AE Gameday 1/12/13 - Page 4 - Basketball Forum : Professional and College Basketball Forums
BasketballForum.com is the premier basketball Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2013, 12:57 PM   #46 (permalink)
Veteran
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: VT
Posts: 2,091
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Rep Power: 19892
UVM7680 has much to be proud of UVM7680 has much to be proud of UVM7680 has much to be proud of UVM7680 has much to be proud of UVM7680 has much to be proud of UVM7680 has much to be proud of UVM7680 has much to be proud of UVM7680 has much to be proud of UVM7680 has much to be proud of UVM7680 has much to be proud of UVM7680 has much to be proud of
Re: AE Gameday 1/12/13

27-21 UVM over UMBC at the half.
UVM7680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-12-2013, 01:13 PM   #47 (permalink)
Star
 
Catcountry21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,700
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Rep Power: 47
Catcountry21 will become famous soon enough Catcountry21 will become famous soon enough Catcountry21 will become famous soon enough Catcountry21 will become famous soon enough Catcountry21 will become famous soon enough Catcountry21 will become famous soon enough Catcountry21 will become famous soon enough Catcountry21 will become famous soon enough Catcountry21 will become famous soon enough Catcountry21 will become famous soon enough Catcountry21 will become famous soon enough
Re: AE Gameday 1/12/13

Rugg having a nice game so far.
__________________
"Everybody pulls for David, nobody roots for Goliath." -- Wilt Chamberlain
Catcountry21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:14 PM   #48 (permalink)
Star
 
Catcountry21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,700
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Rep Power: 47
Catcountry21 will become famous soon enough Catcountry21 will become famous soon enough Catcountry21 will become famous soon enough Catcountry21 will become famous soon enough Catcountry21 will become famous soon enough Catcountry21 will become famous soon enough Catcountry21 will become famous soon enough Catcountry21 will become famous soon enough Catcountry21 will become famous soon enough Catcountry21 will become famous soon enough Catcountry21 will become famous soon enough
Re: AE Gameday 1/12/13

Cats 11-23 from the line.....great
__________________
"Everybody pulls for David, nobody roots for Goliath." -- Wilt Chamberlain
Catcountry21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:17 PM   #49 (permalink)
Star
 
Catcountry21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,700
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Rep Power: 47
Catcountry21 will become famous soon enough Catcountry21 will become famous soon enough Catcountry21 will become famous soon enough Catcountry21 will become famous soon enough Catcountry21 will become famous soon enough Catcountry21 will become famous soon enough Catcountry21 will become famous soon enough Catcountry21 will become famous soon enough Catcountry21 will become famous soon enough Catcountry21 will become famous soon enough Catcountry21 will become famous soon enough
Re: AE Gameday 1/12/13

Is it too late to not redshirt Taggart? We need some offense.
__________________
"Everybody pulls for David, nobody roots for Goliath." -- Wilt Chamberlain
Catcountry21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:24 PM   #50 (permalink)
Veteran
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: VT
Posts: 2,091
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Rep Power: 19892
UVM7680 has much to be proud of UVM7680 has much to be proud of UVM7680 has much to be proud of UVM7680 has much to be proud of UVM7680 has much to be proud of UVM7680 has much to be proud of UVM7680 has much to be proud of UVM7680 has much to be proud of UVM7680 has much to be proud of UVM7680 has much to be proud of UVM7680 has much to be proud of
Re: AE Gameday 1/12/13

Clancy Rugg has 19 of UVM's 36 points. He and Voelkel are playing for the Cats. Anyone else want to get involved?
UVM7680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:27 PM   #51 (permalink)
Veteran
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: VT
Posts: 2,091
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Rep Power: 19892
UVM7680 has much to be proud of UVM7680 has much to be proud of UVM7680 has much to be proud of UVM7680 has much to be proud of UVM7680 has much to be proud of UVM7680 has much to be proud of UVM7680 has much to be proud of UVM7680 has much to be proud of UVM7680 has much to be proud of UVM7680 has much to be proud of UVM7680 has much to be proud of
Re: AE Gameday 1/12/13

B.G. Sandro making an appearance! 3 quick baskets.
UVM7680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:28 PM   #52 (permalink)
Star
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,893
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Rep Power: 18434
uvm4life20 has much to be proud of uvm4life20 has much to be proud of uvm4life20 has much to be proud of uvm4life20 has much to be proud of uvm4life20 has much to be proud of uvm4life20 has much to be proud of uvm4life20 has much to be proud of uvm4life20 has much to be proud of uvm4life20 has much to be proud of uvm4life20 has much to be proud of uvm4life20 has much to be proud of
Re: AE Gameday 1/12/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catcountry21 View Post
Is it too late to not redshirt Taggart? We need some offense.
If becker wanted more offense at the cost of defense he wouldn't play Elbaum.
uvm4life20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:31 PM   #53 (permalink)
Veteran
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: VT
Posts: 2,091
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Rep Power: 19892
UVM7680 has much to be proud of UVM7680 has much to be proud of UVM7680 has much to be proud of UVM7680 has much to be proud of UVM7680 has much to be proud of UVM7680 has much to be proud of UVM7680 has much to be proud of UVM7680 has much to be proud of UVM7680 has much to be proud of UVM7680 has much to be proud of UVM7680 has much to be proud of
Re: AE Gameday 1/12/13

Okay, and now 3 quick baskets from Rusin! Lead was down to 3, now up to 9, 48-39.
UVM7680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:32 PM   #54 (permalink)
Star
 
Catcountry21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,700
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Rep Power: 47
Catcountry21 will become famous soon enough Catcountry21 will become famous soon enough Catcountry21 will become famous soon enough Catcountry21 will become famous soon enough Catcountry21 will become famous soon enough Catcountry21 will become famous soon enough Catcountry21 will become famous soon enough Catcountry21 will become famous soon enough Catcountry21 will become famous soon enough Catcountry21 will become famous soon enough Catcountry21 will become famous soon enough
Re: AE Gameday 1/12/13

RUSIN! Bout damn time these guys put the frickin' ball in the hoop!
__________________
"Everybody pulls for David, nobody roots for Goliath." -- Wilt Chamberlain
Catcountry21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:33 PM   #55 (permalink)
Veteran
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,365
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Rep Power: 92118
lsbal84 has disabled reputation
Re: AE Gameday 1/12/13

Hartford loses to Stony by 14. Credit to the home team for taking it to Hartford. Coley and Brenton were terrific....other than the ball smashing to the face on the out of bounds play that got Brenton the T. Warney looked good as did Purifoy in spurts. Hopefully Hartford learns from this and can move forward. The only one that seemed to come to play today for Hartford was Cooper who couldn't even pick his head up at breakfast today due to the flu. The other guys were just overmatched today. Good luck to the Stony fans the rest of the way.
lsbal84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:08 PM   #56 (permalink)
Star
 
ecasadoSBU's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Stony Brook, NY
Posts: 2,976
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Rep Power: 9269
ecasadoSBU is a splendid one to behold ecasadoSBU is a splendid one to behold ecasadoSBU is a splendid one to behold ecasadoSBU is a splendid one to behold ecasadoSBU is a splendid one to behold ecasadoSBU is a splendid one to behold ecasadoSBU is a splendid one to behold ecasadoSBU is a splendid one to behold ecasadoSBU is a splendid one to behold ecasadoSBU is a splendid one to behold ecasadoSBU is a splendid one to behold
Re: AE Gameday 1/12/13

The final score does not do justice to stony brooks dominance. We outplayed hartford most of the game. Game was a little tense. Emotion was running high and I think the hartgord teamwas pissed with brenton. Oh well, I love brenton's aggresiveness. Lets go seawolves
__________________
Everything a Stony Brook Fan Needs:

SBU FANS Message Board - http://sbufan.createaforum.com/index.php

I'MASEAWOLF News/Fan board/Blog: http://www.imaseawolf.com/

WUSB.FM - SBU Athletics Radio Streaming & Sports Blog: http://sbradiosports.blogspot.com/

Official Stony Brook Athletics Site: http://www.goseawolves.org/
ecasadoSBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #57 (permalink)
Veteran
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,874
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 500 Post(s)
Rep Power: 3197
nycwolf is a name known to all nycwolf is a name known to all nycwolf is a name known to all nycwolf is a name known to all nycwolf is a name known to all nycwolf is a name known to all nycwolf is a name known to all nycwolf is a name known to all nycwolf is a name known to all nycwolf is a name known to all nycwolf is a name known to all
Re: AE Gameday 1/12/13

the bad news first. the rumor is anthony jackson is out 4 weeks because of a bad ankle sprain.

the good news is sbu over came not having jackson and really stuck it to hartford. purefoy, brenton, and warney were all tough. we got some solid minutes from the best walk on in the league ben resner!!!!!! SBU missed alot of foul shots and tommy had to many turnovers. Warney missed to many layups too. But he looks like the favorite for ROY. odd thing today was bracey was the only guy not to play?

Isabel i think hartford got what they wanted. I think a part of the game plan was to really go after tommy. Stupid stuff by tommy. I think they tried to get tommy to bite and he did# 4 was all over him. he was very physical sometimes grabbing, sometime shoving, and some bumoing. very handsy... that all said tommy lost his cool and got a T. not sure why he did it i thought he maybe wanted to display that the guy guarding the inbounds was too close?

Also the refs were bad. they called a travel on resner when he was dribbling, a travel on nkwankma when it should have been a charge and gave coley two free throws when he didn even shoot the ball. they were bad.
nycwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:40 PM   #58 (permalink)
Player
 
Redwyn's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 761
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Rep Power: 2984
Redwyn is a name known to all Redwyn is a name known to all Redwyn is a name known to all Redwyn is a name known to all Redwyn is a name known to all Redwyn is a name known to all Redwyn is a name known to all Redwyn is a name known to all Redwyn is a name known to all Redwyn is a name known to all Redwyn is a name known to all
Re: AE Gameday 1/12/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycwolf View Post
the bad news first. the rumor is anthony jackson is out 4 weeks because of a bad ankle sprain.

the good news is sbu over came not having jackson and really stuck it to hartford. purefoy, brenton, and warney were all tough. we got some solid minutes from the best walk on in the league ben resner!!!!!! SBU missed alot of foul shots and tommy had to many turnovers. Warney missed to many layups too. But he looks like the favorite for ROY. odd thing today was bracey was the only guy not to play?

Isabel i think hartford got what they wanted. I think a part of the game plan was to really go after tommy. Stupid stuff by tommy. I think they tried to get tommy to bite and he did# 4 was all over him. he was very physical sometimes grabbing, sometime shoving, and some bumoing. very handsy... that all said tommy lost his cool and got a T. not sure why he did it i thought he maybe wanted to display that the guy guarding the inbounds was too close?

Also the refs were bad. they called a travel on resner when he was dribbling, a travel on nkwankma when it should have been a charge and gave coley two free throws when he didn even shoot the ball. they were bad.
Some comments:
1. I was very close to the play. #12 was not only asking for it, he was VERY close to putting his head well out of bounds to attract the play. I don't know basketball rules well enough to know if that's legal, but consensus from the two HS coaches sitting behind me was that it should have been unintentional contact. They also explained that it's common practice for some of the "hard nosed" players in their league to do it. Frankly I have no problem with what happened - Tommy would have done the same. A flagrant, however, was absolutely uncalled for.

2. Despite the turnovers, I thought Tommy was very solidly in control all game - Hartford's contact was less a gameplan, but a desperation. It was clear from 5 minutes into the game that they could not keep up with SB on transition, and it was quite clear that contact was behind the moving player and very poorly tracked by refs. If I was Gallagher, why tell my guys to lay off the contact if the refs are consistently allowing it to happen? Brenton got a great "revenge play" when he spiked the ball off of a Hartford player's head out of bounds, thus getting the ball back. All in all, Tommy was very, very good today.

3. Officiating was terrible for both sides all game. Travels ignored on both sides, clear - VERY clear contact ignored, particularly when it came to Brenton. Twice off of foul shots Brenton got elbowed in the face bv #45 - the second was so loud you could hear it across the court. Neither was called. #1 should have gotten his 3rd foul when he got called for traveling. He only traveled when he tried to step over a now on-the-floor Brenton. Some very poor charge vs. blocking fouls too - not very good judgment on feet planting on the floor.

4. To Hartford's credit, we were up by 28 at one point and Gallagher still had his guys pressing. He had them running, shooting, moving the ball, and even when down by double digits and 40 seconds left - fouling. It was very impressive, and a major change in what I'm used to seeing from Hartford. Some days you don't come out well and lose a game big - at least they went out firing.

5. Can't say enough about Puriefoy. He's very obviously dealing with some adjustment issues, but he filled Jackson's shoes admirably. Really took control of the team when on the floor - started regularly calling plays, and made some very impressive moves to the basket. I was quite worried about how he'd be when this game started. Very relieved now. And to think Jackson will be around for another year yet? This team is well set at PG for a while.
Redwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:45 PM   #59 (permalink)
Star
 
usslider's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 2,833
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Rep Power: 8164
usslider is a splendid one to behold usslider is a splendid one to behold usslider is a splendid one to behold usslider is a splendid one to behold usslider is a splendid one to behold usslider is a splendid one to behold usslider is a splendid one to behold usslider is a splendid one to behold usslider is a splendid one to behold usslider is a splendid one to behold usslider is a splendid one to behold
Re: AE Gameday 1/12/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by umbc32244 View Post
Can the Vermont crowd pleaseee shut up? All they are doing is complaining....CONSTANTLY.

Geesh.

20-11 UVM 5:55 in 1st.

Because that is what they do. Home team is always getting robbed, and their guys can do no wrong.

I never figured out if they are taking their cues from Blakely, Trimboli and Voelkel, or vice versa.
__________________
~v^v~GO TERRIERS~v^v~

My point guard is faster than your point guard.
usslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:57 PM   #60 (permalink)
Veteran
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,874
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 500 Post(s)
Rep Power: 3197
nycwolf is a name known to all nycwolf is a name known to all nycwolf is a name known to all nycwolf is a name known to all nycwolf is a name known to all nycwolf is a name known to all nycwolf is a name known to all nycwolf is a name known to all nycwolf is a name known to all nycwolf is a name known to all nycwolf is a name known to all
Re: AE Gameday 1/12/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwyn View Post
Some comments:
1. I was very close to the play. #12 was not only asking for it, he was VERY close to putting his head well out of bounds to attract the play. I don't know basketball rules well enough to know if that's legal, but consensus from the two HS coaches sitting behind me was that it should have been unintentional contact. They also explained that it's common practice for some of the "hard nosed" players in their league to do it. Frankly I have no problem with what happened - Tommy would have done the same. A flagrant, however, was absolutely uncalled for.

2. Despite the turnovers, I thought Tommy was very solidly in control all game - Hartford's contact was less a gameplan, but a desperation. It was clear from 5 minutes into the game that they could not keep up with SB on transition, and it was quite clear that contact was behind the moving player and very poorly tracked by refs. If I was Gallagher, why tell my guys to lay off the contact if the refs are consistently allowing it to happen? Brenton got a great "revenge play" when he spiked the ball off of a Hartford player's head out of bounds, thus getting the ball back. All in all, Tommy was very, very good today.

3. Officiating was terrible for both sides all game. Travels ignored on both sides, clear - VERY clear contact ignored, particularly when it came to Brenton. Twice off of foul shots Brenton got elbowed in the face bv #45 - the second was so loud you could hear it across the court. Neither was called. #1 should have gotten his 3rd foul when he got called for traveling. He only traveled when he tried to step over a now on-the-floor Brenton. Some very poor charge vs. blocking fouls too - not very good judgment on feet planting on the floor.

4. To Hartford's credit, we were up by 28 at one point and Gallagher still had his guys pressing. He had them running, shooting, moving the ball, and even when down by double digits and 40 seconds left - fouling. It was very impressive, and a major change in what I'm used to seeing from Hartford. Some days you don't come out well and lose a game big - at least they went out firing.

5. Can't say enough about Puriefoy. He's very obviously dealing with some adjustment issues, but he filled Jackson's shoes admirably. Really took control of the team when on the floor - started regularly calling plays, and made some very impressive moves to the basket. I was quite worried about how he'd be when this game started. Very relieved now. And to think Jackson will be around for another year yet? This team is well set at PG for a while.
speaking to an official friend of mine. he said the rule is the player taking the ball out of bounds get 3' in any direction. basically if tommy had 3' behind him he needs to step back. the player guarding the in bounds does not need to give him the 3' unless you are in a small gym and the player takign the ball out cant move back anymore.

tommy was great to many TOs though. coley was good to. it is clear though that the future is now at SBU with purefoy and warney. i felt like carson handled the pressure great. we will really find out alot against them both on Tuesday. BU has 2 very good quick guards(irving adn watson) who will look to pressure the heck out of carson and a big man who is a big guy weight wise(morris) who will look to push warney around. both guys have shown some issues against these type of players/ at the end of the day if tommy, warney(minus the missed layups), purefoy, and coley play like they did today the only team we can lose to is vermont becasue they are a good defensive team who will step up.
nycwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:03 PM.



User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2002 2013 BasketballBoards.net.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1