2012 NBA Draft - Page 5 - Basketball Forum : Professional and College Basketball Forums
BasketballForum.com is the premier basketball Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2012, 11:01 AM   #61 (permalink)
Veteran
 

Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,212
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Re: 2012 NBA Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
Was Chris Johnson at the Combine? I don't see his stats here.

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-...Combine&sort=7
What are you, blind? He's standing right next to it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg combine-harvester.jpg (39.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg ncb_i_cjohnson_200.jpg (32.9 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by njlsufan; 06-21-2012 at 02:09 PM.
njlsufan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-21-2012, 11:06 AM   #62 (permalink)
Banned Member
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,112
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Re: 2012 NBA Draft

Who cares if Chris Johnson's measurements were part of the Combine. We all know NBA scouts really only look at high school stats (oh, and maybe stats from summer leagues).
xavierhoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:27 AM   #63 (permalink)
Player
 
Medford's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Re: 2012 NBA Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace93 View Post
Ha. No way his wingspan is 7'11".
He was measured with his Freddy Krueger gloves on.
Medford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:06 PM   #64 (permalink)
Star
 
A10fan2's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Flagship City
Posts: 2,982
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Re: 2012 NBA Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Waters View Post
How can you have a wingspan of 7'11" and a reach of only 7'9"? I'm 6'2" and can reach 8'. Do his arms not go straight up?

Stats
__________________
Onward and Upward
A10fan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:44 PM   #65 (permalink)
Veteran
 
bprichard's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Shanghai, China
Age: 34
Posts: 1,589
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Re: 2012 NBA Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace93 View Post
Ha. No way his wingspan is 7'11".
That does seem extremely unlikely considering he isn't really 6'6" and he doesn't look like an orangutan.
bprichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:01 PM   #66 (permalink)
Star
 
Bill Russell's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 2,861
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 348 Post(s)
Re: 2012 NBA Draft

Judging from Nicholson's 7'4" wing span, I find it unlikely that Chris Johnson is rocking 7'11". That would easily be the biggest wingspan in the draft. You're probably referring to his standing height with arms over his head.
__________________
www.bonaalumni.com
Bill Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:00 AM   #67 (permalink)
Rookie
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: 2012 NBA Draft

You can't honestly use a draft website's 2nd round projections as a valid argument for anything. The 2nd round is a complete crap shoot.

All it takes is for 1 team to like a player. Every year there are 2nd round "THEY GOT DRAFTED!?!?!" players taken.
mistabeecee41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:05 AM   #68 (permalink)
Star
 
Flyer75's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,781
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Re: 2012 NBA Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistabeecee41 View Post
You can't honestly use a draft website's 2nd round projections as a valid argument for anything. The 2nd round is a complete crap shoot.

All it takes is for 1 team to like a player. Every year there are 2nd round "THEY GOT DRAFTED!?!?!" players taken.
Agree with this...saw a tweet the other day from a draft "expert" basically saying, we know who the first 6 players taken will be, after that, "total bedlam".
Flyer75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:55 AM   #69 (permalink)
All-Star
 
AdamtheFlyer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,294
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Re: 2012 NBA Draft

The top 6 players taken is probably too much to predict. The NBA draft is far and away the most interesting draft in professional sports. So many trades. You can say with near certainty that Anthony Davis will be a Hornet. After that, it will be total bedlam.
__________________
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.
AdamtheFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:50 AM   #70 (permalink)
Proud Jayhawk Dad!
 
z8-Minutemen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 984
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Re: 2012 NBA Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamtheFlyer View Post
The top 6 players taken is probably too much to predict. The NBA draft is far and away the most interesting draft in professional sports. So many trades. You can say with near certainty that Anthony Davis will be a Hornet. After that, it will be total bedlam.
I wouldn't agree. The NFL draft is much more interesting because there are just so many possibilities because of number positions, and so many more trades. But that isn't the main reason.

It's because in the NFL you NEED to hit on your draft picks year and year out to have success. In the NBA, all you need is some money in free agency, and that was proven this year by the Miami Heat winning a title. In the NFL draft there is a lot of pressure whereas in the NBA draft you see none. You sometimes even see teams pass up on great college talent to take some Eurotrash player that the team knows will never play a game in the NBA. They know that this player will never even come to the US in the first place, and they don't care. You know why? Because they want the cap space and open roster spots so that they can go out and sign the top flight free agents, because that's how you win.

All these mocks out there aren't accounting for the numerous Euro players you have never heard of to get picked, and I guarantee you that even in a deep draft such as this, it will still happen throughout the late second round. That's why I see no chance for CJ and Ramone Moore getting drafted, and possibly even Tu. Nicholson is the only A-10 player that we know for sure will get drafted, and that's a damn shame.
__________________
Proud Jayhawk Dad!
z8-Minutemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:00 AM   #71 (permalink)
Veteran
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,029
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 466 Post(s)
Re: 2012 NBA Draft

I don't think Holloway is an NBA player. I'd be surprised if he gets drafted.
SpiderDave19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:40 AM   #72 (permalink)
Star
 
Flyer75's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,781
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Re: 2012 NBA Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by z8-Minutemen View Post
I wouldn't agree. The NFL draft is much more interesting because there are just so many possibilities because of number positions, and so many more trades. But that isn't the main reason.

It's because in the NFL you NEED to hit on your draft picks year and year out to have success. In the NBA, all you need is some money in free agency, and that was proven this year by the Miami Heat winning a title. In the NFL draft there is a lot of pressure whereas in the NBA draft you see none. You sometimes even see teams pass up on great college talent to take some Eurotrash player that the team knows will never play a game in the NBA. They know that this player will never even come to the US in the first place, and they don't care. You know why? Because they want the cap space and open roster spots so that they can go out and sign the top flight free agents, because that's how you win.

All these mocks out there aren't accounting for the numerous Euro players you have never heard of to get picked, and I guarantee you that even in a deep draft such as this, it will still happen throughout the late second round. That's why I see no chance for CJ and Ramone Moore getting drafted, and possibly even Tu. Nicholson is the only A-10 player that we know for sure will get drafted, and that's a damn shame.
Lot's of good points here and for one, the NBA now literally has a minor league system that sometimes works out better for players. It worked out fine for CW (at least for one year, lol). Teams will draft the "Eurotrash" player because it secures their rights to them if they ever decide to come over to America to play so the GM will pass on a Chris Wright knowing full well he still has every opportunity to still land Wright as an undrafted FA. Same with C. Johnson and maybe Tu. If they are good enough for the NBA, they'll get there, it just won't be through the draft.
Flyer75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:55 AM   #73 (permalink)
Veteran
 

Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Valdosta, GA (Title town)
Age: 34
Posts: 2,077
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: 2012 NBA Draft

If Kevin Anderson didn't make it in the nba I doubt Tu will. Tu's value is his clutch cold blooded skills. In the NBA would he even be on the floor in those spots?. He needs to play 35 minutes wherever he plays to really get his value which is his competitiveness. I don't see him being a role player, he is too controlling of a team, which is a double edged sword. I think Lyons might make it because he can come in and score quick without strings attached. Tu is a leader on the court, and you don't do that as 14 on the depth chart.
stophorseabuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:59 PM   #74 (permalink)
Rookie
 
Pete Delkus's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: 2012 NBA Draft

Chris Johnson is 7 feet tall and kills men off the dribble by the hundreds, and if he were here he'd consume the 1st rounders with fireballs from his eyes and bolts of lightning from his ass.
Pete Delkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:54 PM   #75 (permalink)
Rookie
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: 2012 NBA Draft

In defense of the whole "Tu needs to score in order to become effective argument" - he scored because he had to. Ask any X fan. Time after time this season, he tried to do the distributor thing. Wasn't his fault that our bigs can't make layups.

Regardless of whether or not he gets drafted, he will be on a summer league team. Will be fun to watch him run a squad with draft picks and young pros. I think he can prove he can be an effective distributor in that kind of situation.
mistabeecee41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:38 AM.



User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2002 2013 BasketballBoards.net.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1