Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Lakers/Warriors

3K views 105 replies 15 participants last post by  Luke 
#1 ·
I knew the game was on saturday but I had no idea we weren't playing until then. Hopefully the rest does some of our old legs some good and it'll be interesting to see how the new rotation plays out. I'm cautiously optimistic about this game.

Isn't Nash due back any game now?

#5 ·
Doubt we'll see Nash. Think the Lakers will want to be cautious/dramatic and wait until Christmas.

#6 ·
I can't see them winning. Golden State is 17-9 and is 5 full games ahead of the Lakers in the Pacific. That's a different team up there.

Likewise on Xmas, we have been losing regularly on Xmas day games at home and I don't see this changing.

For a team that barely survived Charlotte at home there have to be a lot of concerns going on right now. I am more concerned how we end up this season then how we are playing now. For the long-term health and growth of the Lakers, this team has to convince Howard to stay. If he bolts at the end of the season this team is going to be mired in mediocrity for years to come.

So I think we will be 12-16 on the 26th. Just an honest observation as to how this team is playing right now. Gotta be the quietest 3-game winning streak in the history of the Lakers.

#8 ·
They'll be on the end of a back to back and our front line will give them problems because they still lack size. I think we'll go in and beat them.
I agree that this is what should happen, the problem I see is that these guys are not taking advantage of the size differential.

Whether its lack of effort, bad coaching (not having the bigs in at the same time), or bad execution...it just isn't working the way its supposed to.

#9 ·
As with any of this season's games, it will come down to the team defense. If we rotate after penetration, get out and stay out on shooters, and get back in transition we will win. The problem is, we have not consistently done those things this year.

Hopefully a few days of actual practice, and a revitalized Pau and Nash will make the difference. Until I see it however, I have to assume we will lose.

#12 ·
#14 ·
Mines with a bunch of brazilians. They only care about soccer. :( oh well... Go Steve llullz

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.