|01-15-2013, 01:08 AM||#1 (permalink)|
Welcome to the Grindhouse!
Join Date: Sep 2002
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 566 Post(s)
KVBL Clipper Blogger 2029 Lottery Mock Draft
Disclaimer: This mock draft will be based mostly on player descriptions, grades and team needs and not actual scouting because I haven't done any scouting.
1. Lexington Kings - Buford Munroe - With DeLeeroy Jenkins at point, Munroe gives the Kings more positional flexibility. His rebounding on the wings and passing will keep the Kings from being pigeonholde in what they can do in the future.
2. Detroit Pistons - Leifur Vikingsson - Somethings are worth the wait and despite the Pistons lack of recent success, their roster needs an overhaul. They probably don't want Vikingsson in Detroit while the team is in such a state. Could lead to premature trade demands, you know bad city and bad team is a bad combination.
3. Cleveland Cavaliers - Osmosis Clearwater - Luck of the Germans kicking in again? Unlike most combo guards in the KVBL, Clearwater should be quite capable at PG. Would form a potentially great backcourt with Sean 'Jigga' Carter.
4. Boston Celtics - Harrison Mahooney - Even with Bob West on the roster (did he make the purge), I think the Celtics grab the guy with the most value right here. They think long game in Boston so having an overcrowded position is not a problem.
5. Boston Celtics - Tomer Heftz - No buyout problem since he is in the top 10. I mean you can't go wrong picking the Israeli Jordan right?
6. Atlanta Hawks - David Alaminos - Rumors have it that this pick might end up in Memphis but no confirmation. The Hawks can probably afford to wait for Alaminos. However, they may be a little more win-now pressure in Memphis and they could go ina different direction but it would be a mistake.
7. Washington Bullets - Jorge Tabieres - Knock, knock. Is anybody home? The stealth Bullets still have two high level players in Cashman and Russell. Tabieres ability to come in and play now gives him the leg up right here.
8. Memphis Grizzlies - Lewis Barker - We will assume that Memphis management kept Duke Lazear at this point. Barker should be a big improvement over Emeka Sambo's lackluster defensive rebounding. Might be a big reach here and they could go for wing defense in Plamen Milenkov.
9. Lexington Kings - Plamen Milenkov - Milenkov and Munroe on the wings. Melts in your mouth right. Milenkov could be a good compliment for Munroe's great offense.
10. Los Angeles Clippers - Carlito Vargas - Rumors have it that the Clippers international scouts are in love with this kid. He is a little wild and light on defense but the Clippers don't seem to care about that or the wait.
11. London Raptors - Dahkoba Chedjou - Raptors need some depth and some more defense on the perimeter couldn't hurt.
12. New Orleans Hornets - Thom Weathersby - Thom should be a great backup big for the Hornets who are in need of depth on the frontline.
13. London Raptors - Reg Tadlock - Raptors get another player for their bench. Tadlock as the 4th big might be a great get. They can afford to stash him a few years while he develops.
2053 KVBL Champions: Los Angeles Clippers
Lineup - PG Darren Truong | SG Malik Crown | SF Koquan Taylor | PF Joe Braxton | C Cameron Boonstoppel | 6th man C Vikenti Volkov
Finals MVP:King Koquan Taylor
2052 KVBL Champions: Los Angeles Clippers
Lineup - PG Darren Truong | SG Butch McRae | SF Svetislav Zupan | PF Koquan Taylor | C Cameron Boonstoppel | 6th man C Chester Chipeska
Finals MVP: King Koquan Taylor
Last edited by MemphisX; 01-15-2013 at 01:52 AM.
|01-15-2013, 04:59 AM||#3 (permalink)|
Join Date: Aug 2011
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Re: KVBL Clipper Blogger 2029 Lottery Mock Draft
Very nice work. I don't see Mahoney slipping out of the top three tho but I'll be a very happy GM if he does
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|