2/20 A-10 Games - Page 8 - Basketball Forum : Professional and College Basketball Forums
BasketballForum.com is the premier basketball Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 10:28 PM   #106 (permalink)
Benchwarmer
 
commie21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 112
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Re: 2/20 A-10 Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktabz16 View Post
vinson was looking for a pass while getting mugged.

conger hadn't stopped moving when he went to the floor, an argument can be made for travelling as well. video showed his elbow ended up out of bounds so there is no way a timeout could be awarded there.
If Vinson didn't have his elbows out at all I'm wondering why they are close to Mosley's face? Watch the replay objectively, the defense had cleared minus Mosley who was merely standing close when Vinson makes a clear out motion. He's got a foot on Mosley, it's totally unecessary. Why don't you object to the fact that you got 2 points by the refs not calling anything, allowing you to score, and then going to the monitor after the fact.

Please show me the video that you have of Conger's left elbow because the feed only shows Conger's right side where he's completely in bounds. Even the announcers discussed that you couldn't tell either way. The ref, in correct position on the baseline, is shielded completely from this, it's just a bad luck moment for Umass. For dominating the glass the entire game, grabbing a rebound there makes this a moot point. I won't even address the travel because that's just an absurd argument.
commie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-20-2013, 11:14 PM   #107 (permalink)
Veteran
 
ace93's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,068
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Re: 2/20 A-10 Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdance View Post
Another thing that bothers me is Fordham. I want to see them in the top half of the league, for the sake of their die hard fans around here. Pretty much everyone else has had at least a taste by now. Come on Fordham, my liver won't last forever!
Your liver? How about my liver? Got back from DC a bit ago and I see the DVR is recording something, it ends up being the tape delay of the game on YES. Of course I have to have a drink to watch the crap I witnessed in person. What has shocked me so far as that with such a small crowed, my voice has not made it through on TV yet.

Last edited by ace93; 02-20-2013 at 11:24 PM.
ace93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:57 PM   #108 (permalink)
Player
 
moss2k's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Winston-Salem
Posts: 589
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: 2/20 A-10 Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktabz16 View Post
oh and one more foul on cady lalanne would have meant everyone over 6'5 (save little used frosh tyler bergantino) for umass would have fouled out and we would have finished with 4 players. no one could have won in olean tonight with those refs.
Charlotte fans know this story all to well: http://statsheet.com/mcb/games/2011/...bonaventure-92

28 fouls on Charlotte, 12 on SBU in that game. I don't think what happens in Olean can be called home cooking.
__________________
Charlotte 49ers message board
moss2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:58 PM   #109 (permalink)
Star
 
Bill Russell's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 2,916
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 374 Post(s)
Re: 2/20 A-10 Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss2k View Post
Charlotte fans know this story all to well: http://statsheet.com/mcb/games/2011/...bonaventure-92

28 fouls on Charlotte, 12 on SBU in that game. I don't think what happens in Olean can be called home cooking.
You watch the game tonight, bruh?
__________________
www.bonaalumni.com
Bill Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:59 PM   #110 (permalink)
Player
 
moss2k's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Winston-Salem
Posts: 589
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: 2/20 A-10 Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by A10BBall View Post
Well I guess that eliminates another team for a possible at large bid in the NCAA...

So the hope is for Butler, VCU, STL and La Salle (or the school that UMASS, Dayton and Xavier fans want to cut) to hold to their current spots which seem to be safely in barring any bad losses...

And Temple to get back into the field with a win over a Top 50 A-10 team or two (like La Salle and VCU)..

That gets the A-10 to 5 bids and a nice amount of NCAA credits... maybe 10? 12?

Heck 2 teams to the Sweet Sixteen get the conference 6 credits alone.. and with possibly 5 bids in that becomes a strong possibility...
Charlotte is still in some brackets, just not Lunardi's. We're on the bubble, a win over Temple on Sunday can go a long way for us.
__________________
Charlotte 49ers message board
moss2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:20 AM   #111 (permalink)
Star
 
ktabz16's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,838
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Re: 2/20 A-10 Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by WLK View Post
Interesting stat till you realize that the other SBU games he reffed. Niagara is closer to Rochester than Olean. That game was played in Rochester. Cornell was at Cornell. Ithaca is about the same distance from Rochester as Olean. Siena from Albany is a liitle bit further away but that game SBU won fairly easily. Your ranting about the reffing on the UMASS board was epic. The stat I liked was that before you had to foul at the end fouls were 25-20 not that much of a difference. You are making Explorer Steve look very rational.


went back 4 years and bona has never failed to cover when jeff anderson refs. 8-0 ats. 7-1 overall with a 2 point squeaker at slu as the lone blemish. inexplicable.
__________________
we don't suck
ktabz16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:26 AM   #112 (permalink)
Star
 
ktabz16's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,838
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Re: 2/20 A-10 Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by commie21 View Post
If Vinson didn't have his elbows out at all I'm wondering why they are close to Mosley's face? Watch the replay objectively, the defense had cleared minus Mosley who was merely standing close when Vinson makes a clear out motion. He's got a foot on Mosley, it's totally unecessary. Why don't you object to the fact that you got 2 points by the refs not calling anything, allowing you to score, and then going to the monitor after the fact.

Please show me the video that you have of Conger's left elbow because the feed only shows Conger's right side where he's completely in bounds. Even the announcers discussed that you couldn't tell either way. The ref, in correct position on the baseline, is shielded completely from this, it's just a bad luck moment for Umass. For dominating the glass the entire game, grabbing a rebound there makes this a moot point. I won't even address the travel because that's just an absurd argument.
vinson was doubled and he was getting mugged. there was certainly 1000 times more contact on that play than the very next foul called that fouled out our 3rd player sampson carter. thats how vinson's elbow got so close to his face, mosley put it there when he pseudo bear hugged our rebounder.

there was a shot from the baseline that they quickly cut away from that showed his elbow out of bounds as he was standing up. his momentum was clearly taking him out of bounds and a timeout should not have been allowed. the reason we didn't get the rebound is 3 of our big men had fouled out by that point.
__________________
we don't suck
ktabz16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:28 AM   #113 (permalink)
Veteran
 
bdance's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Eastern Massachusetts
Age: 55
Posts: 1,445
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Re: 2/20 A-10 Games

Uh-oh. Missed everything, including the score as I type this. When the very first thing you read is kbatz bellyaching about the refs you know it can't be good. This gets the Bonnies that much closer to Brooklyn. The Minutemen? Eh, they've never been more than an NIT team anyway, but they better get it together pronto, or even that's not happening.
bdance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:52 AM   #114 (permalink)
res
Veteran
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,695
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Re: 2/20 A-10 Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktabz16 View Post
went back 4 years and bona has never failed to cover when jeff anderson refs. 8-0 ats. 7-1 overall with a 2 point squeaker at slu as the lone blemish. inexplicable.
You should create the website UMass-Minutemen.com. Steve will help you get started.
res is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:59 AM   #115 (permalink)
Star
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Westchester County, NY
Posts: 3,849
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 364 Post(s)
Re: 2/20 A-10 Games

Well, as we all know, the only way the high and mighty Minutemen could possibly lose to the lowly Bonnies is with the help of the officials.
__________________
Bona84
Bona84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:05 AM   #116 (permalink)
6th Man
 
Bona03's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 401
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Re: 2/20 A-10 Games

I have been reading this board for a long time now but I finally have to chime in after this whining garbage Ktabz is spewing. Where to begin? You clearly dont know a damn thing about how a basketball game is refereed. Vinson committed a foul. He swung his elbows and that is a no-no. You say his elbows werent out, that is wrong, they were. He turned and swung his elbow, nothing to debate there. Ndoye got called for the same thing Sat night at UR and nobody had an issue with it. Im also curious to where he was bear hugged? Get over it. In today's game you cannot do that, its a Flagrant 1 every time. I noticed you didnt complain about getting 2 free pts out of the ordeal? Why is that?

Now, your comments on Jeff Anderson are just flat out stupid. He is one of my peers and a stand up guy, the best we have. If you think for one second he gives a crap about who wins or covers a game he officiates then you are out of your tree. Look at the games he did this year, all against weaker opponents from lower conferences. There is a reason he officiates in the NCAA tournament. Nobody knows whether or not Conger's elbow was out of bounds, its an unfortunate area to try to cover. With the C being all the way on the other side of the court, the corner is exposed. You first whined how it was a travel which is ridiculous. You are allowed to go to the floor to recover a loose ball, you can slide 50 feet and its legal. Youre nothing but a blow hard sore loser. The foul counts were close and frankly, UMass committed a lot of dumb off the ball fouls. Push offs on rebounds being a few that stick out in my memory.

Your gripe about Esho fouling Mosley are also wrong. Just because he didnt leave his feet, doesnt mean he didnt commit a foul. As a defender, you have your verticality all the way to the heavens from the floor but as soon as you lean forward even an inch, you have breached that plane and have fouled the player. Its simple really. An expert such as yourself should know this right?

GO BONAS
Bona03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:06 AM   #117 (permalink)
res
Veteran
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,695
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Re: 2/20 A-10 Games

'91, did you see Satalin at the game? That's the usual sign that the fix is in.
res is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:18 AM   #118 (permalink)
6th Man
 
Bona91's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Salamanca, NY
Age: 46
Posts: 363
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Re: 2/20 A-10 Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by res View Post
'91, did you see Satalin at the game? That's the usual sign that the fix is in.
I'm not allowed to say. He's still ducking the A10 collections people because he hasn't paid up from the time he was fired and fined.
Bona91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:20 AM   #119 (permalink)
Veteran
 
bdance's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Eastern Massachusetts
Age: 55
Posts: 1,445
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Re: 2/20 A-10 Games

Well I'm all caught up via espn.go.com. Bummed I missed it, I love me a good defensive battle. Cough. Congrats Bonnies, sounds like you beat UMass at their own game.

And I'm at least half a man res, I have been dribbling a bit of vermouth into my martinis all along. Not sure I want to go the full monty, besides my new wife wears the pants anyway.
bdance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:23 AM   #120 (permalink)
Veteran
 
Knobby's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Western Mass
Posts: 2,349
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Re: 2/20 A-10 Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
Yo z8, where you at?
Generally he sequesters himself in the same basement in Western Illinois that one Dayton Poster burries himself after a Dayton no-show at the Cintas...
__________________
Well, we were smaller, but at least we were slower!
Knobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:43 AM.



User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2002 2013 BasketballBoards.net.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1