OBW Catch-All Thread - Page 67 - Basketball Forum : Professional and College Basketball Forums
BasketballForum.com is the premier basketball Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

Like Tree83Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2012, 12:28 PM   #991 (permalink)
-PREMIUM MEMBER-
Photobucket
 
UVM Hoop Cat's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Boston
Posts: 21,246
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 62501
UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future
Re: OBW Catch-All Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromtheshow View Post
Video of the Day and longer article on the most athletic (run and jump/explosive athleticism) player I've ever seen in the AE: http://www.onebidwonders.com/2012/11...-air-up-there/
Just shows how subjective things like athleticism/dunking really is. Turner has impressive hops for a player his size, but Marqus had 3 dunks in games that I can think of off the top of my head that were more impressive than any 1 dunk I've seen here.
__________________
"Let's win this game for all the small schools that never had a chance to get here"
- Hoosiers,
& UVM mens basketball NCAA's 2005
UVM Hoop Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-06-2012, 01:45 PM   #992 (permalink)
Star
 

Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 3,301
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 37777
Patch has much to be proud of Patch has much to be proud of Patch has much to be proud of Patch has much to be proud of Patch has much to be proud of Patch has much to be proud of Patch has much to be proud of Patch has much to be proud of Patch has much to be proud of Patch has much to be proud of Patch has much to be proud of
Re: OBW Catch-All Thread

OBW remember Turner wore RED so your opinion is wrong

Sorry (LOL)

There is nothing special about a 5'8" guy dunking all over the place.
Patch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:52 PM   #993 (permalink)
-PREMIUM MEMBER-
Photobucket
 
UVM Hoop Cat's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Boston
Posts: 21,246
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 62501
UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future
Re: OBW Catch-All Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
OBW remember Turner wore RED so your opinion is wrong

Sorry (LOL)

There is nothing special about a 5'8" guy dunking all over the place.
Well- the author is (was?) quite clearly a BU fan, so consider the source with a (red) grain of salt as well.

The Blakely dunk over Brent Wilson in 07 blows anything I saw in that clip out of the water. Sorry. (Not really though).
__________________
"Let's win this game for all the small schools that never had a chance to get here"
- Hoosiers,
& UVM mens basketball NCAA's 2005
UVM Hoop Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:25 PM   #994 (permalink)
Star
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,814
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 8188
farfromtheshow has disabled reputation
Re: OBW Catch-All Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by UVM Hoop Cat View Post
Just shows how subjective things like athleticism/dunking really is. Turner has impressive hops for a player his size, but Marqus had 3 dunks in games that I can think of off the top of my head that were more impressive than any 1 dunk I've seen here.
Marqus played in the youtube and dvd age when every dunk no matter where/when it happened could be uploaded. Turner played when game film was archived on freaking BETA. These dunks were from 4 games... 4. It's a very small sample size. Secondly, if Joey Accaoui had throw anything remotely close to these down in games, you would have lost your freaking mind... and Joey has about an inch on Turner...

Lastly, since you like to imply or outright state that most of what I say is subjective and hyperbole, or biased, I'm coming at you with facts when it comes to raw athleticism (which is what I have said in this article).

Matt Turner's standing, no-step vertical (which as the name suggests, is taken from a standstill, without any momentum, just jumping straight up) was 40.1 inches.
His max Vertical leap was 46.5".
He bench pressed 320 pounds for repetitions and maxed out at nearly 400.
He ran a sub 4.4 40 yard dash.
He has a wingspan of 5'8"
His Height in his shoes 5'8" (5' 7.75")

Marqus Blakely's standing Vert was 35"
His Max Vert 39.5"
His Bench Press 275 MAX
Don't have a 40 time but you can bet it was not sub 4.4
His wingspan was 7'2".
His Height in shoes 6'5.5"

Which raw numbers are more impressive? Because those are the black and white numbers and that's all I'm talking about.

I'm not sure what Marqus Blakely's dunks have to do with this article, as no where in it did I say anything to the extent of Matt Turner being the best dunker I've ever seen in the league... I did say he was the most explosive athlete, and I believe I have provided the cold, hard numbers to back up such a stance.

Sweet lord you like to nit-pick.

Last edited by farfromtheshow; 11-06-2012 at 03:05 PM.
farfromtheshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:47 PM   #995 (permalink)
Star
 

Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 3,301
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 37777
Patch has much to be proud of Patch has much to be proud of Patch has much to be proud of Patch has much to be proud of Patch has much to be proud of Patch has much to be proud of Patch has much to be proud of Patch has much to be proud of Patch has much to be proud of Patch has much to be proud of Patch has much to be proud of
Re: OBW Catch-All Thread

Come on OBW you can not possibly expect to win an argument using fact and truth.

Just imagine if Matt Turner wore the GREEN - then it would be totally different

lets get at it (just kidding) UVM fans it now basketball season.

As a UA fan I would of loved to have either.

If that were the case the Blakely dunk over Brent Wilson would have really been great a player dunking over his team mate.

Our guys can't jump over paper clips!!!!
Patch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:47 PM   #996 (permalink)
Star
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,864
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 18434
uvm4life20 has much to be proud of uvm4life20 has much to be proud of uvm4life20 has much to be proud of uvm4life20 has much to be proud of uvm4life20 has much to be proud of uvm4life20 has much to be proud of uvm4life20 has much to be proud of uvm4life20 has much to be proud of uvm4life20 has much to be proud of uvm4life20 has much to be proud of uvm4life20 has much to be proud of
Re: OBW Catch-All Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromtheshow View Post
Marqus played in the youtube and dvd age when every dunk no matter where/when it happened could be uploaded. Turner played when game film was archived on freaking BETA. These dunks were from 4 games... 4. It's a very small sample size. Secondly, if Joey Accaoui had throw anything remotely close to these down in games, you would have lost your freaking mind... and Joey has about an inch on Turner...

Lastly, since you like to imply or outright state that most of what I say is subjective and hyperbole, or biased, I'm coming at you with facts when it comes to raw athleticism (which is what I have said in this article).

Matt Turner's standing, no-step vertical (which as the name suggests, is taken from a standstill, without any momentum, just jumping straight up) was 40.1 inches.
His max Vertical leap was 46.5".
He bench pressed 320 pounds for repetitions and maxed out at nearly 400.
He ran a sub 4.4 40 yard dash.
He has a wingspan of 5'8"
His Height in his shoes 5'8" (5' 7.75")

Marqus Blakely's standing Vert was 35"
His Max Vert 39.5"
His Bench Press 275 MAX
Don't have a 40 time but you can bet it was not sub 4.4
His wingspan was 7'2".
His Height in shoes 6'5.5"

Which raw numbers are more impressive? Because those are the black and white numbers and that's all I'm talking about.

I'm not sure what Marqus Blakely's dunks have to do with this article, as no where in it did I say anything to the extent of Matt Turner being the best dunker I've ever seen in the league... I did say he was the most explosive athlete, and I believe I have provided the cold, hard numbers to back up such a stance.

Sweet lord you like to nit-pick.
I dont think Joey was 5'9"
Explosive has nothing to do with the numbers you gave. When I think of an explosive athlete I think of a player who jumps high really quickly or accelerate quickly with the ball in their hands. I think marqus was a more explosive dunker and Matt was more explosive with the ball in his hands. Either way your numbers DO NOT back up your statement.
uvm4life20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:52 PM   #997 (permalink)
Benchwarmer
 
Zonid's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 218
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 1939
Zonid has disabled reputation
Re: OBW Catch-All Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvm4life20 View Post
Either way your numbers DO NOT back up your statement.
Except....they do.
Zonid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:13 PM   #998 (permalink)
-PREMIUM MEMBER-
Photobucket
 
UVM Hoop Cat's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Boston
Posts: 21,246
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 62501
UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future
Re: OBW Catch-All Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromtheshow View Post
Marqus played in the youtube and dvd age when every dunk no matter where/when it happened could be uploaded. Turner played when game film was archived on freaking BETA. These dunks were from 4 games... 4. It's a very small sample size. Secondly, if Joey Accaoui had throw anything remotely close to these down in games, you would have lost your freaking mind... and Joey has about an inch on Turner...

Lastly, since you like to imply or outright state that most of what I say is subjective and hyperbole, or biased, I'm coming at you with facts when it comes to raw athleticism (which is what I have said in this article).

Matt Turner's standing, no-step vertical (which as the name suggests, is taken from a standstill, without any momentum, just jumping straight up) was 40.1 inches.
His max Vertical leap was 46.5".
He bench pressed 320 pounds for repetitions and maxed out at nearly 400.
He ran a sub 4.4 40 yard dash.
He has a wingspan of 5'8"
His Height in his shoes 5'8" (5' 7.75")

Marqus Blakely's standing Vert was 35"
His Max Vert 39.5"
His Bench Press 275 MAX
Don't have a 40 time but you can bet it was not sub 4.4
His wingspan was 7'2".
His Height in shoes 6'5.5"

Which raw numbers are more impressive? Because those are the black and white numbers and that's all I'm talking about.

I'm not sure what Marqus Blakely's dunks have to do with this article, as no where in it did I say anything to the extent of Matt Turner being the best dunker I've ever seen in the league... I did say he was the most explosive athlete, and I believe I have provided the cold, hard numbers to back up such a stance.

Sweet lord you like to nit-pick.
So....what Blakely did in games was even more impressive, because apparently you're saying he's less of an "athlete" than Turner.

Bench press? Who could care for a second about bench press? Kevin Durant tested horribly and could barely lift the bar but he's one of the best players and athletes in the NBA.

Turner was a great leaper for a little guy, but he's not the most impressive athlete I've seen in the AE. So...yes, there' the hyperbole.
__________________
"Let's win this game for all the small schools that never had a chance to get here"
- Hoosiers,
& UVM mens basketball NCAA's 2005
UVM Hoop Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:24 PM   #999 (permalink)
-PREMIUM MEMBER-
Photobucket
 
UVM Hoop Cat's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Boston
Posts: 21,246
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 62501
UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future
Re: OBW Catch-All Thread

See, what's funny is I think Accaoui is just as an impressive athlete because he was able to play at a level equal to Turner's (in terms of production) despite having nowhere near the physical abilities of Turner.

So..there's that.
__________________
"Let's win this game for all the small schools that never had a chance to get here"
- Hoosiers,
& UVM mens basketball NCAA's 2005
UVM Hoop Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:42 PM   #1000 (permalink)
Star
 

Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 3,301
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 37777
Patch has much to be proud of Patch has much to be proud of Patch has much to be proud of Patch has much to be proud of Patch has much to be proud of Patch has much to be proud of Patch has much to be proud of Patch has much to be proud of Patch has much to be proud of Patch has much to be proud of Patch has much to be proud of
Re: OBW Catch-All Thread

Stubborness is such a great quality!!!


Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder!!!!

I can't wait for the games to begin!!!
Patch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:25 PM   #1001 (permalink)
-PREMIUM MEMBER-
Photobucket
 
UVM Hoop Cat's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Boston
Posts: 21,246
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 62501
UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future
Re: OBW Catch-All Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
Stubborness is such a great quality!!!
So I'm stubborn because I won't accept as fact that Turner was an amazing athlete, or I need to accept someone elses definition of what makes someone athletic.

Riiiiigghhhhttttt. Ok.

From the article:

Matt Turner was the most explosive athlete that I have ever seen play in the America East. In all likelihood, he is the most physically gifted basketball player to ever suit up for the Terriers and most the athletic (as far as run and jump explosive ability) player to ever come through the conference.


I can only take this to mean that the author didn't see Marqus Blakely play. Especially the second bolded part. If someone can produce some of the things Turner did that are better/more impressive/more "explosive" than some of the things Blakely did, then I'll certainly have an open mind.

But I guess because I disagree with the latter part that author wrote, that makes me wrong Patch? I think I know your answer to that one
__________________
"Let's win this game for all the small schools that never had a chance to get here"
- Hoosiers,
& UVM mens basketball NCAA's 2005
UVM Hoop Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:05 PM   #1002 (permalink)
Star
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,814
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 8188
farfromtheshow has disabled reputation
Re: OBW Catch-All Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by UVM Hoop Cat View Post
So I'm stubborn because I won't accept as fact that Turner was an amazing athlete, or I need to accept someone elses definition of what makes someone athletic.

Riiiiigghhhhttttt. Ok.

From the article:

Matt Turner was the most explosive athlete that I have ever seen play in the America East. In all likelihood, he is the most physically gifted basketball player to ever suit up for the Terriers and most the athletic (as far as run and jump explosive ability) player to ever come through the conference.


I can only take this to mean that the author didn't see Marqus Blakely play. Especially the second bolded part. If someone can produce some of the things Turner did that are better/more impressive/more "explosive" than some of the things Blakely did, then I'll certainly have an open mind.

But I guess because I disagree with the latter part that author wrote, that makes me wrong Patch? I think I know your answer to that one
Blakely was a wonderful player - the far superior player no doubt about it... But when I think explosive athlete I think raw athleticism. I've given you numbers, and you choose to ignore them. Turner could jump higher - fact. Turner was faster - fact. Turner was stronger - fact. Turner was not even quite 5'8" in his shoe tops and he dunked in games with authority.

There are quotes from opposing players and coaches, notably Tom Brennan and Tobe Carberry... there are a laundry list of Quotes from other UVM guys including Pat Filien who say that Turner was basically the most insane athlete they've ever seen, if I wanted to write a 3,000 word article which no one would have the patience to read, I'd include them all.

Bottom line - I have seen athleticism like Blakely's before. I am not saying I routinely saw players who were as good as him, or the players who had his same package were the same kind of players, but I have seen the 6'5" athlete with extremely long arms before... I have not seen Matt Turner type of athleticism before, I might not again.

For you to say I'm speaking in hyperbole, when the intro to the article is written in first person narrative, and is clearly my opinion, is hyperbole is ridiculous. It's my opinion, I was more impressed and more awed by Turner than Blakely as far as "oh my god I don't believe what I just saw" athleticism.

I saw plenty of Blakely, he was over nine inches taller than Turner, his wingspan was 18 inches greater than Turner's. Turner, to me, was the far more explosive and athletic player when it comes to combine-like athleticism. He dropped my jaw more than Blakely did, and that is no slight to Blakely.

Point blank, if Joey Accauoi or Jay Greene threw down finger-tip dunks in lay-up lines you'd have been impressed, Blakely caught alley-oops up at the top of the square in games...

Frankly, in another thread, you raved about Candon Rusin's dunk in the Catamounts dunk contest, which was about as pedestrian a dunk contest dunk as I've seen, and then you turn around and downplay Turner's dunks... Green Glasses much?

To say you need to see proof, I don't know what to tell you because I gave you the raw numbers, you ignore them. There is not a treasure trove of game DVD's from 1999-2004 when Turner played, there just isn't. Games were kept on Beta, there were far fewer TV games. When Dennis Wolff was dismissed, those game films disappeared. They're gone, I've been trying to track them down for a host of different teams from that era and they simply don't seem to be around anymore... sad because of what a great era that was.
farfromtheshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:07 PM   #1003 (permalink)
Star
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,814
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 8188
farfromtheshow has disabled reputation
Re: OBW Catch-All Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by UVM Hoop Cat View Post

Turner was a great leaper for a little guy, but he's not the most impressive athlete I've seen in the AE. So...yes, there' the hyperbole.
Turner was a great leaper for anyone. Please find someone whose registered a standing Vertical leap of better than 40 inches in a combine from the past 20 years... It just doesn't happen.
farfromtheshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:00 PM   #1004 (permalink)
Star
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,814
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 8188
farfromtheshow has disabled reputation
Re: OBW Catch-All Thread

I think a quote from former Vermont and Albany assistant Pat Filien, who coached against both Turner and Blakely, is pretty pertinent: "Not to begrudge Blakely, because I saw firsthand the legacy of his athleticism start in the 2007 championship game, but Turner did things at [5'8"] that were absolutely RIDICULOUS."
farfromtheshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:10 AM   #1005 (permalink)
-PREMIUM MEMBER-
Photobucket
 
UVM Hoop Cat's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Boston
Posts: 21,246
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 62501
UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future
Re: OBW Catch-All Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromtheshow View Post
Blakely was a wonderful player - the far superior player no doubt about it... But when I think explosive athlete I think raw athleticism. I've given you numbers, and you choose to ignore them. Turner could jump higher - fact. Turner was faster - fact. Turner was stronger - fact. Turner was not even quite 5'8" in his shoe tops and he dunked in games with authority.

There are quotes from opposing players and coaches, notably Tom Brennan and Tobe Carberry... there are a laundry list of Quotes from other UVM guys including Pat Filien who say that Turner was basically the most insane athlete they've ever seen, if I wanted to write a 3,000 word article which no one would have the patience to read, I'd include them all.

Bottom line - I have seen athleticism like Blakely's before. I am not saying I routinely saw players who were as good as him, or the players who had his same package were the same kind of players, but I have seen the 6'5" athlete with extremely long arms before... I have not seen Matt Turner type of athleticism before, I might not again.

For you to say I'm speaking in hyperbole, when the intro to the article is written in first person narrative, and is clearly my opinion, is hyperbole is ridiculous. It's my opinion, I was more impressed and more awed by Turner than Blakely as far as "oh my god I don't believe what I just saw" athleticism.

I saw plenty of Blakely, he was over nine inches taller than Turner, his wingspan was 18 inches greater than Turner's. Turner, to me, was the far more explosive and athletic player when it comes to combine-like athleticism. He dropped my jaw more than Blakely did, and that is no slight to Blakely.

Point blank, if Joey Accauoi or Jay Greene threw down finger-tip dunks in lay-up lines you'd have been impressed, Blakely caught alley-oops up at the top of the square in games...

Frankly, in another thread, you raved about Candon Rusin's dunk in the Catamounts dunk contest, which was about as pedestrian a dunk contest dunk as I've seen, and then you turn around and downplay Turner's dunks... Green Glasses much?

To say you need to see proof, I don't know what to tell you because I gave you the raw numbers, you ignore them. There is not a treasure trove of game DVD's from 1999-2004 when Turner played, there just isn't. Games were kept on Beta, there were far fewer TV games. When Dennis Wolff was dismissed, those game films disappeared. They're gone, I've been trying to track them down for a host of different teams from that era and they simply don't seem to be around anymore... sad because of what a great era that was.
You've seen guys like Blakely in this conference? Please tell me who, I want names..please tell me- who did as many amazing athletic things on offense and defense- blocks, rebounds, steals, dunks, everything. NCAA Dunk Champion. I'm pretty confident to say this conference will be long dissolved before it sees another player of Blakely's overall package again.


As for the raw stats, you keep failing to see how that's not relevant- because while Turner may have been able to jump higher, run faster, and bench more Blakely still did things far more explosive and incredible than what I see in your clips. I mean, seriously- when does this happen in the AE...ever...it just doesn't ever. You can't say Turner was most explosive when something like this exists in the world. You just can't, I'm sorry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PozPrv0pGdA


As for Rusin, you're taking that completely out of context to support what I don't even know, but I was speaking in the context of the UVM dunk contest, and how impressive his dunk was relative to other UVM dunks in the event, specifically O'Day who was named the winner. Please, please, please tell me you understand how that's completely different than saying Matt Turner is "in all likelihood the most athletic player to come through the conference"
__________________
"Let's win this game for all the small schools that never had a chance to get here"
- Hoosiers,
& UVM mens basketball NCAA's 2005
UVM Hoop Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:15 AM.



User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8pl1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2002 2013 BasketballBoards.net.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1