Today's Game Discussion [11/07/2012] - Page 5 - Basketball Forum : Professional and College Basketball Forums
BasketballForum.com is the premier basketball Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2012, 07:59 AM   #61 (permalink)
Look at your favorite team, now back to mine, mine is better. Deal with it.
 
XxIrvingxX's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,922
Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Re: Today's Game Discussion [11/07/2012]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayz789 View Post
Lol so now u changing the subject? And btw before facing the cavs, the heat was still over 500 but hey i guess we can ignored that.
I'm not changing the subject, that was the part of the Heats season I was referring to the entire freaking time. Do you even read my comments?

And yes, they were above 500, they were one game above 500 I believe. But 20 games into the season, when you're expected to have a big season, that's a bad start, anyway you look at it. I'm not ignoring that they were above 500, I chose not to mention it because it's not relevant, regardless it's still a bad start.

And since you wanted to bring up ignoring things, how about the part were you just ignored the last response that I made to you? What, couldn't think of any more idiotic things to comeback with?
__________________
Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Legends Draft Team

PG: Derrick Rose/Norm Van Lier
SG: Joe Dumars/Hal Greer
SF: Dan Majerle/Jamal Mashburn
PF: Karl Malone/Zach Randolph
C: David Robinson/Herb Williams

Coach: Chuck Daly

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Star View Post
The next time Kyrie tries to hero ball Lebron will dropkick him in the throat.
XxIrvingxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-09-2012, 10:41 AM   #62 (permalink)
Player
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Age: 35
Posts: 872
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Re: Today's Game Discussion [11/07/2012]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace View Post
Stats like these exemplify the dumbing-effect of ESPN on its viewers. Who ****ing cares? Why is your record in games 1-5 more important than in games 52-56? It's not. Let's not forget, we're talking about 3 fairly-old, high-mileage vets, and a guy coming off back surgery. Look at Boston last year. That was a tried and tested core that started off pitifully. Yes, the Lakers have more exigency being a team trying to learn how to play together and develop a winning formula, but vet-laden teams like that don't typically explode out of the gate.



Must say, this is a very flawed argument. The very first game that core played together (Wade missed the entire preseason) was on the road, in an extremely hostile environment in Boston, against a team that had just played in the Finals hell-bent on proving the Heat aren't so hot. Further, the belief behind the Lakers dominance was that 1) They have four HOF'ers, as opposed to three, 2) Their pieces fit together much more naturally, and 3) Part of their strength lies in the NBA's cornerstone positions: PG and C, and that's without factoring in their 1A player.

The Heat had a lot more to figure out, and faced a lot more doubt about whether or not the combination would work. Instead of a rebounding monster, bruising center they had rail-thin, jumpshooting Bosh at PF. Instead of two perimeter marksmen in Kobe and Nash, they had two slashers who are, at the most, rhythm shooters. On top of that, they filled out their starting lineup with Carlos Arroyo and Zydrunas Ilgauskas. Having your PF and C as your best jumpshooters is hardly an ideal basketball formula.

With that said, its silly to believe this can't/won't work as the season progresses. When they find their identity, they'll find a groove. Their biggest concern is defense, which does somewhat baffle me considering the coach and Howard. Just wanted to point out that they're totally different scenarios.
Who cares? Obviously the lakers do since it was reported they fired mike brown lol.
rayz789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:36 PM   #63 (permalink)
Look at your favorite team, now back to mine, mine is better. Deal with it.
 
XxIrvingxX's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,922
Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Re: Today's Game Discussion [11/07/2012]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayz789 View Post
Who cares? Obviously the lakers do since it was reported they fired mike brown lol.
So now you're ignoring me? I'll admit, hypocrisy is the last thing I expected from you.
__________________
Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Legends Draft Team

PG: Derrick Rose/Norm Van Lier
SG: Joe Dumars/Hal Greer
SF: Dan Majerle/Jamal Mashburn
PF: Karl Malone/Zach Randolph
C: David Robinson/Herb Williams

Coach: Chuck Daly

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Star View Post
The next time Kyrie tries to hero ball Lebron will dropkick him in the throat.
XxIrvingxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:42 PM   #64 (permalink)
Dynamic Duo
Photobucket
 
Jace's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Miami/Raleigh
Age: 28
Posts: 20,347
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Re: Today's Game Discussion [11/07/2012]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayz789 View Post
Who cares? Obviously the lakers do since it was reported they fired mike brown lol.
I think most would agree they didn't act with tact. Their mistake was not getting rid of him prior to the season. Even with Brown, whom I believed to be a bad fit, they still would've won 50+ games and been a title contender.
__________________
Jace's soundcloud
Jace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:12 PM   #65 (permalink)
Player
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Age: 35
Posts: 872
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Re: Today's Game Discussion [11/07/2012]

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxIrvingxX View Post
So now you're ignoring me? I'll admit, hypocrisy is the last thing I expected from you.
Your response is just laughable. The heat yeah struggles but they werent worse then the lakers since besides being 0-1 as you keep mentioning, they never was under 500 in which the lakers are now. Also if the heat situation were inch close to the lakers right now then shouldnt the heat fired eric?
rayz789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:16 PM   #66 (permalink)
Player
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Age: 35
Posts: 872
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Re: Today's Game Discussion [11/07/2012]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace View Post
I think most would agree they didn't act with tact. Their mistake was not getting rid of him prior to the season. Even with Brown, whom I believed to be a bad fit, they still would've won 50+ games and been a title contender.
I agree that the lakers would still be title contender like to the wcf or to the finals but the lakers owners/management didnt have the faith in brown in which is why they fired him in which is absolutely messed up badly since 24 hours ago they said mike is not in the hot seat.
rayz789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:22 PM   #67 (permalink)
Look at your favorite team, now back to mine, mine is better. Deal with it.
 
XxIrvingxX's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,922
Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Re: Today's Game Discussion [11/07/2012]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayz789 View Post
Your response is just laughable. The heat yeah struggles but they werent worse then the lakers since besides being 0-1 as you keep mentioning, they never was under 500 in which the lakers are now. Also if the heat situation were inch close to the lakers right now then shouldnt the heat fired eric?
If my response was so laughable then why are you failing miserably at being able to derail my arguments? All you've done so far is completely change what I've been saying and turn it into your own idiotic view. You just did it again here. When the hell did I say that the Heat's situation was as bad as the Lakers? I thought I made it perfectly clear that the Lakers currently have a much worse situation than the Heat. All I said was that the Heat had a bad start, I never claimed it was worse than the Lakers. I never claimed the Heat were in the same EXACT situation, which you are once again trying to make it sound like I'm saying. Go back and actually read the comment, and actually make a comment about what I ACTUALLY SAY, because the shit you've been trying to do doesn't work here. It may work over on a place like youtube were trolls crawl the streets of the comments section, but not here.
__________________
Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Legends Draft Team

PG: Derrick Rose/Norm Van Lier
SG: Joe Dumars/Hal Greer
SF: Dan Majerle/Jamal Mashburn
PF: Karl Malone/Zach Randolph
C: David Robinson/Herb Williams

Coach: Chuck Daly

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Star View Post
The next time Kyrie tries to hero ball Lebron will dropkick him in the throat.
XxIrvingxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:28 PM   #68 (permalink)
Player
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Age: 35
Posts: 872
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Re: Today's Game Discussion [11/07/2012]

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxIrvingxX View Post
If my response was so laughable then why are you failing miserably at being able to derail my arguments? All you've done so far is completely change what I've been saying and turn it into your own idiotic view. You just did it again here. When the hell did I say that the Heat's situation was as bad as the Lakers? I thought I made it perfectly clear that the Lakers currently have a much worse situation than the Heat. All I said was that the Heat had a bad start, I never claimed it was worse than the Lakers. I never claimed the Heat were in the same EXACT situation, which you are once again trying to make it sound like I'm saying. Go back and actually read the comment, and actually make a comment about what I ACTUALLY SAY, because the shit you've been trying to do doesn't work here. It may work over on a place like youtube were trolls crawl the streets of the comments section, but not here.
If you not comparing the lakers situation right now to the heat situation back in 2010-2011 then why even bring up the heat in the first place? Lol. Come on man think for goodness sake.
rayz789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:33 PM   #69 (permalink)
Look at your favorite team, now back to mine, mine is better. Deal with it.
 
XxIrvingxX's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,922
Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Re: Today's Game Discussion [11/07/2012]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayz789 View Post
If you not comparing the lakers situation right now to the heat situation back in 2010-2011 then why even bring up the heat in the first place? Lol. Come on man think for goodness sake.


I swear if I see another retarded post from this kid I'm going to go ape shit crazy.

This response of absolutely unbelievably idiotic proportions does not even deserve an answer. But since it's apparent you'll need all the help you can possibly get just to get through life, I'll spare you the consequences of what life has to offer at least in terms of being able to put the pieces of something together, in this case being my point.

Why did I bring up the Heat in the first place? For the same damn reason that I had before, because they had a bad start to their season just like LA did. I didn't say they were the same exact thing, and I didn't mention who's was worse, because I felt that I shouldn't have needed to because we had people on this board who were smart enough to figure that out for themselves. Apparently I was wrong. If I thought that the Heat had a worse start (which they didn't), I would've mentioned it. This is basic common sense 101.

Now the 0-1 part only came up because both you and Drizzay mentioned that the Heat didn't have a losing record that year. Just to prove you both wrong, I mentioned it, but I was never intending on using that as an actual part of my argument because it didn't really mean anything. Once again though, someone who apparently lost a lot of brain cells as a child thought I was actually doing so, which in this case is once again, you.

The Lakers are off to a disappointing start. Yes. This is absolutely nothing like what people thought they would start out as, even the people who thought they would have trouble meshing at first. The Heat also had a disappointing start, although they did start out much better than the Lakers, they struggled horribly against winning teams, and that was the part of the Heat season I was referring to.

How the hell you suddenly came up with the conclusion that I WASNT comparing them...well, that is something that only god could probably figure out, but I digress.

Don't tell other people to think when you clearly don't do the same. Your comments in this section have been one giant facepalm of epic proportions, and I have a feeling that if I facepalm myself anymore over your comments I'm going to develop some kind of permanent head injury. So please to avoid the injury of myself or others who might read your crap, please just try to think.
__________________
Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Legends Draft Team

PG: Derrick Rose/Norm Van Lier
SG: Joe Dumars/Hal Greer
SF: Dan Majerle/Jamal Mashburn
PF: Karl Malone/Zach Randolph
C: David Robinson/Herb Williams

Coach: Chuck Daly

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Star View Post
The next time Kyrie tries to hero ball Lebron will dropkick him in the throat.
XxIrvingxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:09 PM   #70 (permalink)
Player
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Age: 35
Posts: 872
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Re: Today's Game Discussion [11/07/2012]

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxIrvingxX View Post


I swear if I see another retarded post from this kid I'm going to go ape shit crazy.

This response of absolutely unbelievably idiotic proportions does not even deserve an answer. But since it's apparent you'll need all the help you can possibly get just to get through life, I'll spare you the consequences of what life has to offer at least in terms of being able to put the pieces of something together, in this case being my point.

Why did I bring up the Heat in the first place? For the same damn reason that I had before, because they had a bad start to their season just like LA did. I didn't say they were the same exact thing, and I didn't mention who's was worse, because I felt that I shouldn't have needed to because we had people on this board who were smart enough to figure that out for themselves. Apparently I was wrong. If I thought that the Heat had a worse start (which they didn't), I would've mentioned it. This is basic common sense 101.

Now the 0-1 part only came up because both you and Drizzay mentioned that the Heat didn't have a losing record that year. Just to prove you both wrong, I mentioned it, but I was never intending on using that as an actual part of my argument because it didn't really mean anything. Once again though, someone who apparently lost a lot of brain cells as a child thought I was actually doing so, which in this case is once again, you.

The Lakers are off to a disappointing start. Yes. This is absolutely nothing like what people thought they would start out as, even the people who thought they would have trouble meshing at first. The Heat also had a disappointing start, although they did start out much better than the Lakers, they struggled horribly against winning teams, and that was the part of the Heat season I was referring to.

How the hell you suddenly came up with the conclusion that I WASNT comparing them...well, that is something that only god could probably figure out, but I digress.

Don't tell other people to think when you clearly don't do the same. Your comments in this section have been one giant facepalm of epic proportions, and I have a feeling that if I facepalm myself anymore over your comments I'm going to develop some kind of permanent head injury. So please to avoid the injury of myself or others who might read your crap, please just try to think.
I swear i hate ppl that's trying to be a smart a$$ in which case youre one of them. Look you mentioning the heat struggling the way the lakers struggle but look you knuckle head, 0-1, 9-8 are far different then 0-3, 1-4. Dont sit there with your laptop, cell or desktop and tell me youre not saying the heat 2010-2011 had a bad start like the lakers did but you are comparing it because if u didnt, you wouldnt mention the heat in the first place. If the heat was 1-4 or atleast 2-4 then it'll make sense for you to mention the heat. Dont give me cause the other guy said this or that bs. Yeah the heat struggle with winning teams in the regular season but you talk like the heat havent beat any winning teams because if they didnt, they wouldnt have the 2nd best record in the eastern conference lol. Didnt the heat easily beat up winning team defending champs lakers in staples on christmas day? The heat have beaten other winning teams. The bulls and the celtics were the only teams basically that the heat couldnt beat in the regular season except the playoffs. Hell the heat was like what 1-2 or 1-3 vs the celtics the following year but yet the heat beat them in game 7? For goodness "irving" mike brown has been fired while eric hasnt come close of being fired in which shows you dont know what youre talking about. So kid, if youre really in college? then i suggest focused on that instead of talking about basketball.
rayz789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:01 AM   #71 (permalink)
Look at your favorite team, now back to mine, mine is better. Deal with it.
 
XxIrvingxX's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,922
Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Re: Today's Game Discussion [11/07/2012]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayz789 View Post
I swear i hate ppl that's trying to be a smart a$$
Then you must really hate yourself kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayz789 View Post
Look you mentioning the heat struggling the way the lakers struggle but look you knuckle head, 0-1, 9-8 are far different then 0-3, 1-4.
Yes, I know this. I don't understand what you're trying to prove here. If you're going to just repeat what I say then there's no point in doing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayz789 View Post
Dont sit there with your laptop, cell or desktop and tell me youre not saying the heat 2010-2011 had a bad start like the lakers did
*facepalm*

Again, stop putting words in my mouth. There is a huge difference in saying that someone didn't have as bad of a start as a certain team, but still had a bad start, and saying that a team didn't have a bad start at all. Somehow you are failing miserably at understanding the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayz789 View Post
but you are comparing it because if u didnt, you wouldnt mention the heat in the first place.
Comparing what? The fact that they were both off to a bad start? Then yes, that's what I'm comparing. I'm actually doing more of using the Heat as an example than anything. But their start wasn't as bad as the Lakers, but regardless it was a bad start. That's it. That's all I've been saying. I don't understand how you're not getting this. It's like talking to a five year old with down syndrome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayz789 View Post
If the heat was 1-4 or atleast 2-4 then it'll make sense for you to mention the heat.
Why? I'm not doing a direct comparison here. I'm simply mentioning that the Heat had a bad start to the season. You somehow took it a completely different way and ended up putting words in my mouth that weren't even close to my actual point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayz789 View Post
Dont give me cause the other guy said this or that bs.
No, I will give you it because when I said it, that was the reason I mentioned certain things. If you got a problem with me actually telling the truth behind my reasoning you can go debate with someone else kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayz789 View Post
Yeah the heat struggle with winning teams in the regular season but you talk like the heat havent beat any winning teams because if they didnt, they wouldnt have the 2nd best record in the eastern conference lol.
But we aren't talking about the entire season now are we? No we're talking about the start of the season, the first 20 games like I said NUMEROUS times, per say. Again, stop ignoring my posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayz789 View Post
Didnt the heat easily beat up winning team defending champs lakers in staples on christmas day?
Yes they did, in fact if I remember correctly, Lebron James had a triple double and I think Bosh also had a great game. This was around the time when the Heat were playing incredible as a team, not the start of the season like I was once again talking about before. Again for the fourth ****ing time, actually read the stuff I'm saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayz789 View Post
The heat have beaten other winning teams. The bulls and the celtics were the only teams basically that the heat couldnt beat in the regular season except the playoffs.
Now you've just completely ignored everything I said and have gone into your own fantasy world. Do you even know what the hell we're talking about? We aren't talking about the playoffs, we aren't talking about the season as a whole, we aren't talking about the near end of the season, we're talking about the beginning of it, nothing more, just the beginning of the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayz789 View Post
For goodness "irving" mike brown has been fired while eric hasnt come close of being fired in which shows you dont know what youre talking about.
Of course Erik wasn't going to be fired, he had freaking Pat Riley sucking his dick all the time, they could've went 0-10 to start the season and Riley would've found a way to blame it on the ball boy or something along the lines of that. Erik was the handpicked successor for Riley, he was the guy Riley had faith in and the only one Riley felt could coach the team properly, and unlike the Lakers right now were the way Mike Brown was running the team was most of the reason for their losses, most of the reasons for the Heats early losses were because of the fact that Lebron, Wade and Bosh were still trying to adjust to playing with each other. Erik didn't get as much criticism for his coaching as Mike Brown did.

So before you tell anyone that they don't know what they're talking about, I strongly suggest you do some actual research kid. It's clearly obvious there's a lot you don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayz789 View Post
So kid, if youre really in college? then i suggest focused on that instead of talking about basketball.
You're probably right, anymore idiotic posts from you and I'll probably end up in a hospital because I've suffered severe head trauma from banging my head against the wall so many times.

I'm done responding to you, it's clearly obvious you lack the ability to understand even the most simplest things. Go ahead and have the last word if you want, I honestly don't care. Odds are you'll probably just end up being wrong (again).
__________________
Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Legends Draft Team

PG: Derrick Rose/Norm Van Lier
SG: Joe Dumars/Hal Greer
SF: Dan Majerle/Jamal Mashburn
PF: Karl Malone/Zach Randolph
C: David Robinson/Herb Williams

Coach: Chuck Daly

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Star View Post
The next time Kyrie tries to hero ball Lebron will dropkick him in the throat.
XxIrvingxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:42 AM.



User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2002 2013 BasketballBoards.net.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1