Yale @ UVM 11/21 - Page 4 - Basketball Forum : Professional and College Basketball Forums
BasketballForum.com is the premier basketball Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2012, 06:44 PM   #46 (permalink)
Veteran
 

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Burlington, VT
Posts: 1,172
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Re: Yale @ UVM 11/21

Wicked good defense by UVM tonight. And the rebounding and foul shooting were good also.

They were snake-bit on offense, but part of that was the grabbing and holding-on by Yale. Overall, this might have been the worst ref'd game I've ever seen at Patrick Gym. It was grossly inconsistent, and Yale played like they might as well foul if the calls were random. Fortunately, nobody got hurt.
NotDeadYet is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-21-2012, 06:58 PM   #47 (permalink)
-PREMIUM MEMBER-
Photobucket
 
UVM Hoop Cat's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Boston
Posts: 22,085
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1320 Post(s)
Re: Yale @ UVM 11/21

Quote:
Originally Posted by goBing View Post
Do you think Bing could be better then Maine this year. Or is that just wishful thinking on my part.
I haven't seen Bing play yet this year, other than those Jordan Reed highlights. He's really good.

I go against the grain then most people on Maine. I tend to think that Edwards is one of the more overrated players in the conference...Fraser a bit as well. They're both good and both talented, Maine's two best players probably, but neither as good as some people have tried to make them sound. At this point I can't picture either becoming a catalyst and really leading Maine, but maybe they can figure it out(?)

They also don't have any help in the coaching department. I like Mike Allison though.

So...short answer...maybe?
__________________
"Let's win this game for all the small schools that never had a chance to get here"
- Hoosiers,
& UVM mens basketball NCAA's 2005
UVM Hoop Cat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:27 PM   #48 (permalink)
Benchwarmer
 

Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 206
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Re: Yale @ UVM 11/21

No question O'day should start over Crenca, not even close... But I like Crenca off the bench!
Jim Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:17 PM   #49 (permalink)
Player
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 772
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Re: Yale @ UVM 11/21

Crazy question/thought, but would AE ever consider adding NJIT? Despite my roots, I know next to nothing about the school, from an academic standpoint. From sheer geography, any NJ/Southern NY State school fits well to tie things in, right?
__________________
THE GREATER INTERNET D**KWAD THEORY:
Normal Person + Anonymity + Audience = TOTAL D**KWAD
RadioRobUVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:51 PM   #50 (permalink)
Veteran
 
goBing's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,113
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Re: Yale @ UVM 11/21

N.J.I.T is in a weird conference. I was just looking them up, they are in the Great West. Only 5 schools in that conference. And only one is from the west lol? This conference doesn't even make any since to me?

N.J.I.T has 4 sub d1 schools they play this year, what kind of school is this.
goBing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:40 AM   #51 (permalink)
Star
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,897
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Re: Yale @ UVM 11/21

I dont see Crenca getting in shape or staying healthy enough to do much this year. His passion is wrestling not basketball. I was really disappointed in how slow he looked. I guess no exercise bikes with a bad back. I still think though he can be a great big man to have coming off the bench. Every team in the AE would like to have him as a 4th big man. He can score some buckets and rebound down low. Its too bad his potential was never reached.
uvm4life20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:26 AM   #52 (permalink)
6th Man
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: the rock vt
Posts: 307
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Re: Yale @ UVM 11/21

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvm4life20 View Post
I dont see Crenca getting in shape or staying healthy enough to do much this year. His passion is wrestling not basketball. I was really disappointed in how slow he looked. I guess no exercise bikes with a bad back. I still think though he can be a great big man to have coming off the bench. Every team in the AE would like to have him as a 4th big man. He can score some buckets and rebound down low. Its too bad his potential was never reached.
I agree that Ben's injuries have been Disappointing, but to site his love of wrestling as a reason?... Seems a bit silly... Also we're 4 games into the season, step away from the ledge a bit, there's plenty of time left... And 4th man? If I remember correctly Ben could of played in the A-10 and would start, even now on most AE teams.... BU would probably swap us a guard straight up... One of Yales bigs pushed Luke around, and scored pretty easily on two consecutive plays.. Ben was immediately subbed back in and this wasn't an issue any more.. He's 6-10 and 260, he doesn't need to be faster than Sandro, his size gives us options we wouldn't otherwise have...
littlemanwithpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:06 AM   #53 (permalink)
Star
 

Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 3,483
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 234 Post(s)
Re: Yale @ UVM 11/21

Quote:
....He's 6-10 and 260, he doesn't need to be faster than Sandro, his size gives us options we wouldn't otherwise have... - LMWP
Very good incite!
Patch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:20 AM   #54 (permalink)
Veteran
 
Alumni96's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,939
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Re: Yale @ UVM 11/21

He'll see playing time against guys like Pelcher, Puk, and Fraser. The rest of our forwards lack bulk and strength that Ben brings to the table.
Alumni96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:34 AM   #55 (permalink)
Star
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,897
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Re: Yale @ UVM 11/21

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanwithpants View Post
I agree that Ben's injuries have been Disappointing, but to site his love of wrestling as a reason?... Seems a bit silly... Also we're 4 games into the season, step away from the ledge a bit, there's plenty of time left... And 4th man? If I remember correctly Ben could of played in the A-10 and would start, even now on most AE teams.... BU would probably swap us a guard straight up... One of Yales bigs pushed Luke around, and scored pretty easily on two consecutive plays.. Ben was immediately subbed back in and this wasn't an issue any more.. He's 6-10 and 260, he doesn't need to be faster than Sandro, his size gives us options we wouldn't otherwise have...
I dont think its silly at all. If basketball was his passion I think he would of looked quicker in the last game. It didnt seem like he spent a lot of time working on his game in the offseason. IF basketball was his passion he would of. I do think he will be the fourth big man. Rugg, O'day, and Apfeld will all average more minutes per game than Ben. Just because you are the 4th big man doesnt mean you are a bad player. UVM has 3 really good big men in front of him. I do agree he has a needed bulk that our other big man lack. He is our only legit center right now. I'm just not too optimistic with what I saw last game. I was expecting more out of somebody who could of played in the A10. Injuries have derailed his career.

Ben will give us quality minutes off the bench and needed bulk against bigger opponents. I don't see him playing more than 15 minutes a game though.

I also dont want him to be faster than sandro. I want him to be faster than coach Becker.
uvm4life20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:45 AM   #56 (permalink)
Veteran
 
Alumni96's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,939
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Re: Yale @ UVM 11/21

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvm4life20 View Post
I dont think its silly at all. If basketball was his passion I think he would of looked quicker in the last game. It didnt seem like he spent a lot of time working on his game in the offseason. IF basketball was his passion he would of. I do think he will be the fourth big man. Rugg, O'day, and Apfeld will all average more minutes per game than Ben. Just because you are the 4th big man doesnt mean you are a bad player. UVM has 3 really good big men in front of him. I do agree he has a needed bulk that our other big man lack. He is our only legit center right now. I'm just not too optimistic with what I saw last game. I was expecting more out of somebody who could of played in the A10. Injuries have derailed his career.

Ben will give us quality minutes off the bench and needed bulk against bigger opponents. I don't see him playing more than 15 minutes a game though.

I also dont want him to be faster than sandro. I want him to be faster than coach Becker.
I'm guessing you've never had a back injury before. It affects everything that you do. And let's be honest. Ben wasn't fleet afoot before the knee surgeries and this latest back injury. This is one game in. Exercise bikes do not get someone into game shape. I expect his minutes and effectiveness to slowly increase as the season progresses.
Alumni96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:24 AM   #57 (permalink)
Veteran
 

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Burlington, VT
Posts: 1,172
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Re: Yale @ UVM 11/21

I heard that Crenca has a disk problem in his back. That usually means lots of pain when you run or land from jumping. If he wasn't committed to playing basketball he wouldn't be going through that.

Crenca's shot is still good. Nice touch.
NotDeadYet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:43 AM   #58 (permalink)
Star
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,532
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Re: Yale @ UVM 11/21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioRobUVM View Post
Crazy question/thought, but would AE ever consider adding NJIT? Despite my roots, I know next to nothing about the school, from an academic standpoint. From sheer geography, any NJ/Southern NY State school fits well to tie things in, right?
Watching their game against UNH last night the color guy was talking about the America East maybe being a future home for their program. It would make sense in terms of geography much more so then the Great West. Add a NJIT and another school going forward? Talk seems to have died down on the Aeast adding anyone.
UNHFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:47 AM   #59 (permalink)
Star
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,897
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Re: Yale @ UVM 11/21

Yea it could be his back problem is a lot worse than expected. I'm not saying he isnt committed but I don't think he worked as hard as he could of in the offseason. If he has a disc problem I don't see him getting that much healthier as the season goes on. I dont see how a disc problem makes you slower side to side movement but this young man could be in a lot of pain with a back problem.
uvm4life20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:49 AM   #60 (permalink)
Star
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,897
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Re: Yale @ UVM 11/21

The AE reacts to other moves. They are still waiting to see how the dominos fall.
uvm4life20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:25 AM.



User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2002 2013 BasketballBoards.net.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1