MVP Thoughts... - Page 4 - Basketball Forum : Professional and College Basketball Forums
BasketballForum.com is the premier basketball Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2012, 11:35 AM   #46 (permalink)
God
 
hobojoe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 63,312
Mentioned: 1324 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4649 Post(s)
Re: MVP Thoughts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSH View Post
I understand the stat just fine. Flood and Hobojoe seem to think i dont and i want them to explain where i dont. Its a fine stat that people like it just i dont need it telling me who the best players in Baseball are when it really isnt that hard to figure it out for yourself

They can act out like children and bash me and ask me if i was drop down stairs all they want. I dont mind that its the internet. I just want them to explain to me where i went wrong

Ill stop fighting it though. Once again it my opinion. Cris is the only one with a legit reason to be pissed though
I never called you a name. I attacked your argument and said you're acting foolish and like a clown. And for at least the third time in this thread, I didn't say anything about WAR in my post saying Trout is the MVP over Cabrera. You are the one who first mentioned it in this thread.

I'd also like to know, can only Angels fans feel that Trout deserves the MVP?
hobojoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-17-2012, 11:39 AM   #47 (permalink)
FSH
I want Waffles.
 
FSH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Syracuse,NY
Posts: 16,837
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 565 Post(s)
Re: MVP Thoughts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobojoe View Post

I'd also like to know, can only Angels fans feel that Trout deserves the MVP?
Never said you couldnt, friend! Just said Cris has a Legit beef
FSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:26 PM   #48 (permalink)
TROUTSTANDING
Photobucket
 
Cris's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: EightZeroFive
Age: 24
Posts: 23,572
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Re: MVP Thoughts...

Everyone who believes that a Mike Trout-less angels would be a hell of a lot worse than a Cabrera-less Tigers has a legit beef. Without Mike Trout, the Angels probably platoon Izturiz and Bourjos as a leadoff hitter and the season is probably over faster than it started. The Angels were shit in April and had the best record in baseball since Trout was called up. He played a month less games and the Angels still had a better record in the toughest division in baseball last year.

If we're strictly talking about who is more valuable to their respective teams, Trout wins in a landslide.
__________________
Only losing can make you terrible
LOSE METHOD
Cris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:45 PM   #49 (permalink)
God
 
hobojoe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 63,312
Mentioned: 1324 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4649 Post(s)
Re: MVP Thoughts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris View Post
Everyone who believes that a Mike Trout-less angels would be a hell of a lot worse than a Cabrera-less Tigers has a legit beef. Without Mike Trout, the Angels probably platoon Izturiz and Bourjos as a leadoff hitter and the season is probably over faster than it started. The Angels were shit in April and had the best record in baseball since Trout was called up. He played a month less games and the Angels still had a better record in the toughest division in baseball last year.

If we're strictly talking about who is more valuable to their respective teams, Trout wins in a landslide.
Pretty much sums it up.

But in other news, WAR sucks! RBI for life, it's not a made up stat!
hobojoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:29 PM   #50 (permalink)
Community Moderator
Photobucket
 
Dornado's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2003
Location: WI
Posts: 13,218
Mentioned: 160 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 693 Post(s)
Re: MVP Thoughts...

Disappointed by the quick resort to insults and personal attacks in this thread... questioning someones mental capacity counts. Keep it on topic.

__________________
Dornado is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:26 PM   #51 (permalink)
FSH
I want Waffles.
 
FSH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Syracuse,NY
Posts: 16,837
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 565 Post(s)
Re: MVP Thoughts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dornado View Post
Disappointed by the quick resort to insults and personal attacks in this thread... questioning someones mental capacity counts. Keep it on topic.

It is sad when they cant have a healthy debate with me but instead go to attacking me for having a opinion
FSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:31 PM   #52 (permalink)
FSH
I want Waffles.
 
FSH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Syracuse,NY
Posts: 16,837
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 565 Post(s)
Re: MVP Thoughts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris View Post
Everyone who believes that a Mike Trout-less angels would be a hell of a lot worse than a Cabrera-less Tigers has a legit beef. Without Mike Trout, the Angels probably platoon Izturiz and Bourjos as a leadoff hitter and the season is probably over faster than it started. The Angels were shit in April and had the best record in baseball since Trout was called up. He played a month less games and the Angels still had a better record in the toughest division in baseball last year.

I dont believe this is true. Without Trout the Angels still had 2 MVP contenders in Trumbo and Pujols and Tori Hunter had a very good season. Even Morales had a solid come back season. Tigers without Cabrera would have had just Fielder with no one protecting him. Tigers without Cabrera would have been a bad team i think

And I dont think you real think the Angels without Trout would be worse then Tigers without Cabrera if you really looked and compared the teams
FSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:41 PM   #53 (permalink)
Cat Launcher
 
seifer0406's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Hsinchu, Taiwan
Age: 31
Posts: 9,286
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Re: MVP Thoughts...

btw, did anyone mention that the Angels actually won more games than the Tigers this year and that the Angels played in a much more difficult division? This isn't like Bautista beasting for nothing, Trout was the best player on a great team.
__________________

seifer0406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:46 PM   #54 (permalink)
God
 
hobojoe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 63,312
Mentioned: 1324 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4649 Post(s)
Re: MVP Thoughts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by seifer0406 View Post
btw, did anyone mention that the Angels actually won more games than the Tigers this year and that the Angels played in a much more difficult division? This isn't like Bautista beasting for nothing, Trout was the best player on a great team.
Cris and I both did more than once. Apparently that doesn't mean anything to FSH. Cris also mentioned that the Angels had the best record in the league once Trout was called up, but again that's not as important as RBI apparently.
hobojoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:53 PM   #55 (permalink)
Cat Launcher
 
seifer0406's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Hsinchu, Taiwan
Age: 31
Posts: 9,286
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Re: MVP Thoughts...

I like how FSH listed leading his team to the world series as an accomplishment for Cabrera when

a) Cabrera was the 4th or 5th best player(generously speaking) for the Tigers during the post season

and

b) Had the Angels played in the Central division the Tigers wouldn't even be in the playoffs being the 7th best team in the American league.

This isn't even win method wrong. At least win method recognized wins.
__________________

seifer0406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:34 PM   #56 (permalink)
FSH
I want Waffles.
 
FSH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Syracuse,NY
Posts: 16,837
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 565 Post(s)
Re: MVP Thoughts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by seifer0406 View Post
I like how FSH listed leading his team to the world series as an accomplishment for Cabrera when

a) Cabrera was the 4th or 5th best player(generously speaking) for the Tigers during the post season
The last month of the season. Which is the reason for me why Cabrera past Trout for MVP, Cabrera was amazing and lead the Tigers to the post season. Trout on the other hand wasnt very good

Come up with all the stuff you want. Bash me and act like a 5 year olds but it still doesnt change Cabrera won MVP. I dont even get why you guys are fighting with me still. Its not like i had a dam Vote in it. Seriously you guys are getting sad

Seriously people move on already. Ive have said 5 times now im done but i keep coming back to this nonsense with you guys acting like im a f'n voter for MVP
FSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:49 PM   #57 (permalink)
Cat Launcher
 
seifer0406's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Hsinchu, Taiwan
Age: 31
Posts: 9,286
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Re: MVP Thoughts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSH View Post
The last month of the season. Which is the reason for me why Cabrera past Trout for MVP, Cabrera was amazing and lead the Tigers to the post season. Trout on the other hand wasnt very good

Come up with all the stuff you want. Bash me and act like a 5 year olds but it still doesnt change Cabrera won MVP. I dont even get why you guys are fighting with me still. Its not like i had a dam Vote in it. Seriously you guys are getting sad

Seriously people move on already. Ive have said 5 times now im done but i keep coming back to this nonsense with you guys acting like im a f'n voter for MVP
Who's trying to change anything? I already explained why Cabrera won. Because the average baseball fan's baseball knowledge is incredibly limited and these awards are set up to satisfy the average fan. The reason you are getting blasted is because you tried to defend the award using baseball reasoning, which just became comical. Now accept the fact that there isn't a legitimate baseball reason behind this and we can all move on.
__________________

seifer0406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:00 PM   #58 (permalink)
God
 
hobojoe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 63,312
Mentioned: 1324 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4649 Post(s)
Re: MVP Thoughts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSH View Post
The last month of the season. Which is the reason for me why Cabrera past Trout for MVP, Cabrera was amazing and lead the Tigers to the post season. Trout on the other hand wasnt very good

Come up with all the stuff you want. Bash me and act like a 5 year olds but it still doesnt change Cabrera won MVP. I dont even get why you guys are fighting with me still. Its not like i had a dam Vote in it. Seriously you guys are getting sad

Seriously people move on already. Ive have said 5 times now im done but i keep coming back to this nonsense with you guys acting like im a f'n voter for MVP
Nothing you've attempted to argue makes any sense, that's why. It's also pretty comical that you're trying to play the mature, level-headed adult now in this thread. At least you've calmed down enough to take down the Zobrist avatar.
hobojoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:03 PM   #59 (permalink)
FSH
I want Waffles.
 
FSH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Syracuse,NY
Posts: 16,837
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 565 Post(s)
Re: MVP Thoughts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobojoe View Post
Nothing you've attempted to argue makes any sense, that's why. It's also pretty comical that you're trying to play the mature, level-headed adult now in this thread. At least you've calmed down enough to take down the Zobrist avatar.
Zobrist #1 2011 MVP!

Your whole thing is that i dont understand WAR. Ive explain what i believe WAR to be and said i might be wrong and i was waiting for you to explain where i was wrong but i couldnt care less. The Baseball season is over we can do this all again next year

Last edited by FSH; 11-17-2012 at 06:11 PM.
FSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:06 PM   #60 (permalink)
FSH
I want Waffles.
 
FSH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Syracuse,NY
Posts: 16,837
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 565 Post(s)
Re: MVP Thoughts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by seifer0406 View Post
Who's trying to change anything? I already explained why Cabrera won. Because the average baseball fan's baseball knowledge is incredibly limited and these awards are set up to satisfy the average fan. The reason you are getting blasted is because you tried to defend the award using baseball reasoning, which just became comical. Now accept the fact that there isn't a legitimate baseball reason behind this and we can all move on.
Dear God move on Buddy. Holy shit this is getting incredible sad

And didnt i just explain why i think Cabrera pasted Trout for MVP? The last month of the season will tell you the reason

We cant all be lemmings. Some of us have our own opinion stop trying to change mine
FSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:48 PM.



User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2002 2013 BasketballBoards.net.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1