Looking ahead for 2017-18 - Page 5 - Basketball Forum : Professional and College Basketball Forums
BasketballForum.com is the premier basketball Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

Like Tree51Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2017, 03:35 PM   #61 (permalink)
Lurker
 
UVMalum73's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Essex Junction, VT
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Re: Looking ahead for 2017-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvm4life20 View Post
I was talking about career wise. They definitely won't be as productive next year. I think Ward plays over smith and Hearlihy over patella.

I see our bench rotation as of now Ward SR, Everett RS SO, Dingba RS JR, and Drew SR. That's a very experienced bench.

Smith and Patella should get 5 minutes a game. Not really a rotation player but they need to be ready should an injury arise.
Can't see how Smith doesn't redshirt. We lose no guards and add Shungu and Dalyrimple. Patella good candidate to RS also. We lose three seniors and add four newcomers, Everett, Shungu, Dalyrimple and Dingba. Don't see minutes for the freshmen.
UVMalum73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-12-2017, 03:46 PM   #62 (permalink)
-PREMIUM MEMBER-
Photobucket
 
UVM Hoop Cat's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Boston
Posts: 28,935
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3760 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UVMalum73 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by uvm4life20 View Post
I was talking about career wise. They definitely won't be as productive next year. I think Ward plays over smith and Hearlihy over patella.

I see our bench rotation as of now Ward SR, Everett RS SO, Dingba RS JR, and Drew SR. That's a very experienced bench.

Smith and Patella should get 5 minutes a game. Not really a rotation player but they need to be ready should an injury arise.
Can't see how Smith doesn't redshirt. We lose no guards and add Shungu and Dalyrimple. Patella good candidate to RS also. We lose three seniors and add four newcomers, Everett, Shungu, Dalyrimple and Dingba. Don't see minutes for the freshmen.
Stefan Smith is a highly-rated, very talented point guard and the heir apparent to TBH- would be shocked if he isn't in the rotation next season.
Catcountry21 and LeftCoastCat like this.
UVM Hoop Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 04:18 PM   #63 (permalink)
Star
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,972
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 668 Post(s)
Re: Looking ahead for 2017-18

We need a 3rd pg smith won't redshirt. Sure Duncan can play PG but it's not ideal and we don't have a ton of SG depth. I think Ward will play over smith but that will be entirely up to Ward. He needs to put the work in this off season.

I don't think shungu is good enough to allow smith to redshirt. Patella I can see redshirting if we get Nash.

Dalyrimple is young for a RS FR. He only had 1 D1 offer. I don't think he sees the floor next year. The same goes for shungu who had 0 D1 offers. These players are rotation players when they become upperclassmen.
LeftCoastCat likes this.
uvm4life20 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 03-12-2017, 04:23 PM   #64 (permalink)
Benchwarmer
 

Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 135
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Re: Looking ahead for 2017-18

Don't we still have one offer left? Concerned about size up front.
LeftCoastCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 04:28 PM   #65 (permalink)
Star
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,972
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 668 Post(s)
Re: Looking ahead for 2017-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoastCat View Post
Don't we still have one offer left? Concerned about size up front.
Henson and drew can play center against bcs schools. Dingba can in the AE with his 7 foot wingspan.

We have lamb, Henson, dingba, rohrer, and Hearlihy who can all play the 4.

We have 5-6 players we can throw down low. We should be fine but yes with the offer.
uvm4life20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 06:20 PM   #66 (permalink)
Veteran
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,598
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Re: Looking ahead for 2017-18

Lets not sleep on Rohrer. Last season he started in several games. With the emergence of Payen and a nice early season start for Drew his minutes never materialized this season but he will be a big part of our frontline next year. We know Becker trusts him to work within the system. He's not going to be a world beater but I expect him to work hard in the off season so he can make the most of his final year at UVM. With Lamb and Henson we just need Rohrer to do the dirty work of cleaning up the boards and making smart plays down low.
jtmac likes this.
dnapolit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 06:27 PM   #67 (permalink)
Star
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,972
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 668 Post(s)
Re: Looking ahead for 2017-18

Yea in reality rohrer drew and dingba will probably play even minutes. I hope drew emerges from the bunch.

Rohrer was hurt and never had a chance to get going this year. He could be much better next year.
uvm4life20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 06:43 PM   #68 (permalink)
-PREMIUM MEMBER-
Photobucket
 
UVM Hoop Cat's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Boston
Posts: 28,935
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3760 Post(s)
UVM has been replacing irreplaceable players for the better part of 20 years. That's what happens at successful programs. How do you replace players like Taylor Coppenrath? TJ Sorrentine? Marqus Blakely? Brian Voelkel? You Don't-but UVM does.
UVM Hoop Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 07:23 PM   #69 (permalink)
All-Star
 
bosiydid's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 9,666
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1149 Post(s)
Re: Looking ahead for 2017-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvm4life20 View Post
We need a 3rd pg smith won't redshirt. Sure Duncan can play PG but it's not ideal and we don't have a ton of SG depth. I think Ward will play over smith but that will be entirely up to Ward. He needs to put the work in this off season.

I don't think shungu is good enough to allow smith to redshirt. Patella I can see redshirting if we get Nash.

Dalyrimple is young for a RS FR. He only had 1 D1 offer. I don't think he sees the floor next year. The same goes for shungu who had 0 D1 offers. These players are rotation players when they become upperclassmen.
Nash is going rice or ivy

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
__________________
Albany basketball season ticket holder since..........June'06

Last edited by bosiydid; 03-12-2017 at 08:04 PM.
bosiydid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 07:25 PM   #70 (permalink)
All-Star
 
bosiydid's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 9,666
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1149 Post(s)
Re: Looking ahead for 2017-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by UVM Hoop Cat View Post
UVM has been replacing irreplaceable players for the better part of 20 years. That's what happens at successful programs. How do you replace players like Taylor Coppenrath? TJ Sorrentine? Marqus Blakely? Brian Voelkel? You Don't-but UVM does.
You were on a 7 year ncaa hiatus, how exactly did your replace them every year?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
__________________
Albany basketball season ticket holder since..........June'06
bosiydid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 08:08 PM   #71 (permalink)
Star
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,972
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 668 Post(s)
Re: Looking ahead for 2017-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosiydid View Post
You were on a 7 year ncaa hiatus, how exactly did your replace them every year?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
What 7 year what?
uvm4life20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 08:16 PM   #72 (permalink)
All-Star
 
bosiydid's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 9,666
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1149 Post(s)
Re: Looking ahead for 2017-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvm4life20 View Post
What 7 year what?
I thought I heard it's been 7 years since uvm danced... May have misheard that.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
__________________
Albany basketball season ticket holder since..........June'06
bosiydid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 08:24 PM   #73 (permalink)
-PREMIUM MEMBER-
Photobucket
 
UVM Hoop Cat's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Boston
Posts: 28,935
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3760 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosiydid View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by uvm4life20 View Post
What 7 year what?
I thought I heard it's been 7 years since uvm danced... May have misheard that.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
7 years? You wish, try 4. But any longer than 1 or 2 may as well feel like 7. It's been recently dark times with a brief SUNY take over, but now things have normalized
Catcountry21 likes this.
UVM Hoop Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 06:10 AM   #74 (permalink)
The People's Champ
 
RazorRamon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 95
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Re: Looking ahead for 2017-18

My early ranking for 17-18

UVM
SBU
UA
UNH
UMBC
UML
BING
MAINE
UHART
RazorRamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 06:11 AM   #75 (permalink)
The People's Champ
 
RazorRamon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 95
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Re: Looking ahead for 2017-18

My vote for POY - Lamb
RazorRamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:33 AM.



User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2002 2013 BasketballBoards.net.
 

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1