America East Gameday 11/13 - Page 9 - Basketball Forum : Professional and College Basketball Forums
BasketballForum.com is the premier basketball Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 07:44 AM   #121 (permalink)
-PREMIUM MEMBER-
Photobucket
 
UVM Hoop Cat's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Boston
Posts: 23,113
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1640 Post(s)
Re: America East Gameday 11/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosiydid View Post
True...but looking at them they were still MUCH BIGGER AND MUCH MORE ATHLETIC then ANY AE team. We had no business winning that game on talent alone.
No kidding- I'm not qualifying anything. This is huge win. 9/10 Albany or anyone from AE doesn't win that game.

Only saying Washington is nothing like it was last season, which is....true.
__________________
"Let's win this game for all the small schools that never had a chance to get here"
- Hoosiers,
& UVM mens basketball NCAA's 2005
UVM Hoop Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-14-2012, 07:50 AM   #122 (permalink)
-PREMIUM MEMBER-
Photobucket
 
UVM Hoop Cat's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Boston
Posts: 23,113
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1640 Post(s)
Re: America East Gameday 11/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwyn View Post
You also had 4 D1 home OOC games.
4? We played 3- Q-Pac, Delaware, and Fairfield...not until December and then again in February.
__________________
"Let's win this game for all the small schools that never had a chance to get here"
- Hoosiers,
& UVM mens basketball NCAA's 2005
UVM Hoop Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:04 AM   #123 (permalink)
Player
 
Redwyn's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 771
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Re: America East Gameday 11/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by UVM Hoop Cat View Post
NJIT is/was D1, that's all that matters. They lost by 1 to Providence the other day. You'd be much better off playing NJIT at their place than Mt. Ida at home- not sure why I'm needing to explain that.


First 10 games to open the season...all on the road...you saw that, no?
So as long as Mt. Ida goes D1 and takes a team to the brink 3 years from now it's ok? Do you remember NJIT? I knew the AD that did the D1 transition, even he admitted how terrible that program was. NJIT was such a harrowingly bad team back then that I think I could count on 1 hand the number of wins it had in the past 3 years over a team with an RPI better than 300.

And still - the central argument is not about how bad NJIT is, but about how much you seem to want to rub in what seems to be nothing more than an unfortunate scheduling arrangement.

But - by your argument - if Mt. Ida gets close to upsetting a mediocre D1 program 3 years from now...the win is better?

:: but maybe it's that I've been on shift for 16 hours at this point.
Redwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:11 AM   #124 (permalink)
Star
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,046
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 387 Post(s)
Re: America East Gameday 11/13

Stony Brook shows guts, tenacity, but thus far no discernible offensive difference from previous incarnates, in 6 a.m. win. http://www.onebidwonders.com/2012/11...-ugly-fashion/
farfromtheshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:12 AM   #125 (permalink)
Star
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,046
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 387 Post(s)
Re: America East Gameday 11/13

Mike Black no longer taking second billing as Albany shocks Washington. http://www.onebidwonders.com/2012/11...th-di-victory/
farfromtheshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:15 AM   #126 (permalink)
-PREMIUM MEMBER-
Photobucket
 
UVM Hoop Cat's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Boston
Posts: 23,113
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1640 Post(s)
Re: America East Gameday 11/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwyn View Post
So as long as Mt. Ida goes D1 and takes a team to the brink 3 years from now it's ok? Do you remember NJIT? I knew the AD that did the D1 transition, even he admitted how terrible that program was. NJIT was such a harrowingly bad team back then that I think I could count on 1 hand the number of wins it had in the past 3 years over a team with an RPI better than 300.

And still - the central argument is not about how bad NJIT is, but about how much you seem to want to rub in what seems to be nothing more than an unfortunate scheduling arrangement.

But - by your argument - if Mt. Ida gets close to upsetting a mediocre D1 program 3 years from now...the win is better?

:: but maybe it's that I've been on shift for 16 hours at this point.
I think it's the latter. Look, here it is:

A D1 win/loss home/away against any D1 team >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>playing a D3.

It counts for nothing. Further, I don't even see how NJIT got entered into this because they have always been a D1 team when we played them. We played them away, we played them at home. D1 is D1 is D1 is D1. An inept D1 at the time, but D1 all the same.

You're over-thinking it to defend the game. Don't defend it. It's just...it's been said by others, not just me- don't play the game. Is it a big deal? No- but it looks small-time and the outcome has a 0 value.

I get why Maine does it- I don't like it either- but I get it- but given SBU's quality of play the last few seasons, it's totally unnecessary for the Brook to play Mt. Ida, Pritchard situation or not. That's a compliment.

The end.
__________________
"Let's win this game for all the small schools that never had a chance to get here"
- Hoosiers,
& UVM mens basketball NCAA's 2005
UVM Hoop Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:16 AM   #127 (permalink)
Player
 
Redwyn's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 771
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Re: America East Gameday 11/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by UVM Hoop Cat View Post
4? We played 3- Q-Pac, Delaware, and Fairfield...not until December and then again in February.
Nov 29th - Toledo
Dec 13th - Q-Pac
Dec 20th - Delaware
Feb 20th - Fairfield (bracketbusters)

This guy called - he wants to help:
Redwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:21 AM   #128 (permalink)
-PREMIUM MEMBER-
Photobucket
 
UVM Hoop Cat's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Boston
Posts: 23,113
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1640 Post(s)
Re: America East Gameday 11/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwyn View Post
Nov 29th - Toledo
Dec 13th - Q-Pac
Dec 20th - Delaware
Feb 20th - Fairfield (bracketbusters)

This guy called - he wants to help:
Sorry, we played Toledo at Drexel's campus as part of an exempt tourney....it counted as a "home" game, but the game itself was played in Philadelphia.

http://statsheet.com/mcb/games/2009/...-49-vermont-82

Nice try though
__________________
"Let's win this game for all the small schools that never had a chance to get here"
- Hoosiers,
& UVM mens basketball NCAA's 2005
UVM Hoop Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:22 AM   #129 (permalink)
Player
 
Redwyn's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 771
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Re: America East Gameday 11/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by UVM Hoop Cat View Post
I think it's the latter. Look, here it is:

A D1 win/loss home/away against any D1 team >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>playing a D3.

It counts for nothing. Further, I don't even see how NJIT got entered into this because they have always been a D1 team when we played them. We played them away, we played them at home. D1 is D1 is D1 is D1. An inept D1 at the time, but D1 all the same.

You're over-thinking it to defend the game. Don't defend it. It's just...it's been said by others, not just me- don't play the game. Is it a big deal? No- but it looks small-time and the outcome has a 0 value.

I get why Maine does it- I don't like it either- but I get it- but given SBU's quality of play the last few seasons, it's totally unnecessary. That's a compliment.
You got me by something like 20 days. They got full D1 membership 9/1/2009. Real reach there.

You play the game for the money and the fan base. The same reason football teams from lower divisions play games they can't possibly win. What you care about it is inconsequential, and I have no problem defending my administration's pre-rogative in choosing to play one.
Redwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:25 AM   #130 (permalink)
Player
 
Redwyn's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 771
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Re: America East Gameday 11/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by UVM Hoop Cat View Post
Sorry, we played Toledo at Drexel's campus as part of an exempt tourney....it counted as a "home" game, but the game itself was played in Philadelphia.

Nice try though
How does a team's payout change if they play as "home" at a neutral? (honest question)
Redwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:41 AM   #131 (permalink)
6th Man
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 481
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Re: America East Gameday 11/13

Wasn't Albany's win a very big college basketball upset? Why isn't it being covered at all on Sportscenter. I don't think they need to make a big deal about it but how about 30 seconds of highlights? Instead they are spending 45 minutes talking about Big Ben's shoulder and Tebow being called terrible by one of his teammates. No wonder why I never watch this show anymore.
DanesRGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:43 AM   #132 (permalink)
Veteran
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,991
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 533 Post(s)
Re: America East Gameday 11/13

Albany with a great win for the program and conference. After being down the past couple years they need to step it up. Everyone has been telling us how bad the conference was this year and how albany would be down too. It looks like those people were wrong including me.

As for the Mt. Ida issue who cares. so say we are 2-0 i dont care i will chose to worry about our program. you can say the rider game was ugly but the game was at 6 am on the road in hostile environment. you can say the marist game was bad but once again a 9pm game on the road in a very loud gym against a team of juniors and seniors who really ended the season on a high note last year.

If you want to talk about other programs talk about how suero could barely speak english last year and some how got into albany. then albany tried to fool everyone when they said he left to go pro last year instead of poor academics. come on people. worry about your own programs. The boards at this point in the season should be nothing but encouragment for all AE teams.
nycwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:43 AM   #133 (permalink)
Player
 
Redwyn's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 771
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Re: America East Gameday 11/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanesRGood View Post
Wasn't Albany's win a very big college basketball upset? Why isn't it being covered at all on Sportscenter. I don't think they need to make a big deal about it but how about 30 seconds of highlights? Instead they are spending 45 minutes talking about Big Ben's shoulder and Tebow being called terrible by one of his teammates. No wonder why I never watch this show anymore.
Don't mean to rub salt into the wound - personally I thought the upset should have been covered - but Tommy Brenton made the SportsCenter intro screen for some acrobatic shot he made yesterday. The shot appears at the opening and right before the top 10. Didn't make it though.
Redwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:45 AM   #134 (permalink)
-PREMIUM MEMBER-
Photobucket
 
UVM Hoop Cat's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Boston
Posts: 23,113
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1640 Post(s)
Re: America East Gameday 11/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwyn View Post
How does a team's payout change if they play as "home" at a neutral? (honest question)
Not sure logistics/finances. This was one of the OOC tournaments put on by Gazelle Group. Drexel was a regional host of a "pod" and we played @ Rutgers, then Drexel, Cornell, and Toledo all at Drexel. Rutgers, UMass, Florida, and someone else (maybe Michigan State?) went on to play in Atlantic City.

Had to be a % for the overall event going to each school that participated- Toledo/UVM at Drexel isn't bringing in much at the gate. No idea the breakdown.
__________________
"Let's win this game for all the small schools that never had a chance to get here"
- Hoosiers,
& UVM mens basketball NCAA's 2005
UVM Hoop Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:46 AM   #135 (permalink)
6th Man
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 481
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Re: America East Gameday 11/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwyn View Post
Don't mean to rub salt into the wound - personally I thought the upset should have been covered - but Tommy Brenton made the SportsCenter intro screen for some acrobatic shot he made yesterday. The shot appears at the opening and right before the top 10. Didn't make it though.
How the game winner didn't even make the honorable mention is ridiculous. No respect for UA in Bristol.
DanesRGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:28 PM.



User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2002 2013 BasketballBoards.net.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1