Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

2nd Favorite A-10 Team

7K views 104 replies 52 participants last post by  anXUfan 
#1 ·
I know it is a touchy subject :) but I'm curious to hear from others what is their 2nd favorite team in the A-10?

I'm predicting that an overwhelming majority of Dayton fans will say Xavier and vice versa :p

For me as a UMass fan I'd say Temple. The rivalry between UMass and Temple back in the day when each team was coached by Calipari and Chaney respectively was amazing. I have an incredible amount of respect for Temple basketball.

#96 ·
I like all of the A-10 programs for one reason or another, and root for all OOC. Gotta say majority of the fans I have met from each school were classy. I hate the thought there might be abreakup of what we have finally acquired -- sitll hoping it does not happen. To close to say one 2nd favorite, would say it was close between Xavier, GW, Dayton & Temple.

#102 · (Edited)
Haven't been here in a couple of years but, as the Owls get ready to leave the A-10, I wanted to chime in here.

I love A-10 fans. We had a lot of good times with them over the years.

Playing roulette with Fordham and Duquesne fans in AC. We were all playing ballplayer numbers and doing pretty well. We drove some hotshot kids from New York crazy.

A couple of years ago, we had a nice back-and-forth with some folks from Dayton at the LC. We went out for drinks and munchies with them afterward. Good people.

We used to run into two couples from URI in AC. And, for some reason, we always sat next to Richmond fans. Nice folks all around.

Long before X came into the A-10, some X fans helped me out at the Cincinnati airport. So a soft spot that pre-dates the league.

St. Joe and LaSalle fans are different because we have been running into them since the days of eating at Pagano's after Palestra doubleheaders, so they kind of transcend the A-10.

The year Butler played so well in the pre-season NIT, I ran into Green's family - I cannot remember hs first name, the nice guard from Philly. They were on a SEPTA train going to Trenton and onto the Garden. I rooted for the Bulldogs then and will continue to (except when they play the Owls).

That's just a couple of things off the top of my head. I always root for the Philly teams and the A-10 teams when they aren't playing Temple (Villanova less so but....). I will always do that, no matter where everyone ends up.

I forgot: A VERY soft spot for the Bonnies. I dated a Bonaventure grad when I lived in DC.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.