UVM @ Hartford 1/30/13 - Basketball Forum : Professional and College Basketball Forums
BasketballForum.com is the premier basketball Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 06:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
-PREMIUM MEMBER-
Photobucket
 
UVM Hoop Cat's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Boston
Posts: 21,934
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1255 Post(s)
Rep Power: 62879
UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future
UVM @ Hartford 1/30/13

Big game for UVM tonight on the road at Hartford, first meeting of the 12-13 season. UVM is going to need to come out with defensive intensity and really protect the 3pt line as pretty much everyone on Hartford likes to shoot it from out there (I know he's graduated, but anyone remember Maciel's 3 bombs last season against us?). Also need to keep Nkamma from getting far inside. On the offensive end, we need to get the ball inside and get their players into foul trouble. Important game for UVM to win not just for league standings, but last chance to boost resume for consideration for a Bracket Buster TV game/ tougher opponent.

Should be a good game. Still considering making the short drive to Hartford, if it wasn't a Wednesday and I didn't have these silly real world responsibilities.
__________________
"Let's win this game for all the small schools that never had a chance to get here"
- Hoosiers,
& UVM mens basketball NCAA's 2005
UVM Hoop Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-30-2013, 06:54 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: VT
Posts: 2,091
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Rep Power: 19892
UVM7680 has much to be proud of UVM7680 has much to be proud of UVM7680 has much to be proud of UVM7680 has much to be proud of UVM7680 has much to be proud of UVM7680 has much to be proud of UVM7680 has much to be proud of UVM7680 has much to be proud of UVM7680 has much to be proud of UVM7680 has much to be proud of UVM7680 has much to be proud of
Re: UVM @ Hartford 1/30/13

Video feed costs $6.95.
Quote:
24-hour access to University of Hartford premium video and audio streaming content on HartfordHawks.com! Watch all the action from a specific game from the comfort of your PC. The 24-hour subscriptions will not automatically renew.
I don't want to jinx the Cats but will probably plunk down the money and hope for the best.
UVM7680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran
 
VT Cats Fan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vermont
Posts: 1,566
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Rep Power: 3001
VT Cats Fan has disabled reputation
Re: UVM @ Hartford 1/30/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by UVM Hoop Cat View Post
Big game for UVM tonight on the road at Hartford, first meeting of the 12-13 season. UVM is going to need to come out with defensive intensity and really protect the 3pt line as pretty much everyone on Hartford likes to shoot it from out there (I know he's graduated, but anyone remember Maciel's 3 bombs last season against us?). Also need to keep Nkamma from getting far inside. On the offensive end, we need to get the ball inside and get their players into foul trouble. Important game for UVM to win not just for league standings, but last chance to boost resume for consideration for a Bracket Buster TV game/ tougher opponent.

Should be a good game. Still considering making the short drive to Hartford, if it wasn't a Wednesday and I didn't have these silly real world responsibilities.
I'm going to be there! I had to be in Hartford anyway for a meeting. Hopefully the cats show up with at least their B+ game.
VT Cats Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
-PREMIUM MEMBER-
Photobucket
 
UVM Hoop Cat's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Boston
Posts: 21,934
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1255 Post(s)
Rep Power: 62879
UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future
Re: UVM @ Hartford 1/30/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by VT Cats Fan View Post
I'm going to be there! I had to be in Hartford anyway for a meeting. Hopefully the cats show up with at least their B+ game.
Nice- great move. You know, I probably could have/should have done that as well......maybe I still can.
__________________
"Let's win this game for all the small schools that never had a chance to get here"
- Hoosiers,
& UVM mens basketball NCAA's 2005
UVM Hoop Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,365
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Rep Power: 92117
lsbal84 has disabled reputation
Re: UVM @ Hartford 1/30/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by UVM Hoop Cat View Post
Nice- great move. You know, I probably could have/should have done that as well......maybe I still can.
If anybody on the board is interested in meeting up with us, I am meeting UNH alum from CT at a pub to have an early dinner prior to the game (4:45). Be great to meet some UVM guys. My treat for dinner for anyone who wants to come. Let me know and I will get the address.
lsbal84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran
 

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Burlington, VT
Posts: 1,143
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Rep Power: 35496
NotDeadYet has disabled reputation
Re: UVM @ Hartford 1/30/13

The game will be on CT Public TV Sports, so it may be on the internet.
NotDeadYet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:20 AM   #7 (permalink)
-PREMIUM MEMBER-
Photobucket
 
UVM Hoop Cat's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Boston
Posts: 21,934
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1255 Post(s)
Rep Power: 62879
UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future UVM Hoop Cat has a brilliant future
Re: UVM @ Hartford 1/30/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsbal84 View Post
If anybody on the board is interested in meeting up with us, I am meeting UNH alum from CT at a pub to have an early dinner prior to the game (4:45). Be great to meet some UVM guys. My treat for dinner for anyone who wants to come. Let me know and I will get the address.
Definitely interested and thanks for invite Lsbal but realized I've got a conf call this afternoon and probably shouldn't do it from the road. If I can get to Hartford this evening it won't be until right around 7pm or maybe even a little after the game starts. One of these days...and if I do make, would like to say hello.
__________________
"Let's win this game for all the small schools that never had a chance to get here"
- Hoosiers,
& UVM mens basketball NCAA's 2005
UVM Hoop Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:27 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran
 
VT Cats Fan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vermont
Posts: 1,566
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Rep Power: 3001
VT Cats Fan has disabled reputation
Re: UVM @ Hartford 1/30/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsbal84 View Post
If anybody on the board is interested in meeting up with us, I am meeting UNH alum from CT at a pub to have an early dinner prior to the game (4:45). Be great to meet some UVM guys. My treat for dinner for anyone who wants to come. Let me know and I will get the address.
Thanks so much for the offer. I can't meet up before the game, but I'm planning on catching up with Sam (OneBidWonders) after the game. It would be great to get a few fans together.

I was planning to get a ticket at the door. I checked the attendance to the home games and it seems as though that shouldn't be a problem. I was hoping to get a seat behind the visitor's bench. If you want to introduce yourself, I'd look forward to meeting you.

I'm fortyish, grayish-blonde hair, 6'3", glasses. I have on navy blue pants and a green button down shirt with blue stripes.

Hope to meet you!
VT Cats Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:08 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,365
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Rep Power: 92117
lsbal84 has disabled reputation
Re: UVM @ Hartford 1/30/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by UVM Hoop Cat View Post
Definitely interested and thanks for invite Lsbal but realized I've got a conf call this afternoon and probably shouldn't do it from the road. If I can get to Hartford this evening it won't be until right around 7pm or maybe even a little after the game starts. One of these days...and if I do make, would like to say hello.
Blow off the conference call.....I am sure you have a touch of the flu that's going around.
lsbal84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:11 AM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,365
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Rep Power: 92117
lsbal84 has disabled reputation
Re: UVM @ Hartford 1/30/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by VT Cats Fan View Post
Thanks so much for the offer. I can't meet up before the game, but I'm planning on catching up with Sam (OneBidWonders) after the game. It would be great to get a few fans together.

I was planning to get a ticket at the door. I checked the attendance to the home games and it seems as though that shouldn't be a problem. I was hoping to get a seat behind the visitor's bench. If you want to introduce yourself, I'd look forward to meeting you.

I'm fortyish, grayish-blonde hair, 6'3", glasses. I have on navy blue pants and a green button down shirt with blue stripes.

Hope to meet you!
I can't meet up after the game.....I try to catch my daughter before she goes to bed.

If your timing changes at all be great if you can meet up for dinner. Regardless UNH and I will stop by to say hi.
lsbal84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:11 AM   #11 (permalink)
Player
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Burlington,Vt.
Posts: 678
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Rep Power: 23
THE802 has disabled reputation
Re: UVM @ Hartford 1/30/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by VT Cats Fan View Post
Thanks so much for the offer. I can't meet up before the game, but I'm planning on catching up with Sam (OneBidWonders) after the game. It would be great to get a few fans together.

I was planning to get a ticket at the door. I checked the attendance to the home games and it seems as though that shouldn't be a problem. I was hoping to get a seat behind the visitor's bench. If you want to introduce yourself, I'd look forward to meeting you.

I'm fortyish, grayish-blonde hair, 6'3", glasses. I have on navy blue pants and a green button down shirt with blue stripes.

Hope to meet you!

Hey ! One of our " younger " fans....ROCK ON CATS !
THE802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:11 AM   #12 (permalink)
Veteran
 
VT Cats Fan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vermont
Posts: 1,566
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Rep Power: 3001
VT Cats Fan has disabled reputation
Re: UVM @ Hartford 1/30/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by UVM Hoop Cat View Post
Definitely interested and thanks for invite Lsbal but realized I've got a conf call this afternoon and probably shouldn't do it from the road. If I can get to Hartford this evening it won't be until right around 7pm or maybe even a little after the game starts. One of these days...and if I do make, would like to say hello.
Yeah, blow it off! :-) I'm skipping my dinner meeting to go to the game.
VT Cats Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:13 AM   #13 (permalink)
Veteran
 
VT Cats Fan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vermont
Posts: 1,566
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Rep Power: 3001
VT Cats Fan has disabled reputation
Re: UVM @ Hartford 1/30/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE802 View Post
Hey ! One of our " younger " fans....ROCK ON CATS !
Yeah, pretty sure I am the youngest fan in Catamount country!!!

:-)
VT Cats Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:17 AM   #14 (permalink)
Veteran
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,365
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Rep Power: 92117
lsbal84 has disabled reputation
Re: UVM @ Hartford 1/30/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by VT Cats Fan View Post
Thanks so much for the offer. I can't meet up before the game, but I'm planning on catching up with Sam (OneBidWonders) after the game. It would be great to get a few fans together.

I was planning to get a ticket at the door. I checked the attendance to the home games and it seems as though that shouldn't be a problem. I was hoping to get a seat behind the visitor's bench. If you want to introduce yourself, I'd look forward to meeting you.

I'm fortyish, grayish-blonde hair, 6'3", glasses. I have on navy blue pants and a green button down shirt with blue stripes.

Hope to meet you!
I can't meet up after the game.....I try to get home in time to see my daughter before bed.

UNH and I will definitely stop by prior to the game.

If your plans change at all let me know as the option is totally on the table.
lsbal84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:19 AM   #15 (permalink)
Veteran
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,365
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Rep Power: 92117
lsbal84 has disabled reputation
Re: UVM @ Hartford 1/30/13

Sam....can you meet up? It's not the prospect cafe Other side of the street going south....good sports bar.
lsbal84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:48 PM.



User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2002 2013 BasketballBoards.net.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1