2013 America East Recruiting Thread - Page 8 - Basketball Forum : Professional and College Basketball Forums
BasketballForum.com is the premier basketball Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2012, 05:54 AM   #106 (permalink)
-PREMIUM MEMBER-
Photobucket
 
UVM Hoop Cat's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Boston
Posts: 22,085
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1320 Post(s)
Re: 2013 America East Recruiting Thread

St. Amour sounds like a great player and terrific kid, certainly an asset, and it's always nice to add a Vermonter (we'd have him under Brennan for sure), but he sounds pretty one-dimensional in his description, and it's pretty clear there are certain characteristics and traits the current coaching staff values and looks for in recruits, and St. Amour may only fill a couple of those things. Not saying we shouldn't offer him a scholarship though, just not sure if he will be a main focus or target.

Maybe he could fill a preferred walk-on type role similar to what Rugg has?

In 2013, we're going to only have two seniors graduating in Bald/Crenca, as well as whatever happens with the extra scholarship from this season whether it gets used for 2012, goes to Rugg, or is saved for 2013- so we may have 3. It's also obvious we've made PG a priority for 2013.
__________________
"Let's win this game for all the small schools that never had a chance to get here"
- Hoosiers,
& UVM mens basketball NCAA's 2005
UVM Hoop Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-26-2012, 02:43 PM   #107 (permalink)
Star
 
icemchine9's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 3,034
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Re: 2013 America East Recruiting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by UVM Hoop Cat View Post
St. Amour sounds like a great player and terrific kid, certainly an asset, and it's always nice to add a Vermonter (we'd have him under Brennan for sure), but he sounds pretty one-dimensional in his description, and it's pretty clear there are certain characteristics and traits the current coaching staff values and looks for in recruits, and St. Amour may only fill a couple of those things. Not saying we shouldn't offer him a scholarship though, just not sure if he will be a main focus or target.

Maybe he could fill a preferred walk-on type role similar to what Rugg has?

In 2013, we're going to only have two seniors graduating in Bald/Crenca, as well as whatever happens with the extra scholarship from this season whether it gets used for 2012, goes to Rugg, or is saved for 2013- so we may have 3. It's also obvious we've made PG a priority for 2013.
I've heard that he is a likely candidate to prep and reclassify to 2014. Not only would that help him develop as a player but that is also the year that we have 6 or so open scholarships. Would make sense to give one to a Vermont guy who could be a role player. (Not going to have 6 guys become starters/stars anyway)
icemchine9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:19 AM   #108 (permalink)
-PREMIUM MEMBER-
Photobucket
 
UVM Hoop Cat's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Boston
Posts: 22,085
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1320 Post(s)
Re: 2013 America East Recruiting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemchine9 View Post
I've heard that he is a likely candidate to prep and reclassify to 2014. Not only would that help him develop as a player but that is also the year that we have 6 or so open scholarships. Would make sense to give one to a Vermont guy who could be a role player. (Not going to have 6 guys become starters/stars anyway)
Makes a ton of sense, would be smart for the player regardless and if we were to offer it would make much more sense doing it for the 2014 class when we have 6 or 7 scholarship players to add.

I think for 2012/2013 we need to find as many kids that will be core parts of a team/make an impact because we will need that when we are going to have a 6-man/ 7-man class coming in.
__________________
"Let's win this game for all the small schools that never had a chance to get here"
- Hoosiers,
& UVM mens basketball NCAA's 2005
UVM Hoop Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:15 AM   #109 (permalink)
-PREMIUM MEMBER-
Photobucket
 
UVM Hoop Cat's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Boston
Posts: 22,085
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1320 Post(s)
Re: 2013 America East Recruiting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by UVM Hoop Cat View Post
Makes a ton of sense, would be smart for the player regardless and if we were to offer it would make much more sense doing it for the 2014 class when we have 6 or 7 scholarship players to add.

I think for 2012/2013 we need to find as many kids that will be core parts of a team/make an impact because we will need that when we are going to have a 6-man/ 7-man class coming in.
Yeah, prepping would be good b/c St. Amour doesn't look a day over 12 years old in this picture:

http://www.newenglandrecruitingrepor...t-St-Amour.php
__________________
"Let's win this game for all the small schools that never had a chance to get here"
- Hoosiers,
& UVM mens basketball NCAA's 2005
UVM Hoop Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 02:50 PM   #110 (permalink)
Player
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 854
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Re: 2013 America East Recruiting Thread

That picture is definitely outdated. He's easily 6'2 with a long but strong frame.
dnapolit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 02:57 PM   #111 (permalink)
Star
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,897
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Re: 2013 America East Recruiting Thread

i think a lot of pictures are outdated on that site.

lol to that pic. can we get a more updated photo than that 6th grade pic. seriously
uvm4life20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:21 AM   #112 (permalink)
Star
 
Catcountry21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,702
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Re: 2013 America East Recruiting Thread

Article in the BFP on "Mr. Basketball" St. Amour.

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/a...-Matt-St-Amour
__________________
"Everybody pulls for David, nobody roots for Goliath." -- Wilt Chamberlain
Catcountry21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:01 AM   #113 (permalink)
Player
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 854
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Re: 2013 America East Recruiting Thread

If I had to compare Matt's game to a widely known player I'd say he's a poor man's Jimmer Fredette. He really has deep range, he's fearless, and loves to compete. Both Jimmer (Glenn Falls, NY) and Matt (Swanton, VT) come from small Northeast towns with lots of community support and great families. I don't know if Matt will have the same success as Jimmer but it wasn't until Jimmer's senior year that he captured national attention. Time will tell.
dnapolit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:08 AM   #114 (permalink)
Player
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 841
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Re: 2013 America East Recruiting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnapolit View Post
If I had to compare Matt's game to a widely known player I'd say he's a poor man's Jimmer Fredette. He really has deep range, he's fearless, and loves to compete. Both Jimmer (Glenn Falls, NY) and Matt (Swanton, VT) come from small Northeast towns with lots of community support and great families. I don't know if Matt will have the same success as Jimmer but it wasn't until Jimmer's senior year that he captured national attention. Time will tell.
I would disagree. Jimmer really captured national attention in his junior season
Blakely4Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:11 PM   #115 (permalink)
Player
 

Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 823
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Re: 2013 America East Recruiting Thread

How many scholarships do the America East programs have open for the 2013? Stony Brook will be looking for 4 commitments with Brenton, Rouse, Hayes, and Bracey all seniors next year. I think Albany has a slew of open scholly's for this class.
oceandogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:33 AM   #116 (permalink)
Veteran
 
UAalum72's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Gateway to the Mohawk Valley
Posts: 1,294
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Re: 2013 America East Recruiting Thread

Yes, Albany seniors next year will be Aronhalt, Black, Guerrier, Iati, Metcalfe, and Suero. I keep forgetting Puk redshirted his freshman year.
__________________
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - B. Franklin
UAalum72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:50 AM   #117 (permalink)
-PREMIUM MEMBER-
Photobucket
 
UVM Hoop Cat's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Boston
Posts: 22,085
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1320 Post(s)
Re: 2013 America East Recruiting Thread

UVM will have 2- Bald and Crenca will be seniors next year.

We may have 3 if we do not use the current open one for 2012.
__________________
"Let's win this game for all the small schools that never had a chance to get here"
- Hoosiers,
& UVM mens basketball NCAA's 2005
UVM Hoop Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:13 AM   #118 (permalink)
All-Star
 
mainejeff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Maine
Posts: 7,698
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Re: 2013 America East Recruiting Thread

Jamal Reynolds



* 6-4 guard averaged 33 points, 7 assists, 5 rebounds, 3 steals this past season for Pine Ridge (Toronto)

* North Pole Hoops (Canada) #10 ranked prospect for Class of 2013

* Grassroots Canada AAU

* Currently being recruited by Maine, Albany and Detroit.

http://northpolehoops.com/2012/02/20...n-the-country/

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ktoqx...feature=relmfu
mainejeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:22 AM   #119 (permalink)
Star
 
umainealum's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,604
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 473 Post(s)
Re: 2013 America East Recruiting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catcountry21 View Post
2013 PG Kamali Bey of Wilbraham & Monson lists Siena, Bradley, DePaul, Columbia & Vermont

Wow...looks like DePaul is going to stay in the Big East cellar. Nothing against Bey or the other teams recruiting him, but if DePaul is hoping to gain ground in that league in other ways than by top teams leaving the conference, they need to be in on recruits that are higher than this. Again, I have never seen this kid play so I have absolutely no idea how good he is, but given who is recruiting him, he wouldn't appear to be a high major player.
__________________
UMaine - the epitome of mediocrity

April 14, 2014 - today is a new beginning for the University of Maine Men's Basketball program!!
umainealum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:29 PM   #120 (permalink)
-PREMIUM MEMBER-
Photobucket
 
UVM Hoop Cat's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Boston
Posts: 22,085
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1320 Post(s)
Re: 2013 America East Recruiting Thread

Khalil Dukes got offered by Stony Brook and Fairfield today.

Kid dropped a "still not satisfied" on his Twitter lol.
__________________
"Let's win this game for all the small schools that never had a chance to get here"
- Hoosiers,
& UVM mens basketball NCAA's 2005
UVM Hoop Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:11 AM.



User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2002 2013 BasketballBoards.net.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1