AE Gameday 1/9 - Page 3 - Basketball Forum : Professional and College Basketball Forums
BasketballForum.com is the premier basketball Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 08:51 PM   #31 (permalink)
Bill Herrion anti-apologist
 
WrenFGun's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 1,824
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Rep Power: 5073
WrenFGun is a splendid one to behold WrenFGun is a splendid one to behold WrenFGun is a splendid one to behold WrenFGun is a splendid one to behold WrenFGun is a splendid one to behold WrenFGun is a splendid one to behold WrenFGun is a splendid one to behold WrenFGun is a splendid one to behold WrenFGun is a splendid one to behold WrenFGun is a splendid one to behold WrenFGun is a splendid one to behold
Re: AE Gameday 1/9

At this point, if Herrion isn't fired the AD isn't doing his job.
__________________
It's utterly incomprehensible that you can make "hero" out of "Herrion."
WrenFGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-10-2013, 02:56 AM   #32 (permalink)
Star
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,514
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Rep Power: 20481
UNHFan has much to be proud of UNHFan has much to be proud of UNHFan has much to be proud of UNHFan has much to be proud of UNHFan has much to be proud of UNHFan has much to be proud of UNHFan has much to be proud of UNHFan has much to be proud of UNHFan has much to be proud of UNHFan has much to be proud of UNHFan has much to be proud of
Re: AE Gameday 1/9

Six in a row for the Wildcats and our next three Albany, Boston U and Hartford this is going to get uglier sadly!
UNHFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:52 AM   #33 (permalink)
-PREMIUM MEMBER-
Photobucket
 
UVM Hoop Cat's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Boston
Posts: 21,931
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1255 Post(s)
Rep Power: 62879
UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future
Re: AE Gameday 1/9

Curious to see how Jordan Reed does in conference play, he is going to have a tough go of it. In OOC teams didn't need to key on him because they either didn't know about him or were still going to cruise to a win regardless of how he was defended most likely, but now that it's conference play and teams really need to beat Bing, I think he's going to face quite a bit of defensive pressure.

No fault of his own as a player, more of the situation with the team he's on this season.
__________________
"Let's win this game for all the small schools that never had a chance to get here"
- Hoosiers,
& UVM mens basketball NCAA's 2005
UVM Hoop Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:50 AM   #34 (permalink)
Rookie
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Rep Power: 344
crash_182 is just really nice crash_182 is just really nice crash_182 is just really nice crash_182 is just really nice crash_182 is just really nice crash_182 is just really nice crash_182 is just really nice crash_182 is just really nice crash_182 is just really nice crash_182 is just really nice crash_182 is just really nice
Re: AE Gameday 1/9

Quote:
Originally Posted by UVM Hoop Cat View Post
Curious to see how Jordan Reed does in conference play, he is going to have a tough go of it. In OOC teams didn't need to key on him because they either didn't know about him or were still going to cruise to a win regardless of how he was defended most likely, but now that it's conference play and teams really need to beat Bing, I think he's going to face quite a bit of defensive pressure.

No fault of his own as a player, more of the situation with the team he's on this season.
He def will not put up the same numbers that he did OOC. It's a tale of one really good player and a handful of capable players in year 1 of a rebuild with a new coach. Don't get me wrong, there's some talent on the team, but obviously no consistancy. Will Jimmy Grey put up 20 points or 2? Taylor Johnston can't miss against Albany and then goes 0-8 with one point.

As a freshman, Jordan Reed still has the mentality that he can take on the defense by himself. Until he can drive and dish it out to an open man (while not picking up a charge), and the open man can actually hit an open shot, teams will continue to guard him Mike Horn style.

Counting down the days until next year. Reed a year older, Mansell back from his knee (and taking some of the offensive pressure off of Reed), a couple decent recruits coming in, hopefully we will be back to a .500 squad and not get bitch-slapped on our home court like we did last night.
crash_182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:14 AM   #35 (permalink)
-PREMIUM MEMBER-
Photobucket
 
UVM Hoop Cat's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Boston
Posts: 21,931
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1255 Post(s)
Rep Power: 62879
UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future
Re: AE Gameday 1/9

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash_182 View Post
He def will not put up the same numbers that he did OOC. It's a tale of one really good player and a handful of capable players in year 1 of a rebuild with a new coach. Don't get me wrong, there's some talent on the team, but obviously no consistancy. Will Jimmy Grey put up 20 points or 2? Taylor Johnston can't miss against Albany and then goes 0-8 with one point.

As a freshman, Jordan Reed still has the mentality that he can take on the defense by himself. Until he can drive and dish it out to an open man (while not picking up a charge), and the open man can actually hit an open shot, teams will continue to guard him Mike Horn style.

Counting down the days until next year. Reed a year older, Mansell back from his knee (and taking some of the offensive pressure off of Reed), a couple decent recruits coming in, hopefully we will be back to a .500 squad and not get bitch-slapped on our home court like we did last night.
Yeah, and like I said in my post it's not a reflection on Reed, I just think he's going to be the focus of every AE defense because all the coaches know who he is and have to defend him/stop him.

It's too bad Dickinson left (although he had a poor attitude- maybe it would have improved with more talent and a new coach around him) and Mansell tore his ACL because if they had those two players this year to play next to Reed then Binghamton would be in every single game this season and probably have a good record. Mansell was as good as pretty much any scorer in the conference IMO and underrated. People can say what they want about Dickinson, but he was a VERY good offensive big man in this conference that was only going to get better.

Losing Dickinson, Mansell, and Longoria hurt. Bing definitely had more aggregate talent last season that this season- but the upside is you have a real coach in Dempsey and Jordan Reed- so when Mansell comes back next season to go along with Reed plus the new recruits, Bing should be in a good spot.
__________________
"Let's win this game for all the small schools that never had a chance to get here"
- Hoosiers,
& UVM mens basketball NCAA's 2005
UVM Hoop Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:31 AM   #36 (permalink)
-PREMIUM MEMBER-
Photobucket
 
UVM Hoop Cat's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Boston
Posts: 21,931
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1255 Post(s)
Rep Power: 62879
UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future
Re: AE Gameday 1/9

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrenFGun View Post
At this point, if Herrion isn't fired the AD isn't doing his job.
I think a good start would be if UNH's AD even knew when the basketball team was playing
__________________
"Let's win this game for all the small schools that never had a chance to get here"
- Hoosiers,
& UVM mens basketball NCAA's 2005
UVM Hoop Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:47 AM   #37 (permalink)
Veteran
 
SaltySeawolf's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,199
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Rep Power: 12242
SaltySeawolf has much to be proud of SaltySeawolf has much to be proud of SaltySeawolf has much to be proud of SaltySeawolf has much to be proud of SaltySeawolf has much to be proud of SaltySeawolf has much to be proud of SaltySeawolf has much to be proud of SaltySeawolf has much to be proud of SaltySeawolf has much to be proud of SaltySeawolf has much to be proud of SaltySeawolf has much to be proud of
Re: AE Gameday 1/9

Last night was my first trip to the Event Center in Bing. I was really really impressed. I would attend an AE Tournament there in a second. Great parking, lots of eateries very close, the venue itself is top notch. The hospitality is also tremendous. I walked into the place sporting my SB shirt and the girl handing out free winter Bearcat Basketball hats didn't blink for a second as she offered my one. That's right. I am the brand new ownder of a Bing Bearcat winter beanie.

As far as the game goes. No one will remember it, but the game was close for the first 15 mins. Binghamton cqme out in a 2-3 zone that totally confounded SB. Bing played with a lot of effort and while SB defended very well, Johnston and Gray certainly shot much worse then they did against Albany two nights before. Bing bigs in foul trouble all night too. I felt SB's biggest advantage would come inside. The Bing defense did a real good job of keeping the ball out of the paint, and Bings bigs did a pretty good job scoring the ball when they got it.
SaltySeawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:47 AM   #38 (permalink)
Rookie
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Rep Power: 344
crash_182 is just really nice crash_182 is just really nice crash_182 is just really nice crash_182 is just really nice crash_182 is just really nice crash_182 is just really nice crash_182 is just really nice crash_182 is just really nice crash_182 is just really nice crash_182 is just really nice crash_182 is just really nice
Re: AE Gameday 1/9

Salty, were you the guy in the red SB shirt or white SB shirt sitting together about two rows behind the SB bench?
crash_182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:08 AM   #39 (permalink)
Veteran
 
SaltySeawolf's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,199
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Rep Power: 12242
SaltySeawolf has much to be proud of SaltySeawolf has much to be proud of SaltySeawolf has much to be proud of SaltySeawolf has much to be proud of SaltySeawolf has much to be proud of SaltySeawolf has much to be proud of SaltySeawolf has much to be proud of SaltySeawolf has much to be proud of SaltySeawolf has much to be proud of SaltySeawolf has much to be proud of SaltySeawolf has much to be proud of
Re: AE Gameday 1/9

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash_182 View Post
Salty, were you the guy in the red SB shirt or white SB shirt sitting together about two rows behind the SB bench?
I would not be so dumb as to make myself so conspicuous. Those guys were a couple of morons. I saw them and they disgusted me! I wanted to punch them right in the face! I will say more on this subject.
SaltySeawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:45 PM   #40 (permalink)
Veteran
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,364
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Rep Power: 92117
lsbal84 has disabled reputation
Re: AE Gameday 1/9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltySeawolf View Post
Last night was my first trip to the Event Center in Bing. I was really really impressed. I would attend an AE Tournament there in a second. Great parking, lots of eateries very close, the venue itself is top notch. The hospitality is also tremendous. I walked into the place sporting my SB shirt and the girl handing out free winter Bearcat Basketball hats didn't blink for a second as she offered my one. That's right. I am the brand new ownder of a Bing Bearcat winter beanie.

As far as the game goes. No one will remember it, but the game was close for the first 15 mins. Binghamton cqme out in a 2-3 zone that totally confounded SB. Bing played with a lot of effort and while SB defended very well, Johnston and Gray certainly shot much worse then they did against Albany two nights before. Bing bigs in foul trouble all night too. I felt SB's biggest advantage would come inside. The Bing defense did a real good job of keeping the ball out of the paint, and Bings bigs did a pretty good job scoring the ball when they got it.
I agree about the BingU facility. In terms of parking, convenience to local eateries, and the actual venue I have to rate it right behind Delaware in those regards. After all these years of attending tourneys by far I enjoyed the experience as a whole the most at UD. Boston was ok. It was one of the few my wife wanted to attend as we have friends up there and there is plenty to do. The word is after Albany next year (2014) we are all going to Stonybrook. Not bad for me as my in-laws live 5 minutes from there in Port Jeff.
lsbal84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:25 PM.



User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2002 2013 BasketballBoards.net.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1