2012-2013 Dayton Flyers - Page 8 - Basketball Forum : Professional and College Basketball Forums
BasketballForum.com is the premier basketball Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2012, 06:40 AM   #106 (permalink)
Rookie
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Nomadic1 has disabled reputation
Re: 2012-2013 Dayton Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blobster View Post
Yawn.... Lemme guess. The flyers are a sweet sixteen or better team next year right?
Nobody expects to be a sweet sixteen team or better, that has to do with seeding and luck, as much as skill.
I only know that they have tested players and Xavier doesn't. I know they have a quality point guard and yours doesn't yet have a jump shot, that they have bigs that are experienced and can play and you have Jeff Robinson and some frosh.







Quote:
Semaj is a 5 star point guard who started for the most talented high school prep team in the nation.
Ill take what the experts say on him over your opinion.
Again, actually watch him play.
The experts speak to his upside, that is his athleticism.
He's raw, I think you'd have a hard time finding anyone who feels he's a great jump shooter or a polished floor general.
AAU ball isn't college ball. We'll see though.
Quote:
UD may have more answers but most of their answers haven't played yet for UD. so its not much different then X's problems.
It's totally different than X's problems. The post players are still there, Dillard is still there, I already know that Derenbecker and Sanford can play. Not really comparable. You lost your entire back court and front court. You kept a wing Wells and a backup guard in Davis, the rest is a black box.

Quote:
you obviously dont get that I doesn't matter what the subject is. It will always tangent. just like what you did here, before someone pulls it back on track.

I honestly don't even think you know all that much UD or X. your just tryin to bust some balls.
I'm sorry, but you haven't always had such a depleted roster.
We'll see one way or the other, it's just pretentious to say Xavier will be inherently good with a bunch of new kids.
Especially with how many duds Mack has recruited in recent years. I give him credit for Wells but other than that... meh...
Nomadic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-26-2012, 06:47 AM   #107 (permalink)
Rookie
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Nomadic1 has disabled reputation
Re: 2012-2013 Dayton Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquidLegs View Post
Lol. The Turks shy away from rebounders and dunkers. There is nothing they despise more than 2pts via dunk. It's well known that they only go after dribblers and jump-shooters. Damn, the Turkish league wins again!
There's a reason he went to the NBA D league and then got garbage time from golden state, he's an athlete, not a great ball player. Ask him to drive with the ball and let me know what happens.
He had all the potential in the world, he just never really developed as a player. I put it on BG.
Nomadic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 07:11 AM   #108 (permalink)
Banned Member
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,112
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
xavierhoops has a reputation beyond repute xavierhoops has a reputation beyond repute xavierhoops has a reputation beyond repute xavierhoops has a reputation beyond repute xavierhoops has a reputation beyond repute xavierhoops has a reputation beyond repute xavierhoops has a reputation beyond repute xavierhoops has a reputation beyond repute xavierhoops has a reputation beyond repute xavierhoops has a reputation beyond repute xavierhoops has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012-2013 Dayton Flyers

You still don't seem to understand, so I'll post again for you. Surprised Muddy hasn't been on here yet to scold you about being off-topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-P-on-UD View Post
This thread is about ud flyers 2012-2013. Why you have to corncern about X?
So no Xavier fans can be on a Dayton, Temple, Butler, Richmond etc thread without it being about Xavier? Yea, that makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadic1 View Post
I saw it, it's just that I don't agree with this perception. You and the person who said that, ignore the obvious implication of your very being here.
You should be asking "This thread is about the UD flyers, why does it concern X?"


So what great run do you see next year?
Not predicting anything for next year. Just saying how torturous it is for UD fans to predict the downfall of X preseason after preseason after preseason then have to watch X make 4 Sweet 16's in 5 years in the postseason(something only Xavier, North Carolina, Kansas and Michigan St can say....)
xavierhoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:43 AM   #109 (permalink)
Rookie
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Nomadic1 has disabled reputation
Re: 2012-2013 Dayton Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierhoops View Post
You still don't seem to understand, so I'll post again for you. Surprised Muddy hasn't been on here yet to scold you about being off-topic.



So no Xavier fans can be on a Dayton, Temple, Butler, Richmond etc thread without it being about Xavier? Yea, that makes sense.

Again, perception. I say Xu fans are trolling in a Dayton thread, precisely because they're xavier fans. This has everything to do with Xavier, your presence here confirms as much. If it wasn't that way, there would be no interest in taking pot shots at the flyers.
Why waste your time in a thread about a team you don't like?
To troll. Why troll? Because you like Xavier.

Simple as that.




Quote:
Not predicting anything for next year. Just saying how torturous it is for UD fans to predict the downfall of X preseason after preseason after preseason then have to watch X make 4 Sweet 16's in 5 years in the postseason(something only Xavier, North Carolina, Kansas and Michigan St can say....)
I'm aware of Xavier's past success, I also think that well has dried up a bit. We'll see, soon enough.
I haven't made such predictions, pre-season after pre-season.
I appreciate the concern though.
Nomadic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:51 AM   #110 (permalink)
Veteran
 

Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,127
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Rep Power: 23794
njlsufan has much to be proud of njlsufan has much to be proud of njlsufan has much to be proud of njlsufan has much to be proud of njlsufan has much to be proud of njlsufan has much to be proud of njlsufan has much to be proud of njlsufan has much to be proud of njlsufan has much to be proud of njlsufan has much to be proud of njlsufan has much to be proud of
Re: 2012-2013 Dayton Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadic1 View Post
Nobody expects to be a sweet sixteen team or better, that has to do with seeding and luck, as much as skill.
I only know that they have tested players and Xavier doesn't. I know they have a quality point guard and yours doesn't yet have a jump shot, that they have bigs that are experienced and can play and you have Jeff Robinson and some frosh.








Again, actually watch him play.
The experts speak to his upside, that is his athleticism.
He's raw, I think you'd have a hard time finding anyone who feels he's a great jump shooter or a polished floor general.
AAU ball isn't college ball. We'll see though.


It's totally different than X's problems. The post players are still there, Dillard is still there, I already know that Derenbecker and Sanford can play. Not really comparable. You lost your entire back court and front court. You kept a wing Wells and a backup guard in Davis, the rest is a black box.



I'm sorry, but you haven't always had such a depleted roster.
We'll see one way or the other, it's just pretentious to say Xavier will be inherently good with a bunch of new kids.
Especially with how many duds Mack has recruited in recent years. I give him credit for Wells but other than that... meh...
Oh great. Just what we need. Another delusional Flyers fan joining the A-10 board. Like we don't have enough of those already? Welcome aboard Nomadic1, you have plenty of company.
njlsufan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:31 AM   #111 (permalink)
Rookie
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Nomadic1 has disabled reputation
Re: 2012-2013 Dayton Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by njlsufan View Post
Oh great. Just what we need. Another delusional Flyers fan joining the A-10 board. Like we don't have enough of those already? Welcome aboard Nomadic1, you have plenty of company.
Delusional people believe in something, with no evidence to support it. I've provided plenty to back my opinion with. A depleted roster, no post players of significance and an entirely new back court.
Explain to me sir, how are you not deluded?
What do you have to support the idea, that this specific roster will be successful?

Try actually qualifying your statements, rather than name calling in desperation. That action doesn't reflect an accomplished basketball program, it reflects a neglected child.

^_^

As I said before, I'm not a UD alum. I do like seeing your bluster though.
Nomadic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:47 AM   #112 (permalink)
Star
 
MudFlap's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Victory Parkway Xavier University
Posts: 3,906
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Rep Power: 149881
MudFlap has a reputation beyond repute MudFlap has a reputation beyond repute MudFlap has a reputation beyond repute MudFlap has a reputation beyond repute MudFlap has a reputation beyond repute MudFlap has a reputation beyond repute MudFlap has a reputation beyond repute MudFlap has a reputation beyond repute MudFlap has a reputation beyond repute MudFlap has a reputation beyond repute MudFlap has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012-2013 Dayton Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadic1 View Post
Nobody expects to be a sweet sixteen team or better....
I only know that they have tested players and Xavier doesn't....
So you gleaned this info from where? The Iowa game? Good luck with those players.
MudFlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:48 AM   #113 (permalink)
Veteran
 

Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,127
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Rep Power: 23794
njlsufan has much to be proud of njlsufan has much to be proud of njlsufan has much to be proud of njlsufan has much to be proud of njlsufan has much to be proud of njlsufan has much to be proud of njlsufan has much to be proud of njlsufan has much to be proud of njlsufan has much to be proud of njlsufan has much to be proud of njlsufan has much to be proud of
Re: 2012-2013 Dayton Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadic1 View Post
Delusional people believe in something, with no evidence to support it. I've provided plenty to back my opinion with. A depleted roster, no post players of significance and an entirely new back court.
Explain to me sir, how are you not deluded?
What do you have to support the idea, that this specific roster will be successful?

Try actually qualifying your statements, rather than name calling in desperation. That action doesn't reflect an accomplished basketball program, it reflects a neglected child.

^_^

As I said before, I'm not a UD alum. I do like seeing your bluster though.
Bluster comes in many forms. And it seems that your posts are full of them. In the end, all you are stating is your opinion of how UD and X will do, not fact. While I readily admit that I don't have facts either, I will point to recent past history being a good indicator of future success. X has accomplished a lot, UD, very little.

And for the record, I'm not a fan of X, in fact I think some of their posters are quite obnoxious, but when I see silly posts like yours, I feel compelled to reply.
njlsufan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:53 AM   #114 (permalink)
Player
 
Blue Blobster's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 707
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Rep Power: 144834
Blue Blobster has a reputation beyond repute Blue Blobster has a reputation beyond repute Blue Blobster has a reputation beyond repute Blue Blobster has a reputation beyond repute Blue Blobster has a reputation beyond repute Blue Blobster has a reputation beyond repute Blue Blobster has a reputation beyond repute Blue Blobster has a reputation beyond repute Blue Blobster has a reputation beyond repute Blue Blobster has a reputation beyond repute Blue Blobster has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012-2013 Dayton Flyers

But you clearly have something against X. You started this all On a Dayton thread. Which makes you a troll as well. So actually, njlsufan has perfect reason to think that you are another delusional flyer fan.

I have seen semaj live. He was the superior player on the court. I don't let small samplings on Youtube create my opinion. I saw for myself what he can do.


But since you seem to like claiming your not a UD fan (hard to believe with the hard on For X you have) what team are you a fan of? if you say no team it means your even more of a troll here to stir up trouble.
Blue Blobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:27 AM   #115 (permalink)
Rookie
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Nomadic1 has disabled reputation
Re: 2012-2013 Dayton Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudFlap View Post
So you gleaned this info from where? The Iowa game? Good luck with those players.

You do realize a good portion of those players are gone, don't you?
It would seem Xavier fans can't be critical with their own team.


You've got a lot of newbs, adjust your expectations accordingly. A frosh point guard, no depth on the inside, Dee Davis and Dez Wells. I think you recruited a talented power forward, but I can't just presume he'll be good. A freshman is still a freshman.

In contrast, UD has a good point in Dillard, a good 4 in Benson, an okay 5 in Kavannaugh, a talented red shirt sophomore wing in Derenbecker, a 2 with a much better handle than Parker or P. Willie had in Sanford.
In reserves, they have a lot of new kids.

They have the more experienced starting 5, I feel comfortable in saying they'll likely be better.
Nomadic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:34 AM   #116 (permalink)
Rookie
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Nomadic1 has disabled reputation
Re: 2012-2013 Dayton Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by njlsufan View Post
Bluster comes in many forms. And it seems that your posts are full of them. In the end, all you are stating is your opinion of how UD and X will do, not fact.
While I readily admit that I don't have facts either, I will point to recent past history being a good indicator of future success. X has accomplished a lot, UD, very little.
Simply saying they'll be successful, because they'll be successful, is circular reasoning. I do my best to avoid logical fallacies.
Among the newbs is the next David West or Jordan Crawford?
I suppose we'll just have to let them play, to see if I'm right.
If I am, you can all form a line and kiss my ass.
Nomadic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:45 AM   #117 (permalink)
Star
 
MudFlap's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Victory Parkway Xavier University
Posts: 3,906
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Rep Power: 149881
MudFlap has a reputation beyond repute MudFlap has a reputation beyond repute MudFlap has a reputation beyond repute MudFlap has a reputation beyond repute MudFlap has a reputation beyond repute MudFlap has a reputation beyond repute MudFlap has a reputation beyond repute MudFlap has a reputation beyond repute MudFlap has a reputation beyond repute MudFlap has a reputation beyond repute MudFlap has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012-2013 Dayton Flyers

So last year UD had what they were saying was a surefire NBA talent in CJ coming back. Gone. Parker, altho inconsistent, did have 9 ppg. Gone. Dilliard 13 ppg. Kavs basically showed he could play his position once in a while. P Will was pretty useless but did score once in a while. Benson was having a good year bcuz his first step was just quicker than everybody else's. That quickness is not coming back from acl in 10 mos. Derenbacher and Sanford are TOTAL UNKNOWNS, just like you say about the X players. YOU DON'T KNOW if they can play at all. 2/5ths of your starting, no one knows if they can play yet. Sanford could average LESS pts. than he did at G'town. There was a reason he never got on the floor.
MudFlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:05 PM   #118 (permalink)
Rookie
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Nomadic1 has disabled reputation
Re: 2012-2013 Dayton Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudFlap View Post
So last year UD had what they were saying was a surefire NBA talent in CJ coming back. Gone. Parker, altho inconsistent, did have 9 ppg. Gone. Dilliard 13 ppg. Kavs basically showed he could play his position once in a while. P Will was pretty useless but did score once in a while. Benson was having a good year bcuz his first step was just quicker than everybody else's. That quickness is not coming back from acl in 10 mos. Derenbacher and Sanford are TOTAL UNKNOWNS, just like you say about the X players. YOU DON'T KNOW if they can play at all. 2/5ths of your starting, no one knows if they can play yet. Sanford could average LESS pts. than he did at G'town. There was a reason he never got on the floor.
Derenbecker isn't really an unknown, the world watched him play as a frosh. I have a hard time believing he's gone backward, most redshirts improve, rather than worsen.
Safe to say, with his speed, height, handle and outside shooting outside ability, he'll be of great benefit to UD.

Sanford's handle is better than Parkers or Paul Williams' but how many points he'll contribute, is up for debate. A lower level of competition, I think he'll do pretty good, based on what I've seen of him. He's more athletic than your typical A-10 guard.

As for the ACL tear, you are right. The general rule is a year to two years to get back to full speed. That said, 6 months after surgery, you can engage in full activity again.
4 months of preperation, I imagine he'll have rehabbed well enough. I'm guessing, he'll be about 80%. His mobility and feel for the game are important. By the time conference play rolls around, Benson will be pretty good.

As for Kavs, the kid average 9 points 6 boards a game.
He's okay, like I said. Functional, not great. Does Xavier even have functional depth at the 5 spot?
Yet we presume they will, just because?
I'm betting he does better than whatever freshman you put in the post.
Nomadic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:11 PM   #119 (permalink)
All-Star
 
AdamtheFlyer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,117
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Rep Power: 158459
AdamtheFlyer has a reputation beyond repute AdamtheFlyer has a reputation beyond repute AdamtheFlyer has a reputation beyond repute AdamtheFlyer has a reputation beyond repute AdamtheFlyer has a reputation beyond repute AdamtheFlyer has a reputation beyond repute AdamtheFlyer has a reputation beyond repute AdamtheFlyer has a reputation beyond repute AdamtheFlyer has a reputation beyond repute AdamtheFlyer has a reputation beyond repute AdamtheFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012-2013 Dayton Flyers

I think we've evolved past the logic that every newcomer is a complete unknown. Just because you know nothing about him, that doesn't mean he is unknown to everyone. Vee Sanford is going to be a good player for UD, possibly even all-league caliber.

As far as Benson with the ACL, again, it's a virtual non-issue. It was a clean ACL tear with no other damage. The minute the surgeon finished surgery the ACL was repaired, recovery time is about building the muscles in the legs stronger than ever. He's not a player that utilizes cuts, he's a straight line up the floor player, so he's no more or less likely to tear it again. This is 2012, not 1986. Doctors and trainers have gotten pretty good at this, and it isn't a true 2 year recovery cycle anymore. His torn labrum a few years ago was a much bigger injury. He'll be fine.
__________________
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

Last edited by AdamtheFlyer; 05-26-2012 at 12:19 PM.
AdamtheFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 04:00 PM   #120 (permalink)
Moderator
Photobucket
 
FlyingElvis's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Memphis - Dayton - Vegas
Posts: 2,638
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Rep Power: 149623
FlyingElvis has a reputation beyond repute FlyingElvis has a reputation beyond repute FlyingElvis has a reputation beyond repute FlyingElvis has a reputation beyond repute FlyingElvis has a reputation beyond repute FlyingElvis has a reputation beyond repute FlyingElvis has a reputation beyond repute FlyingElvis has a reputation beyond repute FlyingElvis has a reputation beyond repute FlyingElvis has a reputation beyond repute FlyingElvis has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012-2013 Dayton Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadic1 View Post
There's a reason he went to the NBA D league and then got garbage time from golden state, he's an athlete, not a great ball player. Ask him to drive with the ball and let me know what happens.
He had all the potential in the world, he just never really developed as a player. I put it on BG.
BG recruited a top 50 player and the kid is now in the NBA. That doesn't happen with all the top 50 guys, so I would say it's a good return on investment so far.

We do agree that there is a reason that the better Chris Wright is in the NBA and the lesser Chris Wright is playing in a 2000 seat gymnasium in Edirne, Turkey.
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:43 AM.



User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2002 2013 BasketballBoards.net.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1