Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Game Thread: Temple @ Dayton (Saturday 2/9/13)

8K views 120 replies 46 participants last post by  FlyersandTEA4LIFE 
#1 ·
Temple

vs

Dayton

Records: Temple (15-7, 4-4 A 10) / Dayton (13-9, 3-5 A 10)
Game time: 11AM EST
TV: ESPNU
Radio: Temple 1210 AM WPHT / Dayton 95.7 FM 1290 AM

See less See more
#104 ·
I disagree.
I don’t blame the Flyers for milking the clock a little.

At that point in the game the only way Temple can beat you is to hit everything they toss up,(they did, 6 for 6) you have to turn the ball over and over(we did), and you need to miss a bunch of free throws( we missed them all).How often is that going to happen? Like almost never. Why not be patient? It makes good sense.
But somehow, someway ,everything that had to happen, happened.

#105 · (Edited)
Dayton did what they were supposed to do with the game in hand with just a few minutes remaining. They ran the clock and made people other than Wyatt shoot. Randall and O'Brien hit big shots to keep Temple within a couple of possessions.

Starting with Benson completely leaving Lee alone for a dunk, the rest of the game was a botched abortion from all 12 people on the floor not named Khalif Wyatt. Two underperforming teams did what underperforming teams do, they tried every way possible to lose the game. Refs who work for the $ the A10 pays did what refs who work for the $ the A10 pays do. Only one of them had a guy who could bury a three while being guarded like the North Korean border.

The best description I saw was on twitter: "Temple and Dayton lose, 72-71."

#106 ·
Dillard really cost the Flyers down the stretch. At one point he thought he would get contact from a Temple player, then shuffled his feet but was still looking for a foul call! A couple of other times he needed to give up the ball sooner but instead turned it over... you gotta make those plays.

#116 ·
I like KD a lot. Can you imagine UD without him? Archie thought he was the end of game "go to" guy and he was for awhile. Now everyone double teams him in the last 3 minutes but Archie hasn't come up with a Plan B. Tu was plan A for X last year. When he couldn't drive Lyons would zip down the court for a easy lay in. How many times did you see this happen? Two guys on Tu. Mark unaccounted for. Archie needs a Plan B. KD has trouble with double teams, when he sees it coming, somebody is open for a good shot.

#110 · (Edited)
Guess you don't recognize the pattern after all these many years. THEY CAN'T CLOSE!.They play 37 minute games. Allowing the other team to go wild in the last 3 minutes (oh, we played great D, they just made all the shots! Whoppee), can't take care of the ball and clanged all the FT's = another preventable loss. Took their foot off the gas and tried to coast to the finish, but, alas, the other team didn't cooperate and stop playing.

'We played well enough to win for 35 minutes, but in basically a five-minute period, we caved in on the defensive end.”

Is this guy an adult? Oh, yeah, it's Archie in the DDN

Doug Harris:
"The Flyers have played seven games that have gone down to the final minute this season and have lost all but one."

Apparently my opinion is shared by other "adults". And it's just my opinion on a freakin' message board. I disagree with just about everything you post. Get over it. Just my .02 worth.

#112 ·
Dayton is a group of mental midgets. They have zero acumen to perfect the fundamentals. They spent their entire HS careers showcasing their dunks and rejections and never practiced the art of chest passes, spacing, FT shooting, dribbling, footwork on defense, or time and score.

When you're 58% foul shooting fifth-year senior PF flexes his muscles in a show of strength and empowerment, and then proceeds to gag two FTs at the line with 1 second left to win the game, you have to wonder if this team is spending too much time huffing paint to embrace the concept of speaking softly but carrying a big stick, rather than posing for Muscle Magazine as you flush yet another win down the poop chute while doing their best to occupy the basement of the conference standings.

The actions of this team have become sophomoric and stupefying.

This post has been deleted
#118 ·
Doug Harris usually does an A10 roundup type of article on Tuesdays after A10 media day. I've come to appreciate it. It's nice, no? Got to know Alan Major a little bit. Got to mumble under my breath about Chris Mack. Built some hope that somehow Rhode Island will be affected by the snow on Wednesday (they won't be).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.