Jeans/Denim - Page 8 - Basketball Forum : Professional and College Basketball Forums
BasketballForum.com is the premier basketball Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2012, 12:55 AM   #106 (permalink)
Legend
 

Join Date: May 2003
Location: Far Away
Age: 31
Posts: 16,997
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Re: Jeans/Denim

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Star View Post
It's amazing to haven't succumbed to semin overdose, yes.
Wouldn't want to overdose on "semin". It's not about "my ass looks great in these pants" it's about looking like someone who's put together and not a slob. I assume you have the "straight guy uniform" in Edmonton, perhaps you wear it, but just about everywhere you see all the generic guys wearing their too baggy jeans and a button down or polo shirt that they might as well be swimming in. Oh, and dirty sneakers. And frequently a ball cap. It's not a good look, it's never been a good look. These guys are bland and boring, hold their beers up at their chest as a physical barrier between them and other people. Guys talk all the time about getting laid, but the truth is that the average guy has 3 or fewer lifetime partners and this guy that I just briefly profiled is that average guy. He conforms to the "straight guy uniform", but he's conforming to something that doesn't help him in any aspect of life; all he's doing is keeping people like R-Star from calling him a queer, which is mostly non-existant in real life unless you're wearing skinny jeans and a feather boa.

Maybe R-Star doesn't care about not looking like a slob or getting girls because he's married and completely satisfied with that. Fair play to you. But you don't judge everyone else by the atrophying married guy standard.
Nimreitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-15-2012, 01:01 AM   #107 (permalink)
Legend
 

Join Date: May 2003
Location: Far Away
Age: 31
Posts: 16,997
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Re: Jeans/Denim

I saw Dr. No the other night. Connery represents Savile Row. What a homo.
Nimreitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:08 AM   #108 (permalink)
Cat Launcher
 
seifer0406's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Hsinchu, Taiwan
Age: 31
Posts: 9,405
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Re: Jeans/Denim

When you go number 2 do you ever imagine your fecal matter going the other direction?
__________________

seifer0406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:37 AM   #109 (permalink)
Moderator
Photobucket
 
Porn Player's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Jolly Ingerland..
Age: 26
Posts: 30,483
Mentioned: 186 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 881 Post(s)
Re: Jeans/Denim

Quote:
Originally Posted by seifer0406 View Post
When you go number 2 do you ever imagine your fecal matter going the other direction?
If Nim wants to mull over of the demise of Kurt Cobain while dropping a deuce who cares?
__________________
Porn Player is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:39 AM   #110 (permalink)
Moderator
Photobucket
 
Porn Player's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Jolly Ingerland..
Age: 26
Posts: 30,483
Mentioned: 186 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 881 Post(s)
Re: Jeans/Denim

Also, R-Star has no leg to stand on in this thread. He had an avy up with him rocking a backwards cap and a Hockey jersey. That is simply unacceptable past your early teenage years. And if it wasn't for the backwards cap, we would have seen the receeding hairline, so we know you're no longer 14 years old.
__________________
Porn Player is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:47 AM   #111 (permalink)
BBB.net archivist
Photobucket
 
Jamel Irief's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2002
Location: SoCal
Age: 97
Posts: 24,957
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1757 Post(s)
Re: Jeans/Denim

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Star View Post
Jeans don't fit unless you buy snobby expensive pairs? Maybe they make them different right?

"these jeans only cost $70. Use the cheap blueprints that make them fit wrong."

You silly, silly idiots. Two things:

A)I don't look at how much my jeans cost when I buy them because...
B)no one in this thread makes as much money as me.
Again, I don't really rock jeans but next time you are buying yours see how many 32 by 36s you see in the shelf.
__________________
Jamel Irief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:19 AM   #112 (permalink)
Cat Launcher
 
seifer0406's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Hsinchu, Taiwan
Age: 31
Posts: 9,405
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Re: Jeans/Denim

It is extremely rare that I agree with R-star but this is one of those times. When men buy pants they just buy pants. You're there counting the number of washes until those jeans conform to your curves. I can already imagine you doing some high-pitch screaming if someone ever spill ketchup on you.
__________________

seifer0406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:56 AM   #113 (permalink)
King of the Interwebz!
Photobucket
 
R-Star's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Clive
Age: 32
Posts: 44,687
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2523 Post(s)
Re: Jeans/Denim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimreitz View Post
Wouldn't want to overdose on "semin". It's not about "my ass looks great in these pants" it's about looking like someone who's put together and not a slob. I assume you have the "straight guy uniform" in Edmonton, perhaps you wear it, but just about everywhere you see all the generic guys wearing their too baggy jeans and a button down or polo shirt that they might as well be swimming in. Oh, and dirty sneakers. And frequently a ball cap. It's not a good look, it's never been a good look. These guys are bland and boring, hold their beers up at their chest as a physical barrier between them and other people. Guys talk all the time about getting laid, but the truth is that the average guy has 3 or fewer lifetime partners and this guy that I just briefly profiled is that average guy. He conforms to the "straight guy uniform", but he's conforming to something that doesn't help him in any aspect of life; all he's doing is keeping people like R-Star from calling him a queer, which is mostly non-existant in real life unless you're wearing skinny jeans and a feather boa.

Maybe R-Star doesn't care about not looking like a slob or getting girls because he's married and completely satisfied with that. Fair play to you. But you don't judge everyone else by the atrophying married guy standard.
Or maybe, just maybe you can get a good fitting pair of jeans without going the douch bag route.

Keep acting like your fancy expensive pants are the only route to go though.
__________________

Last edited by R-Star; 04-15-2012 at 09:06 AM.
R-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:02 AM   #114 (permalink)
King of the Interwebz!
Photobucket
 
R-Star's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Clive
Age: 32
Posts: 44,687
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2523 Post(s)
Re: Jeans/Denim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porn Player View Post
Also, R-Star has no leg to stand on in this thread. He had an avy up with him rocking a backwards cap and a Hockey jersey. That is simply unacceptable past your early teenage years. And if it wasn't for the backwards cap, we would have seen the receeding hairline, so we know you're no longer 14 years old.
At a Halloween party at my house? Yea, sorry about that.

We've all seen how you dress in your little "vote for me" thread. You shouldnt really comment.

Also, seeing how your guys magic jeans, manicures and fine waxed eyebrows hasn't led you to any kind of success I haven't personally blown out of the water before I ended my reign of terror at 23, neither of you clowns should talk much shit.

Now hurry, you're going to miss your Brazilian appointment if you don't hurry.
__________________
R-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:05 AM   #115 (permalink)
King of the Interwebz!
Photobucket
 
R-Star's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Clive
Age: 32
Posts: 44,687
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2523 Post(s)
Re: Jeans/Denim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamel Irief View Post
Again, I don't really rock jeans but next time you are buying yours see how many 32 by 36s you see in the shelf.
You can get some. I've been rocking 34 30's since I was about 19 since I'm all upper body for length.

Either that or getting a pair hemmed is no big deal.
__________________
R-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:25 AM   #116 (permalink)
King of the Interwebz!
Photobucket
 
R-Star's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Clive
Age: 32
Posts: 44,687
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2523 Post(s)
Re: Jeans/Denim

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Star View Post
You can get some. I've been rocking 34 30's since I was about 19 since I'm all upper body for length.

Either that or getting a pair hemmed is no big deal.
Never mind. You hemming your pants would just turn them into man capris.

You and your situation is a bit different.
__________________
R-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:26 AM   #117 (permalink)
BBB.net archivist
Photobucket
 
Jamel Irief's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2002
Location: SoCal
Age: 97
Posts: 24,957
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1757 Post(s)
Re: Jeans/Denim

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Star View Post
You can get some. I've been rocking 34 30's since I was about 19 since I'm all upper body for length.

Either that or getting a pair hemmed is no big deal.
You seem to be confused, I'm talking 32 waist by 36 inseam. I can't get them hemmed to make them longer.

Usually all pants I see that are sold in stores the waist is bigger or equal to the inseam... rarely 4 inches smaller.
__________________
Jamel Irief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:30 AM   #118 (permalink)
King of the Interwebz!
Photobucket
 
R-Star's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Clive
Age: 32
Posts: 44,687
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2523 Post(s)
Re: Jeans/Denim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamel Irief View Post
You seem to be confused, I'm talking 32 waist by 36 inseam. I can't get them hemmed to make them longer.

Usually all pants I see that are sold in stores the waist is bigger or equal to the inseam... rarely 4 inches smaller.
Beat you to it so I don't have to look stupid.
__________________

Last edited by R-Star; 04-15-2012 at 10:14 AM.
R-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:14 AM   #119 (permalink)
Moderator
Photobucket
 
Porn Player's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Jolly Ingerland..
Age: 26
Posts: 30,483
Mentioned: 186 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 881 Post(s)
Re: Jeans/Denim

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Star View Post
At a Halloween party at my house? Yea, sorry about that.

We've all seen how you dress in your little "vote for me" thread. You shouldnt really comment.

Also, seeing how your guys magic jeans, manicures and fine waxed eyebrows hasn't led you to any kind of success I haven't personally blown out of the water before I ended my reign of terror at 23, neither of you clowns should talk much shit.

Now hurry, you're going to miss your Brazilian appointment if you don't hurry.

... Don't act like you're not running down to the convenience store in your Oilers jersey and backwards cap.

That little vote for me thread that ended up with sucessful people in the fashion industry labelling me the 4th most stylish person in my city. A city with nigh on 300,000 people. Yeah, way to shoot me down.

I am more than comfortable with what I 'accomplished' girl wise by 23, and I did it dressing exactly how I wanted.
__________________
Porn Player is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:17 AM   #120 (permalink)
King of the Interwebz!
Photobucket
 
R-Star's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Clive
Age: 32
Posts: 44,687
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2523 Post(s)
Re: Jeans/Denim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porn Player View Post
... Don't act like you're not running down to the convenience store in your Oilers jersey and backwards cap.

That little vote for me thread that ended up with sucessful people in the fashion industry labelling me the 4th most stylish person in my city. A city with nigh on 300,000 people. Yeah, way to shoot me down.

I am more than comfortable with what I 'accomplished' girl wise by 23, and I did it dressing exactly how I wanted.
Being confident with second place does sound like something a guy who dresses like he's going for class at Hogwarts would be ok with.


10 points for Griffindor.
__________________
R-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:57 AM.



User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2002 2013 BasketballBoards.net.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1