Looking ahead for 2017-18 - Page 3 - Basketball Forum : Professional and College Basketball Forums
BasketballForum.com is the premier basketball Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

Like Tree51Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2017, 01:14 PM   #31 (permalink)
-PREMIUM MEMBER-
Photobucket
 
UVM Hoop Cat's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Boston
Posts: 28,935
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3760 Post(s)
Lots of changes could happen between now and next season- but if rosters/coaches stay as they are today UVM has most returning including probably the two best players in the conference in Lamb and TBH. Henson right up there as well.
UVM Hoop Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-11-2017, 01:20 PM   #32 (permalink)
All-Star
 
bosiydid's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 9,666
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1149 Post(s)
Re: Looking ahead for 2017-18

Obviously for most of us the season is over... And there will be ample time to reflect. But in a more ration frame of mind I wanted to congratulate uvm again. What an incredible year for Becker and company. Not sure when we'll see a team this dominant in ae play again and overall rpi etc. What a banner year and you guys should enjoy the heck out of this. Go out there and scare someone if not outright win. We the ae need cash...

Historical season... If I were a uvm fan I'd be on cloud 9.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
__________________
Albany basketball season ticket holder since..........June'06
bosiydid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 01:42 PM   #33 (permalink)
Rookie
 

Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Chances that lamb transfers to a high major? I'd say 50-50
Baltimoron is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 03-11-2017, 01:43 PM   #34 (permalink)
All-Star
 
bosiydid's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 9,666
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1149 Post(s)
Re: Looking ahead for 2017-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltimoron View Post
Chances that lamb transfers to a high major? I'd say 50-50
Not this kid... Feels to me like a catamout lifer. If he does... That's a brutal loss for the ae. If Becker goes, I can see him taking him though.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
__________________
Albany basketball season ticket holder since..........June'06
bosiydid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 01:48 PM   #35 (permalink)
Rookie
 

Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 76
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Re: Looking ahead for 2017-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosiydid View Post
Not this kid... Feels to me like a catamout lifer. If he does... That's a brutal loss for the ae. If Becker goes, I can see him taking him though.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
If he leaves it wont be next year.....it will be with the grad class of Henson/TBH/Ward/Etc. - that team will still be good and he has a great chance to go back to the dance.

However, following that I would agree 50/50...If he stays though and UVM can pick up 2 good recruits (possibly Ernie/Everetts bro), they wont be terrible, still could be top 4 w/ Duncan, Lamb +recruits
shortergan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 01:48 PM   #36 (permalink)
Veteran
 

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Burlington, VT
Posts: 2,186
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 372 Post(s)
Re: Looking ahead for 2017-18

UVM has some guys we really haven't talked about here much. Besides Dingba, there are Shungu, Dalyrimple and Everett Duncan who will be playing next season. That is a boatload of talent.
NotDeadYet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 02:08 PM   #37 (permalink)
Veteran
 

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: NYC Metro
Posts: 2,290
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Re: Looking ahead for 2017-18

Really interesting discussion about Vermont and Albany (great game today, btw). Perhaps it was mentioned in the discussion, but I missed what is really pertinent to Binghamton fans -- with UML now being NCAA-eligible, does the AE tournament become a nine-team event? Or does the last place team stay home?
c00per and Longclaw like this.
BingGrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 02:21 PM   #38 (permalink)
All-Star
 
bosiydid's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 9,666
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1149 Post(s)
Re: Looking ahead for 2017-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BingGrad View Post
Really interesting discussion about Vermont and Albany (great game today, btw). Perhaps it was mentioned in the discussion, but I missed what is really pertinent to Binghamton fans -- with UML now being NCAA-eligible, does the AE tournament become a nine-team event? Or does the last place team stay home?
I suspect it will go right back to what we had when Boston was in the league. 8/9 gp first for the right to fave the 1.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
__________________
Albany basketball season ticket holder since..........June'06
bosiydid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 02:38 PM   #39 (permalink)
Rookie
 

Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 76
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Re: Looking ahead for 2017-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosiydid View Post
I suspect it will go right back to what we had when Boston was in the league. 8/9 gp first for the right to fave the 1.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
in the interest of time in between games id be pro 8/9 play in game at the home of the number 1 seed so it doesn't take extra days to have to wait for the PIG and then add travel days in between.

IE if the playoffs were using this years standings and play dates with the opener on Wednesday, #8 Bing and #9 Maine would have play on Tuesday night @ UVM and the winner would have played @UVM vs UVM on that next day Wednesday
bosiydid likes this.
shortergan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 04:33 PM   #40 (permalink)
6th Man
 

Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 356
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Re: Looking ahead for 2017-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotDeadYet View Post
UVM has some guys we really haven't talked about here much. Besides Dingba, there are Shungu, Dalyrimple and Everett Duncan who will be playing next season. That is a boatload of talent.
They are all unproven. UVM will be very good again next year, but don't see how they are equal to this year's team. Incoming talent and red shirts aren't going to match the 60 minutes Steidl, Wills and Payen gave us this year.
CATLIKE likes this.
jfromvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 04:42 PM   #41 (permalink)
All-Star
 
bosiydid's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 9,666
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1149 Post(s)
Re: Looking ahead for 2017-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfromvt View Post
They are all unproven. UVM will be very good again next year, but don't see how they are equal to this year's team. Incoming talent and red shirts aren't going to match the 60 minutes Steidl, Wills and Payen gave us this year.
How much better is an ae team going to be, any ae team, this one is on a 21 game winning streak and ranked top 50pri.

That to me is the biggest reason I don't see them being better. They will still be favored pre season bit to even come close to this is so improbable. I honestly think we witnessed a season for the ages for any ae team. Not much room to improve and you lose 3 excellent kids. One of whom was a dpoy, not sure how folks think you won't see a drop off. Doesn't mean you'll fall off the cliff bit moderate drop-off meaning still around 100rpi is what I expect.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
jfromvt, CATLIKE and LeftCoastCat like this.
__________________
Albany basketball season ticket holder since..........June'06
bosiydid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 05:16 PM   #42 (permalink)
Star
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,972
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 668 Post(s)
Re: Looking ahead for 2017-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosiydid View Post
Not this kid... Feels to me like a catamout lifer. If he does... That's a brutal loss for the ae. If Becker goes, I can see him taking him though.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
I agree that I think Lamb is catamount lifer. Everything about him says he stays besides his talent. He's good enough to play at another level but that's the only thing that makes a flight risk. Everything else is a great match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfromvt View Post
They are all unproven. UVM will be very good again next year, but don't see how they are equal to this year's team. Incoming talent and red shirts aren't going to match the 60 minutes Steidl, Wills and Payen gave us this year.
I find it really funny talking about UVM's lack of proven underclassmen. What schools have a bunch of proven underclassmen talent? Albany can match up with Nichols, Cremo, and Campbell but who else matches up with Duncan and Lamb.

We won't need incoming talent and redshirts to replace those 60 minutes. The talent played this year. Hearlihy, Drew, and Ward ALL SENIORS are going to replace the majority of those 60 minutes.

I think UVM's freshmen Patella and Smith as well as SO Everett would start on the majority of teams in the AE as Juniors. Smith and Patella have good high school resumes and Everett has had some minutes for us already.
uvm4life20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 05:18 PM   #43 (permalink)
Star
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,972
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 668 Post(s)
Re: Looking ahead for 2017-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosiydid View Post
How much better is an ae team going to be, any ae team, this one is on a 21 game winning streak and ranked top 50pri.

That to me is the biggest reason I don't see them being better. They will still be favored pre season bit to even come close to this is so improbable. I honestly think we witnessed a season for the ages for any ae team. Not much room to improve and you lose 3 excellent kids. One of whom was a dpoy, not sure how folks think you won't see a drop off. Doesn't mean you'll fall off the cliff bit moderate drop-off meaning still around 100rpi is what I expect.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Do you really think 15-1 in conference with a better OOC is out of the question? Our OOC wasn't that great this year. We didn't play that hard of a schedule and let a couple games slip away.
uvm4life20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 05:20 PM   #44 (permalink)
All-Star
 
bosiydid's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 9,666
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1149 Post(s)
Re: Looking ahead for 2017-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvm4life20 View Post
Do you really think 15-1 in conference with a better OOC is out of the question? Our OOC wasn't that great this year. We didn't play that hard of a schedule and let a couple games slip away.
Our of the question no...But all that plus a better ooc? I'm sorry I don't. You don't just replace a dpoy and not miss a beat nor a kid like stield that today banged 2 huge 3 and most likely saved your season. Do you really expect a team that loses all that and comes close to 50rpi again?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
__________________
Albany basketball season ticket holder since..........June'06
bosiydid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 05:24 PM   #45 (permalink)
All-Star
 
bosiydid's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 9,666
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1149 Post(s)
Re: Looking ahead for 2017-18

There will be plenty of time to talk about this... Enjoy the next week or so. I didn't mean to go split this hair. I still think that uvm will be the favorite next year but I think the gap will be closer between them and #2 . And personally I think UA will go blow for blow.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
__________________
Albany basketball season ticket holder since..........June'06
bosiydid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:34 AM.



User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2002 2013 BasketballBoards.net.
 

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1