St. Bonaventure 0-0 7-5
Xavier 0-0 7-6
Duquesne 0-0 7-7
George Washington 0-0 6-7
Rhode Island 0-0 5-8
Fordham 0-0 4-11

Overall Non-Con Record: 135-75

*Caps denote home team

4 games on Friday for the A-10. Rhode Island is a 9.5 point favorite at home facing 4-7 Brown at 7 pm. GW gets a chance at a BCS scalp as they go on the road as 6 point underdogs playing 5-7 Georgia also at 7. Saint Louis will be heavy favorites at home coming off their big over over New Mexico as they play Savannah St at 8 pm. Finally Fordham goes on the road as 21 point underdogs as they will play the 10-2 Ole Miss Rebels at 9 pm on ESPN3.

See less See more
#2 ·
KenPom has us as a 2 point underdog and RPIforecast predicts a 1.1 point loss (?) against Georgia. Optimistic (with fingers crossed) that we pull out a win in Athens with the students not back for classes yet. They are a pretty average team on offense, but that's been solely due to Caldwell-Pope's great play. Outside of him, they are poor on both sides of the ball.

#5 ·
GW on Comcast mid-atlantic for those in the comcast region (and I'm sure some other channels will have it in other A-10 areas).

Very much looking forward to this. Could be another road BCS dud, like GW has had so many times - even when we were good - in the last decade. But GW played very well against Kansas St. and Rutgers and should have won one or both, so perhaps this is the breakthrough against a very beatable Georgia team?

#6 ·
Don't know why this is new to me, but Charlotte's 12-2 record is against the 323rd RPI SOS schedule? What's the point of doing that? Even at 14-0, there's virtually 0% chance of an at-large selection in a non-BCS league. At least, give yourself a chance.

#7 ·
Alan Major needs wins to keep his job. As long as they don't completely tank in A10 play, most people will see the final record and lay off him a bit.

#12 · (Edited)
Its equally true in the A-10 as it is in the Horizon, NEC, MWC, or any other non-BCS conference. You simply will never get an at-large bid to the NCAA Tournament with that kind of NCSOS. The process is stacked against those teams anyway, if you hope to beat it you have to play their game.

Hell, look at Drexel a year ago. They were 27-6 and didn't lose for 2+ months, but still NIT bound

#16 ·
Drexel was in a lower-rated conference. If they'd done that in the A10 this year, they get in.

I won't disagree that there's unfair bias (particularly in using SOS only, which ignores home-away and inherently favors those teams and conferences able to play lots of home games). But it's still possible for Charlotte this year. In fact, Charlotte regularly played their way into the tournament almost every year using conference play when they were still in the old CUSA, because they got opportunities to beat highly ranked teams in conference.

#15 ·
That was true in years the A10 was weaker, with fewer opportunities for top 50 and top 100 wins, and a conference that was much lower in the stacking order (10th, 11th, 12th!). That was what I meant about the Horizon comment. There's been years the A10 was right down there with the Horizon, and teams with 30 something rpi got left out (Dayton was another one, though I think that was the year Chris Wright got injured so the committee evaluated them differently).

Charlotte could get a bid just fine if they win 12 or more in the conference. The BCS bias will still mean less margin for error, but it's still possible, however unlikely.

#17 ·
that URI team that finished 23-9 had started 20-3 (with an RPI in the teens) and faded down the stretch. Started with a home loss to Richmond where the Spiders were just clutch in crunch time (Gonzalvez, Anderson) and URI missed a 3 to win. URI students all wore pink that game if I recall.

Was also before 4 unworthy teams started getting in the tournament.

#20 · (Edited)
As a Charlotte fan, I'd like to point out that I'm sure this schedule wasn't put together with an at-large in mind. We're coming off of 2 bad years and are playing 8 or 9 freshman and sophomores. I think we're taking the winning breeds winning philosophy this year. If we're even in NCAA consideration, the seasons been a success and we've exceeded all expectations.

Next year when we move to CUSA, you will see a significantly tougher non-conf schedule due to the weaker conference schedule. Also, any team that schedules a non D1 regular season game should keep their mouth shut.

#27 ·
GW misses a flurry of threes at the end, starts fouling. Close game will wind up not looking close.

Georgia wins 52-41, but game was much closer than that. GW goes 0-12 from three. Armwood has by FAR his worst game of the year, Kromah goes 0-5 and did nothing. Bynes was his usual awful self. The 4 guards combined to shoot 2-20.

Wasted a very strong game by Larsen and a fine defensive effort, especially by Garino.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.