Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Game Thread: La Salle @ Xavier (Saturday 1/19/13)

7K views 88 replies 40 participants last post by  Cali-delphia 
#1 ·
La Salle

vs

Xavier

Records: La Salle (12-4, 2-1 A 10) / Xavier (10-6, 3-0 A 10)
Game time: 2PM EST
TV: Time Warner SportsChannel Ohio
Radio: La Salle 990 AM / Xavier 700 AM WLW
Websites: La Salle / Xavier

See less See more
#4 ·
Nice early season test for both. I don't believe LaSalle has won at Cintas, although can't swear to that. Do remember getting taken to the woodshed by Donnie Carr and friends at the Cincinnati Gardens not too long ago.
La Salle won at Cintas in the 2005-2006 season. However, since then it has not been very friendly to my Explorers.

#7 ·
Xavier has won 49 of its last 50 home games vs conference opponent. That is one of the more impressive facts i have seen lately. With that in mind this will be an extremely difficult game for lasalle. The interesting matchup will be how much pressure the lasalle guards can semaj and if they can force him to turn the ball over. I believe that lasalle's style of play could cause problems and possibly help them eke out a win which they will need with there difficult stretch coming up. If they can force 20 plus turnovers like they did against dayton I wouldnt be surprised if they come out on top.

#9 ·
No doubt. Im not saying it will be easy, but it is the thing the explorers must do. Sam Mills is a terrific defender and Ramon Galloway is one of the most explosive and quick players in the league. I am extremely impressed by everything I have seen out of Semaj. If he controls the ball, X will control the tempo and should win.

#10 ·
This could be a great game for Jerrell Wright; he has played with more confidence recently. I think the Explorer defensive will force quite a few turnovers. Explorers by 7 in this one.

#25 ·
I am not sure who I am angriest with:
1. Reggie Greenwood for allowing this crew to officiate the game.
2. Refs Frankie Bordeaux and Quinton Murphy for the corrupt officiating (obvious hand-checks allowed and instead called Galloway for 5 seconds; numerous over-the-backs allowed by X; charges on X called as block fouls even though the La Salle player was standing still).
3. The best Division 3 coach and coaching staff in all of Division 1... Doctor John G. He finally picked up the Technical for screaming at Frankie Bordeaux - he should have done that in the first half. For not having Tyreek run the show throughout the game.
4. Ramon Galloway, Tyrone Garland, Jerrell Wright, Sam Mills and Tyreek Duren for not showing more fight and pushing the team to victory. Even getting a technical. They had to change the game set and failed to do so.

It is so frustrating to watch your top 25 caliber team playing like a Less-then NIT squad due to lack of fight which always comes back to p!ss poor coaching.

Reactions: X-band '01
#35 ·
T Duren fucjing sucks. 1-10. Nice. Lasalle is a big reason why I want to leave the A-10. Just a joke of a program

#41 ·
It makes no sense to me that the line would have swung four points. It's La Salle, on the road, at Xavier, who's won a few in a row, with Dee Davis back. And it's not like La Salle has been shredding power conference teams. Very puzzling to me.

#44 ·
LSF - you're right. X came into this league and did something you all could not - figured out that we just need to be on the good side of shi][y officials! Too bad you all haven't figured it out - i guess you're just a bunch of dumfuks. Seriously, just have terrible officiating go against every other team and you'll rule this league and go straight to the S16 4 out of 5 years. That's it! Don't you feel dumm now? Hell, you probably still don't get it. Nothing to do with the degree of the coach or admin on your team btw.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.