majorly.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App

#14 ·
49-33. That would be one helluva improvement from the nightmarish current 9-10. If this was last years club, I would love their chances against the Hardenless Thunder tonight. The silver lining, is that the Lakers have a lot of games left to reach their potential for the playoffs. I was surprised that the Lakers went with D'Antoni and not the Zen Master. Especially since the Lakers werent built for that type of offense. Oh well.

#19 ·
Ron's prediction might seem on the pessimistic side, but while you expect them to improve drastically over the final 75% of the season, twice as many losses in that span as they had in the first 25% seems reasonable. That would put them in a tie for the 7th/8th seed in 2011, and out of the playoffs the two previous seasons (that's as far back as I bothered to look), which just doesn't sit right for me. It's hard for me to even see them in danger of missing the playoffs in March/April, but the West is super-competitive this year. I can't see them not getting to 50 wins, ultimately.

#22 ·
Is this you admitting you made a horrible prediction when you said they would lose in the second round?

#23 ·
Predictions: 47-35, 7th seed

So far, Lakers are on the pace to win the record 35-47

#24 ·
Where do you think We Warriors will finish? Could it be possible that the Lakers will finish 3rd in California for only the third time (94 and 2005) in the history?

#31 ·
So you are saying that a bad basketball team that barely beat the worst team in the league without their best player in order to snap a 4-game losing streak is going to go at least 40-18 the rest of the way?

Right.

That Kool-Aid container must be bottomless.

I'm already worried about my 46-36 prediction holding up. :(

#35 ·
You keep referencing me as shouting the "sky is falling" or "pushing the panic button" but the truth of the matter is I accepted this team's inability to play with one another quite some time ago.

I don't get all worked up when I know a team is below-caliber. I do get worked up with I know a team is above-caliber and losing. That frustrates me.

This team does not frustrate me anymore. I have accepted that they are a mediocre team.

Oh, and more point in regard to your statement "it's the regular season." They are currently in 12th place in the WC. If things continue this god-forsaken path, the regular season is all they will end up with.

#36 ·
You don't get worked up over below calibur teams? Didn't you swear off basketball when the Lakers missed the playoffs in 2005?

Yeah, the Lakers are in 12th place. I would be willing to bet that they won't be in 12th place at the end of the season. We'll be fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.