Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

The Best Shooters in the NBA

2K views 20 replies 17 participants last post by  c_dog 
#1 ·
See less See more
#2 ·
Where ya at Wade? All of your boys are leading the league from somewhere on the floor

#5 ·
WOOOOO yeeaaa Irving's here. Don't know why this makes me so excited.

#7 ·
What's their eFG% from those spots though? That's what matters.

#12 ·
Some of the names you're all surprised to see omitted from that list were for a reason - although not "the best in the league" from any of those spots, some of those guys are better from the rest of the spots than the guys on that list. Keep in mind - the ones with a reputation for being the very best shooters light it up from all over the place.

#13 ·
Nice article, but not something to take too seriously. Those are not the best shooters; they are just shooting the highest percentage in that specific area on the court. It's really difficult to determine the league's best shooters.

Lebron James' 72% is actually an inflated stat when you take into account how often referees let superstars go to the line versus non-superstars. Kobe is the perfect example; how many times have we seen NO CONTACT on Kobe Bryant, yet he goes to the line anyway!

I do like how the author brought the point about BIG MEN like Dwight Howard and Shaq who have yielded high percentages due to making easy shots right next to the basket.

I'm not sure if there is a way to determine the best shooters. Even Kevin Durant lost a 3-point round to Kevin Love when Kevin Love only had 7 measley points. : ) lol

Better example:

Ray Allen who is regarded as one of the best shooters ever is 40.1% behind the three-point line, while Nate Robinson who is considered an impatient shooter is 35.7% behind the line. Well guess what... Ray takes a numerous amount of wide open shots, while Nate Robinson takes a numerous amount of forced and contested three-point shots.

Perhaps a 35.7% 3-point shooter who takes many forced and contested shots is a better shooter than an often wide open 40.1% 3-point shooter.

SWITCH ROLES: Have Nate shoot wide open threes, and Ray Allen shoot forced and contested shots. Then see who has the higher 3-point percentage. I've seen Ray miss many shots under pressure. Ray loves to shoot threes the same way he practices them: WIDE OPEN! : ) lol

#14 ·
That has nothing to do with him being a better shooter - it's called having a better basketball IQ. Why would you take a contested 3-pointer if the clock isn't winding down? That's just bad basketball.

#16 ·
JBKB is like a semi-troll. The stuff he says is not outrageous enough for you to call him out on, but enough to get your teeth grinding and knuckles white. As if his paragraphs of fallacies upon fallacies are not enough, he throws around a few (friendly?... Or mocking?) : )'s for good measure, on the off chance that there were one or two posters left, unfazed by his stupidity/cunning.

.....indeed, to call him a semi-troll would be exceptionally false. He's clearly the best troll to ever do it, possibly without even being aware of his trolling. He is the Troll God; we all walk in his garden of turbulence.

Sent from my iPhone using VS Free

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.