Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Proposal for posters of teams not at top of conf

2K views 43 replies 18 participants last post by  EpicFailGuy 
#1 ·
As many of your teams struggle to stay in contention I notice posters of those teams being less involved here. It may have to do with a lack of interest for a team that is out of contention. It may also be the hubris or extreme cockyness of the fans of the top teams that are turning you off.

I therefore would like to propose -

Top 3 Free Posting Days!

We could save certain days of the week for posts by members of non top tier teams only. This may be a crazy idea or may just rekindle the fire of the board.

#11 ·
I suppose being a Binghamton fan there's not a lot to get excited about. Maybe a win tomorrow night to take control of the number 6 seed would be something though. :)

I've been keeping track of all the scores and there have been a few great games but mostly they've been ho-hum.
I don't forsee a lot of drama the second half of the regular season, it most likely is shaping up to be a Vermont/SB final. If there's a big upset in the tourney I guess that would be something to chat about. Since we're guaranteed a Saturday game this year it will defintiely be worth the trip up I-88 to watch some games.

Basically we are just waiting for Coach Dempsey to build that dynasty we deserve for being so patient.

#33 ·
Just for reference,

So I shouldn't post because I'm not a fan of a top 3 AE team?

I mean, Saint Louis isn't going to make the AE tournament...so I guess I should go away.

Nah, you guys are too interesting. And Dayton/Xavier feuds don't make it here.

#36 ·
Hahaha I think the joke is that he finds posters from the top 3 teams intolerable and that he'd like to somehow phase them out of the board (although he is a Stony Brook fan). If nothing else I'm pretty sure he was trying to promote dialogue from non top 3 teams, so you're more than welcome here.

#34 ·
I think it's great a Saint Louis fan posts here. Wish we played you guys every year. Hopefully we will in a couple years for Ryan Pierson.

Sorry to hear about Majerus' passing as well. College basketball lost a great member.

#35 ·
Rick was a legend. Tough blow to the basketball world.

I liked the Vermont game...compared to the other OOC games we get, it wouldn't be a bad game either way. I'm not sure how scheduling will work in the future because I don't know what conference we're going to be playing in.

If we make the C7, I think a Vermont home-and-home would be possible because of the Northeast footprint of the Big East. If we end up in that conference that will remain nameless (*mvc*), I don't know what the scheduling rules are as much.

Good luck to all the AE teams the rest of the year (unless you play an A-10 team in March/April)!

#39 ·
I'd say bring on a Maine/St. Louis home & home...but well, sure that's not going to happen. But hey, good luck the rest of the year!

#44 ·
I have to give Stony Brook credit:

They actually got a game with Illinois. They won't answer the phone when SLU has called.

I think we need to talk to Binghamton (Missouri) or SB (Illinois) to come up with a way to get those two state schools on our schedule.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.