2017-2018 Richmond Spiders - Page 3 - Basketball Forum : Professional and College Basketball Forums
BasketballForum.com is the premier basketball Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

Like Tree7Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2017, 06:02 AM   #31 (permalink)
Piker
 
AlienAiden's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: RVA
Posts: 6,314
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2725 Post(s)
Re: 2017-2018 Richmond Spiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Russell View Post
What happened to the supposed grad transfer that UR was likely getting? Was it the Princeton kid who wound up at Iowa State?
This is the most recent article about their search for a grad transfer......

Spiders narrow search for graduate transfer

If all goes as planned, the University of Richmond will soon add a graduate transfer in basketball, and none other than interior players need apply.

Jordan Madrid-Andrews, a 6-foot-8 graduate of Chicago State, has a diverse hoops background and an interest in the Spiders, who he recently visited. Madrid-Andrews, a Denver resident, played the 2015-16 season at Chicago State and averaged 3.8 points and 3.6 rebounds. He started 12 games for the Western Athletic Conference member.

He did not play last season because of injuries suffered in a July car accident. Prior to his time at Chicago State, Madrid-Andrews played a season at Umpqua (Oregon) Community College and a season at Butler (Kansas) Community College.

http://www.richmond.com/sports/ur-ba...5f48ef202.html
__________________
"Left hand, right hand, it doesnt matter. I'm amphibious!" ~Charles Shackleford
Rest in Peace
AlienAiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-19-2017, 06:11 AM   #32 (permalink)
All-Star
 
Bill Russell's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 5,015
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1579 Post(s)
Re: 2017-2018 Richmond Spiders

A guy averaging 4 and 4 at Chicago State? That would be... underwhelming.
Bill Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 06:35 AM   #33 (permalink)
Piker
 
AlienAiden's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: RVA
Posts: 6,314
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2725 Post(s)
Re: 2017-2018 Richmond Spiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Russell View Post
A guy averaging 4 and 4 at Chicago State? That would be... underwhelming.
They have really good guards with Fore, Sherod and Buckingham. I do not need them getting Kareem Abdul-Jabbar to compliment those guys.
__________________
"Left hand, right hand, it doesnt matter. I'm amphibious!" ~Charles Shackleford
Rest in Peace
AlienAiden is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 06-19-2017, 06:52 AM   #34 (permalink)
Veteran
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,044
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 481 Post(s)
Re: 2017-2018 Richmond Spiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Russell View Post
What happened to the supposed grad transfer that UR was likely getting? Was it the Princeton kid who wound up at Iowa State?
Yes. His recruiting picked up and he ended up going P5. I think Richmond would have been pretty good with him, a good passing and scoring big man to ease the loss of TJ Cline. Without him there are essentially no returning front court players with college experience for Richmond, it will be interesting to see what happens.
__________________
2013 A10 contest champion and 2015 A10 contest co-champion, my greatest achievement in life. (3rd in 2016, 4th in 2014)
mm4cc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 09:44 AM   #35 (permalink)
Player
 
SFspidur's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 519
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Re: 2017-2018 Richmond Spiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4cc View Post
Yes. His recruiting picked up and he ended up going P5. I think Richmond would have been pretty good with him, a good passing and scoring big man to ease the loss of TJ Cline. Without him there are essentially no returning front court players with college experience for Richmond, it will be interesting to see what happens.
We're definitely thin up front, which is why we're willing to take just about any grad transfer big man who will say yes and who can make it through admissions. Seemed like we were in the driver's seat for Brase, but then things blew up and he went to Iowa State. Too bad, would have been a great fit. We were also involved with Anthony out of Seton Hall, but he's headed to the Billikens.

Hard to replace Cline, but Golden is reportedly back up to full speed and working really hard. We're excited about his future. Hearing great thing about Stansbury as well, so we're hopeful they can step up. Have yet to see much out of Friendshuh. Couple of incoming frosh may also contribute up front, but can't count on much from them until they get time under their belts.

I'm sure we'll also see some four-guard lineups. Fore, Buck, and Sherod will get all the minutes they can handle. Johnson will get some minutes, and we're really excited about Gilyard, incoming PG from KC.
SFspidur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 11:51 AM   #36 (permalink)
Veteran
 
urmite's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,936
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 571 Post(s)
Re: 2017-2018 Richmond Spiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFspidur View Post
We're definitely thin up front, which is why we're willing to take just about any grad transfer big man who will say yes and who can make it through admissions. Seemed like we were in the driver's seat for Brase, but then things blew up and he went to Iowa State. Too bad, would have been a great fit. We were also involved with Anthony out of Seton Hall, but he's headed to the Billikens.

Hard to replace Cline, but Golden is reportedly back up to full speed and working really hard. We're excited about his future. Hearing great thing about Stansbury as well, so we're hopeful they can step up. Have yet to see much out of Friendshuh. Couple of incoming frosh may also contribute up front, but can't count on much from them until they get time under their belts.

I'm sure we'll also see some four-guard lineups. Fore, Buck, and Sherod will get all the minutes they can handle. Johnson will get some minutes, and we're really excited about Gilyard, incoming PG from KC.
Was hoping Cayo would be 1 of the 15 for FIBA U19, but not listed including alternates.
http://www.basketball.ca/en/news-art...team-announced
urmite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 12:14 PM   #37 (permalink)
Veteran
 
urmite's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,936
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 571 Post(s)
Re: 2017-2018 Richmond Spiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4cc View Post
Yes. His recruiting picked up and he ended up going P5. I think Richmond would have been pretty good with him, a good passing and scoring big man to ease the loss of TJ Cline. Without him there are essentially no returning front court players with college experience for Richmond, it will be interesting to see what happens.
We have 114 career minutes from players over 6'4". So I suppose that is...minimal?
urmite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 12:23 PM   #38 (permalink)
Star
 
paulxu's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 4,620
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1321 Post(s)
Re: 2017-2018 Richmond Spiders

We're going to play that new 3 on 3 ball this year.
So you other guys, rest your big men. No one over 6'6" allowed on the court.
The Fayers will love it; will be preseason favorites.
__________________
...he went up late, and I was already up there.
paulxu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:12 AM.



User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2002 2013 BasketballBoards.net.
 

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1