11/18 A-10 Games - Page 5 - Basketball Forum : Professional and College Basketball Forums
BasketballForum.com is the premier basketball Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2012, 07:08 PM   #61 (permalink)
RF1
Star
 
RF1's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 3,397
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Rep Power: 16708
RF1 has much to be proud of RF1 has much to be proud of RF1 has much to be proud of RF1 has much to be proud of RF1 has much to be proud of RF1 has much to be proud of RF1 has much to be proud of RF1 has much to be proud of RF1 has much to be proud of RF1 has much to be proud of RF1 has much to be proud of
Re: 11/18 A-10 Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Waters View Post
I'm glad I'm not a Rhode Island fan.


Seton Hall 60, Rhode Island 55 (ESPN Play-By-Play)

3:17 left to play in the game: Rhode Island 54, Seton Hall 46.


Ouch!


In the grand scheme of things, this loss means nothing. There will be plenty more losses this season. Rather lose a game this way this year when it has no meaning than in another season when it may.
RF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-18-2012, 07:24 PM   #62 (permalink)
Veteran
 

Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Rep Power: 23794
njlsufan has much to be proud of njlsufan has much to be proud of njlsufan has much to be proud of njlsufan has much to be proud of njlsufan has much to be proud of njlsufan has much to be proud of njlsufan has much to be proud of njlsufan has much to be proud of njlsufan has much to be proud of njlsufan has much to be proud of njlsufan has much to be proud of
Re: 11/18 A-10 Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by xudash View Post
YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS!!!!!!!

Central CT State!

Please help me understand how anyone here should continue to have patience for LaSalle in this league. I'm sorry. This isn't personal. I just want to know how - year in and year out - this happens. Keep in mind there are two standards for this, IMO:
  1. In the event you can't make it to post-season play (the NCAA Tournament really), please win in your OOC to help the league; and
  2. Participate in the NCAA Tournament to increase league prestige and contribute to it financially.

I don't care that it's one game, because it happens every year. And here it is, happening again.
Big shocker that you posted this. You are relentless. And of course in your mind you are always justified. I just can't wait for the first choke job game X has against a lousy team (and it will happen). I'll be happy to be all over you.
njlsufan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:44 PM   #63 (permalink)
Player
 
spider23's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 817
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Rep Power: 3927
spider23 is a name known to all spider23 is a name known to all spider23 is a name known to all spider23 is a name known to all spider23 is a name known to all spider23 is a name known to all spider23 is a name known to all spider23 is a name known to all spider23 is a name known to all spider23 is a name known to all spider23 is a name known to all
Re: 11/18 A-10 Games

I will say this, Kyle Vinales from CCSU is a very very legit guard. IMO would be starting for quite a few A10 squads. Saw him in summer league and he was the best on the floor including former URI star and some a couple big east players. Tough night for the A10. I went to the first half of the URI game and they looked in control. They looked very good on D.
spider23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:50 PM   #64 (permalink)
Veteran
 
xudash's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,355
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Rep Power: 39490
xudash has much to be proud of xudash has much to be proud of xudash has much to be proud of xudash has much to be proud of xudash has much to be proud of xudash has much to be proud of xudash has much to be proud of xudash has much to be proud of xudash has much to be proud of xudash has much to be proud of xudash has much to be proud of
Re: 11/18 A-10 Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by njlsufan View Post
Big shocker that you posted this. You are relentless. And of course in your mind you are always justified. I just can't wait for the first choke job game X has against a lousy team (and it will happen). I'll be happy to be all over you.
Knock yourself out. I said it wasn't personal, but you always take it that way.

So, you go ahead and be all over me when Xavier loses one it isn't supposed to lose. Because we both know that LaSalle's resume stacks up equally to Xavier's resume in this league. We have no wiggle room in all this, just like LaSalle. Yeah, right.

It isn't about me being relentless. Did you not bother to read the other less-than-complimentary posts aimed at LaSalle, regarding this ridiculous loss. What it is about is LaSalle FAILING YET AGAIN, AND EARLY - - AGAIN.

LaSalle NCAA Units since joining the A10: what is that tally? Yep, you go ahead and let me have it once Xavier loses one it shouldn't lose. Oh, wait a minute. We were already supposed to have lost by now, yet we're 3-0.

If you want to be mad about reactions like this, go ahead. Frankly, I'm sure as a proud alumnus of LaSalle this stuff drives you crazy. But let me assure you that fans of other schools in this league are driven more crazy than you having to put up with LaSalle's ineptitude YEAR IN AND YEAR OUT.

You can be mad all you want to be, but LaSalle has no standing here until it begins to actually contribute to this league.
xudash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:54 PM   #65 (permalink)
Veteran
 

Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Rep Power: 23794
njlsufan has much to be proud of njlsufan has much to be proud of njlsufan has much to be proud of njlsufan has much to be proud of njlsufan has much to be proud of njlsufan has much to be proud of njlsufan has much to be proud of njlsufan has much to be proud of njlsufan has much to be proud of njlsufan has much to be proud of njlsufan has much to be proud of
Re: 11/18 A-10 Games

Yeah I did bother reading the other less than complimentary posts on here. I always read all of it. And you know what? La Salle sh*t the bed big time and there's no denying it. But there's also no denying that every chance you get you just love to step in and tear down La Salle. You're like clockwork. You say it's not personal, but you can never help yourself from throwing fuel on the fire. THAT's what I have a problem with.
njlsufan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:38 PM   #66 (permalink)
Veteran
 
xudash's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,355
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Rep Power: 39490
xudash has much to be proud of xudash has much to be proud of xudash has much to be proud of xudash has much to be proud of xudash has much to be proud of xudash has much to be proud of xudash has much to be proud of xudash has much to be proud of xudash has much to be proud of xudash has much to be proud of xudash has much to be proud of
Re: 11/18 A-10 Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by njlsufan View Post
Yeah I did bother reading the other less than complimentary posts on here. I always read all of it. And you know what? La Salle sh*t the bed big time and there's no denying it. But there's also no denying that every chance you get you just love to step in and tear down La Salle. You're like clockwork. You say it's not personal, but you can never help yourself from throwing fuel on the fire. THAT's what I have a problem with.
That's your perception.

It may look that way to you. But, believe me, I don't take the time to tear down LaSalle every chance I have for doing that, because I don't have the desire or time for doing that. It isn't pleasurable to watch or learn of a conference mate losing in the OOC, regardless of which program is involved (I don't even think that way when Dayton is involved, even though this board is populated by a few ultra-douchebag Dayton fans).

I'm sorry you have to go through what you have to go through as a fan of a program that once truly witnessed great days. I really am.

I saw the loss.

I saw who the loss was to.

I looked at the calendar.

And I reacted.

You need to understand - I'm sure you do - that while a program can control much of its own fate, the schools to which it ties itself in a conference affiliation has some effect on it. That comes in the form of both money and perception. It is an absolute fact that LaSalle has NEVER carried its weight in this conference since joining it. That is frustrating. There is no getting around that, for you or for me or anyone else around here who gives a sh!t. On that note, you can't possibly believe that I'm the only one that feels this way around here. I just happen to post about it, but not every opportunity I otherwise have for doing that, contrary to your above accusation.

I believe the performance issue - in general, not just in LaSalle's case - is more pronounced than ever. Now more than ever, this conference needs to position itself strongly if it wants to survive the realignment process. I try to watch that closely. This football realignment business will most likely affect us, because it absolutely is going to deliver the destruction of the BE conference as we've all known it. The BE was already near terminal status, but this weekend's news, coupled with the BE losing its BCS conference status when the new BCS contract engages, will seriously damage its ability to negotiate a meaningful TV deal and retain a membership mix that will be sustainable in its current hybrid format.

You seem to be a reasonable poster, except for when you and I go at it over me posting about LaSalle. How's this: it's early, so we'll see what goes from here. I'll get back to my preoccupation with conference realignment, and watching whether or not Xavier can navigate what otherwise is supposed to be its first off-season in many years.
xudash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:50 PM   #67 (permalink)
Veteran
 

Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Rep Power: 23794
njlsufan has much to be proud of njlsufan has much to be proud of njlsufan has much to be proud of njlsufan has much to be proud of njlsufan has much to be proud of njlsufan has much to be proud of njlsufan has much to be proud of njlsufan has much to be proud of njlsufan has much to be proud of njlsufan has much to be proud of njlsufan has much to be proud of
Re: 11/18 A-10 Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by xudash View Post
That's your perception.

It may look that way to you. But, believe me, I don't take the time to tear down LaSalle every chance I have for doing that, because I don't have the desire or time for doing that. It isn't pleasurable to watch or learn of a conference mate losing in the OOC, regardless of which program is involved (I don't even think that way when Dayton is involved, even though this board is populated by a few ultra-douchebag Dayton fans).

I'm sorry you have to go through what you have to go through as a fan of a program that once truly witnessed great days. I really am.

I saw the loss.

I saw who the loss was to.

I looked at the calendar.

And I reacted.

You need to understand - I'm sure you do - that while a program can control much of its own fate, the schools to which it ties itself in a conference affiliation has some effect on it. That comes in the form of both money and perception. It is an absolute fact that LaSalle has NEVER carried its weight in this conference since joining it. That is frustrating. There is no getting around that, for you or for me or anyone else around here who gives a sh!t. On that note, you can't possibly believe that I'm the only one that feels this way around here. I just happen to post about it, but not every opportunity I otherwise have for doing that, contrary to your above accusation.

I believe the performance issue - in general, not just in LaSalle's case - is more pronounced than ever. Now more than ever, this conference needs to position itself strongly if it wants to survive the realignment process. I try to watch that closely. This football realignment business will most likely affect us, because it absolutely is going to deliver the destruction of the BE conference as we've all known it. The BE was already near terminal status, but this weekend's news, coupled with the BE losing its BCS conference status when the new BCS contract engages, will seriously damage its ability to negotiate a meaningful TV deal and retain a membership mix that will be sustainable in its current hybrid format.

You seem to be a reasonable poster, except for when you and I go at it over me posting about LaSalle. How's this: it's early, so we'll see what goes from here. I'll get back to my preoccupation with conference realignment, and watching whether or not Xavier can navigate what otherwise is supposed to be its first off-season in many years.
I need to understand? Seriously? Do I really? Do you even realize how pompous you sound by posting what you just did? Of course you don't because you're so full of yourself and your program that you, the wise and all knowing self appointed guardian of the league are going to preach to the unwashed what our role in life is. Oh thank you big brother for enlightening me. I would have never, ever figured out what La Salle's problems were without you. Get a grip on yourself for god sakes.
njlsufan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:28 PM   #68 (permalink)
Benchwarmer
 
Always La Salle's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Always La Salle can only hope to improve Always La Salle can only hope to improve Always La Salle can only hope to improve Always La Salle can only hope to improve Always La Salle can only hope to improve Always La Salle can only hope to improve Always La Salle can only hope to improve Always La Salle can only hope to improve Always La Salle can only hope to improve Always La Salle can only hope to improve
Re: 11/18 A-10 Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by njlsufan View Post
Yeah I did bother reading the other less than complimentary posts on here. I always read all of it. And you know what? La Salle sh*t the bed big time and there's no denying it. But there's also no denying that every chance you get you just love to step in and tear down La Salle. You're like clockwork. You say it's not personal, but you can never help yourself from throwing fuel on the fire. THAT's what I have a problem with.
Xidash behaves much like Pavlov's Dog whenever La Salle screws up. He must have been shot down big time by a former girlfriend who was a La Salle co-ed.

With proper therapy and the right cocktail of meds he should recover.

In the meantime, pray for his suffering!
__________________
I give superficial a bad name
Always La Salle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:55 PM   #69 (permalink)
Star
 
JHG722's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Wynnewood, PA/Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,673
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Rep Power: 6197
JHG722 is a splendid one to behold JHG722 is a splendid one to behold JHG722 is a splendid one to behold JHG722 is a splendid one to behold JHG722 is a splendid one to behold JHG722 is a splendid one to behold JHG722 is a splendid one to behold JHG722 is a splendid one to behold JHG722 is a splendid one to behold JHG722 is a splendid one to behold JHG722 is a splendid one to behold
Re: 11/18 A-10 Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always La Salle View Post
He must have been shot down big time by a former girlfriend who was a La Salle co-ed.
No way.
__________________
Temple Owls football and basketball

BU Terriers hockey
JHG722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:02 PM   #70 (permalink)
Veteran
 
ace93's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,921
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Rep Power: 84419
ace93 has a brilliant future ace93 has a brilliant future ace93 has a brilliant future ace93 has a brilliant future ace93 has a brilliant future ace93 has a brilliant future ace93 has a brilliant future ace93 has a brilliant future ace93 has a brilliant future ace93 has a brilliant future ace93 has a brilliant future
Re: 11/18 A-10 Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
No way.
Hey now, my sister went to La Salle. Don't knock an entire population based n an average. You do go to Temple after all. (and that's not a comment on your looks)
ace93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:14 PM   #71 (permalink)
Star
 
JHG722's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Wynnewood, PA/Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,673
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Rep Power: 6197
JHG722 is a splendid one to behold JHG722 is a splendid one to behold JHG722 is a splendid one to behold JHG722 is a splendid one to behold JHG722 is a splendid one to behold JHG722 is a splendid one to behold JHG722 is a splendid one to behold JHG722 is a splendid one to behold JHG722 is a splendid one to behold JHG722 is a splendid one to behold JHG722 is a splendid one to behold
Re: 11/18 A-10 Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace93 View Post
You do go to Temple after all. (and that's not a comment on your looks)
And?
__________________
Temple Owls football and basketball

BU Terriers hockey
JHG722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:19 PM   #72 (permalink)
Veteran
 
ace93's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,921
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Rep Power: 84419
ace93 has a brilliant future ace93 has a brilliant future ace93 has a brilliant future ace93 has a brilliant future ace93 has a brilliant future ace93 has a brilliant future ace93 has a brilliant future ace93 has a brilliant future ace93 has a brilliant future ace93 has a brilliant future ace93 has a brilliant future
Re: 11/18 A-10 Games

False assumptions based on misperceptions. If you can't figure it out perhaps you are part of the basis for the misperceptions.
ace93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:31 PM   #73 (permalink)
Star
 
JHG722's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Wynnewood, PA/Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,673
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Rep Power: 6197
JHG722 is a splendid one to behold JHG722 is a splendid one to behold JHG722 is a splendid one to behold JHG722 is a splendid one to behold JHG722 is a splendid one to behold JHG722 is a splendid one to behold JHG722 is a splendid one to behold JHG722 is a splendid one to behold JHG722 is a splendid one to behold JHG722 is a splendid one to behold JHG722 is a splendid one to behold
Re: 11/18 A-10 Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace93 View Post
False assumptions based on misperceptions. If you can't figure it out perhaps you are part of the basis for the misperceptions.
I'm not sure what the false perception about us is, but feel free to tell me.
__________________
Temple Owls football and basketball

BU Terriers hockey
JHG722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:59 AM   #74 (permalink)
Veteran
 
bprichard's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Shanghai, China
Age: 34
Posts: 1,526
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Rep Power: 211770
bprichard has a reputation beyond repute bprichard has a reputation beyond repute bprichard has a reputation beyond repute bprichard has a reputation beyond repute bprichard has a reputation beyond repute bprichard has a reputation beyond repute bprichard has a reputation beyond repute bprichard has a reputation beyond repute bprichard has a reputation beyond repute bprichard has a reputation beyond repute bprichard has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 11/18 A-10 Games

Did anyone catch the episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia from two weeks ago? In it, Dennis disparaged the psychologist they were visiting because her degree was from LaSalle. Poor LaSalle people can't catch a break.
bprichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:35 AM   #75 (permalink)
Benchwarmer
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 2600
rove02 is a name known to all rove02 is a name known to all rove02 is a name known to all rove02 is a name known to all rove02 is a name known to all rove02 is a name known to all rove02 is a name known to all rove02 is a name known to all rove02 is a name known to all rove02 is a name known to all rove02 is a name known to all
Re: 11/18 A-10 Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by bprichard View Post
Did anyone catch the episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia from two weeks ago? In it, Dennis disparaged the psychologist they were visiting because her degree was from LaSalle. Poor LaSalle people can't catch a break.
Yea I thought that was pretty funny when they said she went to LaSalle. Great show.
rove02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:50 AM.



User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2002 2013 BasketballBoards.net.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1