Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Bracketbuster Games

7K views 98 replies 23 participants last post by  UVM Hoop Cat 
#1 ·
Still probably still a long shot, but Vermont and Albany both appear to be on the edge of TV games for the Bracketbuster. UVM's win over Stony Brook really helped their RPI, but it will likely drop a bit with the next few games before the TV matchups are announced.

I would like to see a Vermont matchup with Iona, Loyola or Canisius, as that could be a TV/ESPN3 game given their RPI. But the question is how much will the Bracketbuster committee consider geography in this final year of the event.

#78 ·
Few different reasons the event ran its course- main one being all the different channels and opportunities for mid-majors to get on TV is so much greater than it was when the BB started in 2004-05. Additionally, all the schools/conferences that pulled out of participating, and finally I think the relative success of mid-majors as a whole made it so people have finally started to pay attention to mid-majors outside of Gonzaga.

#82 ·
That will never happen in a million, gazillion years. It would be fun and there would be upsets, but no way the big boys put themselves at risk like that.

#81 ·
The ACC/Big Ten Challenge and the Big East/SEC Challenge has also run its course.

Edit: Hahaha after only two years, Big East/SEC Challenge is canceled.

#87 ·
Good call Patch- forgot Baron got a waiver to play immediately this season.

I guess if the game is scheduled in 2014-15 and not next season we could still miss him.

#86 ·
Best of luck to both Vermont & Albany...2 good quality opponents and both very winnable. Hoping for a 2-0 showing for the league.

#99 ·
UVM checks into the mid-major top 25 for first time this season at #24. Stony Brook got 16 votes, Albany 1, and Hartford 1.

Still not sure how voting for this thing really works. Last week SBU was 22, Northeastern 23, and Harvard 24 and UVM has beaten all those teams yet somehow had only received 10 votes. Found that strange.

http://www.collegeinsider.com/mens-mid-major-top-25.php

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.