America East Gameday 11/13 - Page 10 - Basketball Forum : Professional and College Basketball Forums
BasketballForum.com is the premier basketball Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 07:50 AM   #136 (permalink)
-PREMIUM MEMBER-
Photobucket
 
UVM Hoop Cat's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Boston
Posts: 21,250
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 62501
UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future
Re: America East Gameday 11/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanesRGood View Post
Wasn't Albany's win a very big college basketball upset? Why isn't it being covered at all on Sportscenter.
Yes and no. People that really follow and understand mid-major basketball know it's a big upset and great win, but nationally since Washington isn't ranked it's not going to show up on Sportscenter. I think Delaware beat Virginia yesterday as well, not sure if that made it but I doubt it as well since Virginia is not ranked.

But yes, generally speaking ESPN is targeting their news to the people that want to know what Tim Tebow had for breakfast.
__________________
"Let's win this game for all the small schools that never had a chance to get here"
- Hoosiers,
& UVM mens basketball NCAA's 2005
UVM Hoop Cat is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-14-2012, 09:19 AM   #137 (permalink)
Star
 
ecasadoSBU's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Stony Brook, NY
Posts: 2,888
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 9269
ecasadoSBU is a splendid one to behold ecasadoSBU is a splendid one to behold ecasadoSBU is a splendid one to behold ecasadoSBU is a splendid one to behold ecasadoSBU is a splendid one to behold ecasadoSBU is a splendid one to behold ecasadoSBU is a splendid one to behold ecasadoSBU is a splendid one to behold ecasadoSBU is a splendid one to behold ecasadoSBU is a splendid one to behold ecasadoSBU is a splendid one to behold
Re: America East Gameday 11/13

Edited
__________________
Everything a Stony Brook Fan Needs:

SBU FANS Message Board - http://sbufan.createaforum.com/index.php

I'MASEAWOLF News/Fan board/Blog: http://www.imaseawolf.com/

WUSB.FM - SBU Athletics Radio Streaming & Sports Blog: http://sbradiosports.blogspot.com/

Official Stony Brook Athletics Site: http://www.goseawolves.org/

Last edited by ecasadoSBU; 11-14-2012 at 09:29 AM.
ecasadoSBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:29 AM   #138 (permalink)
Player
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 871
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 2146
bob87 is a name known to all bob87 is a name known to all bob87 is a name known to all bob87 is a name known to all bob87 is a name known to all bob87 is a name known to all bob87 is a name known to all bob87 is a name known to all bob87 is a name known to all bob87 is a name known to all bob87 is a name known to all
Re: America East Gameday 11/13

I am surprised anyone still takes UVM Hoopcat seriously. switch SBU schedule and give it to UVM and we would be hearing all summer long how it was a heck of a schedule in spite of the Mt ida game.
Is playing Mt Ida the ideal situation. To me, No. It is like drinking a coors light. If I have control of the situation, it is not going to happen. I am going to drink a far better beer and if I could I would schedule a better game for the SBU fans.
Most SBU fans have already said they would prefer a better game or a better home game. It is out of their control.
bob87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:40 AM   #139 (permalink)
Player
 
SB patriot's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Stony Brook
Posts: 666
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 39
SB patriot will become famous soon enough SB patriot will become famous soon enough SB patriot will become famous soon enough SB patriot will become famous soon enough SB patriot will become famous soon enough SB patriot will become famous soon enough SB patriot will become famous soon enough SB patriot will become famous soon enough SB patriot will become famous soon enough SB patriot will become famous soon enough SB patriot will become famous soon enough
Re: America East Gameday 11/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob87 View Post
I am surprised anyone still takes UVM Hoopcat seriously. switch SBU schedule and give it to UVM and we would be hearing all summer long how it was a heck of a schedule in spite of the Mt ida game.
Is playing Mt Ida the ideal situation. To me, No. It is like drinking a coors light. If I have control of the situation, it is not going to happen. I am going to drink a far better beer and if I could I would schedule a better game for the SBU fans.
Most SBU fans have already said they would prefer a better game or a better home game. It is out of their control.
Thank you. The ongoing discussion over the years is just plain stupid given that it has had no bearing on how Stony Brook has performed overall. It is focusing on minutae, but that is what floats some folks boat. Give it a bleeping rest, it's tired.

Congrats to Albany on a terrific win on the road! Really impressive when you consider they were on the West Coast and only a couple of days removed from their Ohio St. game. I've always thought Black didn't get his full due, and I'm glad he's able to claim this as his win as a senior. Well done Great Danes!
__________________
"For when the One Great Scorer comes to mark against your name, He writes, not whether you won or lost, but how you played the game" Grantland Rice
SB patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:51 AM   #140 (permalink)
-PREMIUM MEMBER-
Photobucket
 
UVM Hoop Cat's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Boston
Posts: 21,250
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 62501
UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future
Re: America East Gameday 11/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by seawolfemeritus View Post
The mystery is why some other folks seem so obsessed with it. It's one irrelevant game in a long season.
There's no mystery.

Here's the reason why I (or anyone) cares about it: Stony Brook basketball is affiliated with the America East conference. In OOC play, you play for yourselves but you are also representing and affiliated with a conference among other schools. You are playing for conference pride, and you're playing for conference RPI, conference reputation ,etc. It's not optimal to see any schools in the conference play sub-D1 schools in the regular season, especially a marquee program/solid program like Stony Brook that doesn't have to.

Now, if Stony Brook was not part of the AE- the same conference my school, Vermont was in- and was part of the CAA...or an Independent....then I could give a F less if you played the East Setauket CYO Girls team and beat them 90-30. But you're not in another conference.

It's a joke that SBU is playing Mt. Ida, and thus jokes will be made about it- that's all.

As hard as I am trying to not be condescending (and not succeeding)- is it really still a mystery now that I've explained it?
__________________
"Let's win this game for all the small schools that never had a chance to get here"
- Hoosiers,
& UVM mens basketball NCAA's 2005

Last edited by UVM Hoop Cat; 11-14-2012 at 10:58 AM.
UVM Hoop Cat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:56 AM   #141 (permalink)
-PREMIUM MEMBER-
Photobucket
 
UVM Hoop Cat's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Boston
Posts: 21,250
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 62501
UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future
Re: America East Gameday 11/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob87 View Post
I am surprised anyone still takes UVM Hoopcat seriously. switch SBU schedule and give it to UVM and we would be hearing all summer long how it was a heck of a schedule in spite of the Mt ida game.
Is playing Mt Ida the ideal situation. To me, No. It is like drinking a coors light. If I have control of the situation, it is not going to happen. I am going to drink a far better beer and if I could I would schedule a better game for the SBU fans.
Most SBU fans have already said they would prefer a better game or a better home game. It is out of their control.
This post is just silly. I think my points against playing Sub-D1 schools in the regular season are pretty strongly against.

I'd be pretty bull$hit if UVM ever scheduled St. Mike's or Middlebury, Norwich, etc again as a regular season game.

Our program is at a different level where that just doesn't make any sense for us to do.
__________________
"Let's win this game for all the small schools that never had a chance to get here"
- Hoosiers,
& UVM mens basketball NCAA's 2005
UVM Hoop Cat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:21 AM   #142 (permalink)
Star
 
Dane96's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Boston
Posts: 3,587
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 23594
Dane96 has much to be proud of Dane96 has much to be proud of Dane96 has much to be proud of Dane96 has much to be proud of Dane96 has much to be proud of Dane96 has much to be proud of Dane96 has much to be proud of Dane96 has much to be proud of Dane96 has much to be proud of Dane96 has much to be proud of Dane96 has much to be proud of
Re: America East Gameday 11/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycwolf View Post
Albany with a great win for the program and conference. After being down the past couple years they need to step it up. Everyone has been telling us how bad the conference was this year and how albany would be down too. It looks like those people were wrong including me.

As for the Mt. Ida issue who cares. so say we are 2-0 i dont care i will chose to worry about our program. you can say the rider game was ugly but the game was at 6 am on the road in hostile environment. you can say the marist game was bad but once again a 9pm game on the road in a very loud gym against a team of juniors and seniors who really ended the season on a high note last year.

If you want to talk about other programs talk about how suero could barely speak english last year and some how got into albany. then albany tried to fool everyone when they said he left to go pro last year instead of poor academics. come on people. worry about your own programs. The boards at this point in the season should be nothing but encouragment for all AE teams.
What a stupid ass comment. A lot of kids get into SUNY that are not fluent...all SUNY's.

And if you followed Suero's career you buffoon....from high school on up...he has been shadowed by "people in his ear" that have given him some HORRIBLE advice.

He didn't fail out...and that's just a stupid fricken comment. You do realize UA hoops won the academic title...that means ALL grades were submitted to the league to get to that number.

Jeesh.
Dane96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:35 AM   #143 (permalink)
Benchwarmer
 
seawolfemeritus's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 176
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 1458
seawolfemeritus is a name known to all seawolfemeritus is a name known to all seawolfemeritus is a name known to all seawolfemeritus is a name known to all seawolfemeritus is a name known to all seawolfemeritus is a name known to all seawolfemeritus is a name known to all seawolfemeritus is a name known to all seawolfemeritus is a name known to all seawolfemeritus is a name known to all seawolfemeritus is a name known to all
Re: America East Gameday 11/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by UVM Hoop Cat View Post
There's no mystery.

Here's the reason why I (or anyone) cares about it: Stony Brook basketball is affiliated with the America East conference. In OOC play, you play for yourselves but you are also representing and affiliated with a conference among other schools. You are playing for conference pride, and you're playing for conference RPI, conference reputation ,etc. It's not optimal to see any schools in the conference play sub-D1 schools in the regular season, especially a marquee program/solid program like Stony Brook that doesn't have to.

Now, if Stony Brook was not part of the AE- the same conference my school, Vermont was in- and was part of the CAA...or an Independent....then I could give a F less if you played the East Setauket CYO Girls team and beat them 90-30. But you're not in another conference.

It's a joke that SBU is playing Mt. Ida, and thus jokes will be made about it- that's all.

As hard as I am trying to not be condescending (and not succeeding)- is it really still a mystery now that I've explained it?


Perfectly clear now that I know to interpret snide remarks as jokes. Had I been aware you're such a jokester I would have tempered my comments appropriately.
seawolfemeritus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:30 PM   #144 (permalink)
All-Star
 
bosiydid's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 7,491
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 16486
bosiydid has much to be proud of bosiydid has much to be proud of bosiydid has much to be proud of bosiydid has much to be proud of bosiydid has much to be proud of bosiydid has much to be proud of bosiydid has much to be proud of bosiydid has much to be proud of bosiydid has much to be proud of bosiydid has much to be proud of bosiydid has much to be proud of
Re: America East Gameday 11/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycwolf View Post

If you want to talk about other programs talk about how suero could barely speak english last year and some how got into albany. then albany tried to fool everyone when they said he left to go pro last year instead of poor academics. come on people. worry about your own programs. The boards at this point in the season should be nothing but encouragment for all AE teams.
What a flat out f'ng lie...shame on you! UA's academic performance is at or near the top year in and year out...and not just BS degrees. He was qualified and while he certainly wasn't going to win any academic awards his English was significantly better then "barely could speak English". He gave interviews to the local paper etc.

Sam can verify that he did not fail out...
__________________
Albany basketball season ticket holder since..........June'06
bosiydid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:32 PM   #145 (permalink)
All-Star
 
bosiydid's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 7,491
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 16486
bosiydid has much to be proud of bosiydid has much to be proud of bosiydid has much to be proud of bosiydid has much to be proud of bosiydid has much to be proud of bosiydid has much to be proud of bosiydid has much to be proud of bosiydid has much to be proud of bosiydid has much to be proud of bosiydid has much to be proud of bosiydid has much to be proud of
Re: America East Gameday 11/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by UVM Hoop Cat View Post
Yes and no. People that really follow and understand mid-major basketball know it's a big upset and great win, but nationally since Washington isn't ranked it's not going to show up on Sportscenter. I think Delaware beat Virginia yesterday as well, not sure if that made it but I doubt it as well since Virginia is not ranked.

But yes, generally speaking ESPN is targeting their news to the people that want to know what Tim Tebow had for breakfast.
In the grand scheme of things...it's probably not that big a deal. Mids beat BCS schools all the time...for us is earth shattering but I 'aint mad that ESPN didn't pick it up. I know I'm enjoy the snot out of it...with or without ESPN.
__________________
Albany basketball season ticket holder since..........June'06
bosiydid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:38 PM   #146 (permalink)
-PREMIUM MEMBER-
Photobucket
 
UVM Hoop Cat's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Boston
Posts: 21,250
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 62501
UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future
Re: America East Gameday 11/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosiydid View Post
In the grand scheme of things...it's probably not that big a deal. Mids beat BCS schools all the time...for us is earth shattering but I 'aint mad that ESPN didn't pick it up. I know I'm enjoy the snot out of it...with or without ESPN.
That's all that matters. I wouldn't even say it happens for mids all the time- it does happen, but this is an impressive W.

Most people that follow ALL college basketball and not just the Kentucky's and Duke's know how awesome it is.
__________________
"Let's win this game for all the small schools that never had a chance to get here"
- Hoosiers,
& UVM mens basketball NCAA's 2005
UVM Hoop Cat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:47 PM   #147 (permalink)
Star
 
usslider's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 2,799
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 8163
usslider is a splendid one to behold usslider is a splendid one to behold usslider is a splendid one to behold usslider is a splendid one to behold usslider is a splendid one to behold usslider is a splendid one to behold usslider is a splendid one to behold usslider is a splendid one to behold usslider is a splendid one to behold usslider is a splendid one to behold usslider is a splendid one to behold
Re: America East Gameday 11/13

I didn't know about this until I saw a headline on CBS Sports website. Congrats Albany!!
__________________
~v^v~GO TERRIERS~v^v~

My point guard is faster than your point guard.
usslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:01 PM   #148 (permalink)
Veteran
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,747
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 3073
nycwolf is a name known to all nycwolf is a name known to all nycwolf is a name known to all nycwolf is a name known to all nycwolf is a name known to all nycwolf is a name known to all nycwolf is a name known to all nycwolf is a name known to all nycwolf is a name known to all nycwolf is a name known to all nycwolf is a name known to all
Re: America East Gameday 11/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosiydid View Post
What a flat out f'ng lie...shame on you! UA's academic performance is at or near the top year in and year out...and not just BS degrees. He was qualified and while he certainly wasn't going to win any academic awards his English was significantly better then "barely could speak English". He gave interviews to the local paper etc.

Sam can verify that he did not fail out...
Bosi and Dane. I was trying to prove a point. I figured it was that day on the boards where we bring up stupid and meaningless topics. such as the SBU Mount Ida game. Today should be albany's day and some people are jumping on Mount Ida game that was 3 days ago. SBU guys all admit we would rather see better teams at Pritchard and that the Mount Ida game proves nothing.
nycwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:29 PM   #149 (permalink)
All-Star
 
bosiydid's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 7,491
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 16486
bosiydid has much to be proud of bosiydid has much to be proud of bosiydid has much to be proud of bosiydid has much to be proud of bosiydid has much to be proud of bosiydid has much to be proud of bosiydid has much to be proud of bosiydid has much to be proud of bosiydid has much to be proud of bosiydid has much to be proud of bosiydid has much to be proud of
Re: America East Gameday 11/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycwolf View Post
Bosi and Dane. I was trying to prove a point. I figured it was that day on the boards where we bring up stupid and meaningless topics. such as the SBU Mount Ida game. Today should be albany's day and some people are jumping on Mount Ida game that was 3 days ago. SBU guys all admit we would rather see better teams at Pritchard and that the Mount Ida game proves nothing.
Agreed...somehow this morphed into a referendum on SBU vs Mt. Ida and in the process minimized our great win. Personally for me while it's not an ideal game...whatever, it's done. I don't see any SBU fans really championing it.

Good luck in your up games...bring another BCS scalp home.
__________________
Albany basketball season ticket holder since..........June'06
bosiydid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:56 PM   #150 (permalink)
Player
 
SB patriot's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Stony Brook
Posts: 666
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 39
SB patriot will become famous soon enough SB patriot will become famous soon enough SB patriot will become famous soon enough SB patriot will become famous soon enough SB patriot will become famous soon enough SB patriot will become famous soon enough SB patriot will become famous soon enough SB patriot will become famous soon enough SB patriot will become famous soon enough SB patriot will become famous soon enough SB patriot will become famous soon enough
Re: America East Gameday 11/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosiydid View Post
Agreed...somehow this morphed into a referendum on SBU vs Mt. Ida and in the process minimized our great win. Personally for me while it's not an ideal game...whatever, it's done.
And that's the shame of it. It should be a thread devoted to a terrific accomplishment by Albany, but there is always someone who needs to display how smart they are and dampen the enthusiasm. Smh. Congrats again.
__________________
"For when the One Great Scorer comes to mark against your name, He writes, not whether you won or lost, but how you played the game" Grantland Rice
SB patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:13 AM.



User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8pl1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2002 2013 BasketballBoards.net.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1