Has Carmelo finally arrived? - Page 3 - Basketball Forum : Professional and College Basketball Forums
BasketballForum.com is the premier basketball Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2012, 12:04 PM   #31 (permalink)
Better Call Saul
Photobucket
 
Luke's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 13,183
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Re: Has Carmelo finally arrived?

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Star View Post
I was joking, based around our past arguments.
The Pacers suck and Kevin Love will never be anything more than a role player.

No wonder Dienertime never responds to your advances!
__________________
Formerly VanillaPrice
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-13-2012, 12:06 PM   #32 (permalink)
King of the Interwebz!
Photobucket
 
R-Star's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Clive
Age: 31
Posts: 44,673
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2509 Post(s)
Re: Has Carmelo finally arrived?

I just want him to be comfortable to be himself on here....

Is that too much to ask?
__________________
R-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:07 PM   #33 (permalink)
Star
 

Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 4,278
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Re: Has Carmelo finally arrived?

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Star View Post
Put Lebron on the Wizards. I don't see your point.
Point is you are judging a player for an individual award based on his teammates. Not on his abilities.

And LeBron would make the Wizards much better than Carmelo.
__________________
"We've learned Kobe Bryant has been asked to run the Federal Reserve. The feeling is, he can do more with three quarters than most of us can do with a whole dollar."
--Peter Vescey, NY Post
Wilt_The_Stilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:10 PM   #34 (permalink)
Limehouse Blues
Photobucket
 
Diable's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 26,173
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 688 Post(s)
Re: Has Carmelo finally arrived?

The knicks will have to have a great record for Melo to get much consideration over Lebron and Durant, and that means that they are going to have to go on hitting three pointers at rate which does not look sustainable. If the Heat continue their relatively lackluster play it's going to favor Durant more than it'll favor Melo. Not sure that Lebron will win it unless the Heat can get their shit together, because he's going to be held to a higher standard.
__________________
Diable is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:13 PM   #35 (permalink)
King of the Interwebz!
Photobucket
 
R-Star's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Clive
Age: 31
Posts: 44,673
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2509 Post(s)
Re: Has Carmelo finally arrived?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilt_The_Stilt View Post
Point is you are judging a player for an individual award based on his teammates. Not on his abilities.

And LeBron would make the Wizards much better than Carmelo.
Because you say so?

You obviously haven't watched Melo this year.

If he as good as Lebron. No. But the argument you were going to make about defense, getting teammates involved, ie Anthony is only good at scoring isn't valid this year.

He's rounded his game out, which is the point of this thread.
__________________
R-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:16 PM   #36 (permalink)
King of the Interwebz!
Photobucket
 
R-Star's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Clive
Age: 31
Posts: 44,673
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2509 Post(s)
Re: Has Carmelo finally arrived?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diable View Post
The knicks will have to have a great record for Melo to get much consideration over Lebron and Durant, and that means that they are going to have to go on hitting three pointers at rate which does not look sustainable. If the Heat continue their relatively lackluster play it's going to favor Durant more than it'll favor Melo. Not sure that Lebron will win it unless the Heat can get their shit together, because he's going to be held to a higher standard.
Pretty much.

I'd put Durant as the front runner right now. He's playing amazing, was arguable previous years so hes already in peoples minds, Lebron has won a few already, and to top it all off the big story is OKC isn't missing a beat without Harden (even though people forget Martin is there filling the role perfectly).


If I had to bet, I'd bet on Durant winning it this year.
__________________
R-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:19 PM   #37 (permalink)
Star
 

Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 4,278
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Re: Has Carmelo finally arrived?

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Star View Post
Because you say so?

You obviously haven't watched Melo this year.

If he as good as Lebron. No. But the argument you were going to make about defense, getting teammates involved, ie Anthony is only good at scoring isn't valid this year.

He's rounded his game out, which is the point of this thread.
I haven't watched Melo? Because I said LeBron is better? Or that he would make the Wizards (or any team) better than Melo would? Do you really disagree with those statements?

The argument I'm making is that LeBron is still better than Carmelo. And since LeBron is better than everyone else as well, he should get the MVP and not some lesser player whose teammates aren't quite as good.
__________________
"We've learned Kobe Bryant has been asked to run the Federal Reserve. The feeling is, he can do more with three quarters than most of us can do with a whole dollar."
--Peter Vescey, NY Post
Wilt_The_Stilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:25 PM   #38 (permalink)
King of the Interwebz!
Photobucket
 
R-Star's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Clive
Age: 31
Posts: 44,673
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2509 Post(s)
Re: Has Carmelo finally arrived?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilt_The_Stilt View Post
I haven't watched Melo? Because I said LeBron is better? Or that he would make the Wizards (or any team) better than Melo would? Do you really disagree with those statements?

The argument I'm making is that LeBron is still better than Carmelo. And since LeBron is better than everyone else as well, he should get the MVP and not some lesser player whose teammates aren't quite as good.
Maybe you're right. I'd just like to think more than individual stats should go into the equation. But as I said, you're right, I can't argue Lebron as the best player in the league.
__________________
R-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:16 PM   #39 (permalink)
Player
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Age: 35
Posts: 872
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Re: Has Carmelo finally arrived?

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Star View Post
Teams don't matter....... then you go on to list players.

Who's Melo's Bosh or Martin? Let alone the question of who is his Westbrook or Wade. Its not even close talent wise.

You take Lebron off Miami or Durant off OKC and both teams still make a lower seed in the playoffs. You take Melo off the Knicks and they are one of the worst teams in the league.


So again, its not saying Melo is better than Lebron or Durant. But who is more important to their teams? Right now its Melo.
Worst team in the nba without melo? So no melo but still with 2 true real good playmaking pgs in felton and kidd and both would make the knicks the worst team in the league? Lol you obviously kissing up melo alot more.
rayz789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:40 PM   #40 (permalink)
Community Moderator
Photobucket
 
BlakeJesus's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Wisconsin
Age: 24
Posts: 19,552
Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Re: Has Carmelo finally arrived?

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Star View Post
I'm implying that New York is much worse off than either Miami or OKC if you take Melo out as compared to Lebron or Durant.

You know, Most Valuable Player?
Than the award is already decided in your eyes? I don't understand what point you're trying to make when you say things like this, especially because you've called Durant the frontrunner.

If all things are equal and you want to use the talent level around the players as a tiebreaker, I can see the merit in that. But LeBron and Durant are hands down playing better basketball than Melo right now, so it just doesn't mean very much.
__________________
Jalen Rose - "Positions were created so the novice could follow the game. You ARE your skillset."



2024 KVBL Champions: Atlanta Hawks
2026 KVBL Champions: Atlanta Hawks
2027 KVBL Champions: Atlanta Hawks
BlakeJesus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:48 PM   #41 (permalink)
King of the Interwebz!
Photobucket
 
R-Star's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Clive
Age: 31
Posts: 44,673
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2509 Post(s)
Re: Has Carmelo finally arrived?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJesus View Post
Than the award is already decided in your eyes? I don't understand what point you're trying to make when you say things like this, especially because you've called Durant the frontrunner.

If all things are equal and you want to use the talent level around the players as a tiebreaker, I can see the merit in that. But LeBron and Durant are hands down playing better basketball than Melo right now, so it just doesn't mean very much.
The point is you wrote Melo off, so I made a case for him.


How is that hard to understand?
__________________
R-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:43 PM   #42 (permalink)
Jesus Shuttlesworth
 
Marcus13's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Indianapolis
Age: 27
Posts: 15,654
Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 502 Post(s)
Good God what a game...errrr first quarter....


Sent from my iPhone using VS Free
__________________
Marcus13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:16 PM   #43 (permalink)
Rookie
 

Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: Has Carmelo finally arrived?

Yeah, I think it's a slightly ridiculous question to ask. I mean "finally arrived"? he's been a top tier player since entering the league and I'm actually sick of this notion that he will never live up to Lebron. I get it Lebron is really good, like REALLY good but the way 'melo's scoring this year I think one can definitely make an argument that 'melo can "catch up" to Lebron in terms of skill and stardom. Obviously I'll receive a lot of hate for suggesting something so 'ignorant' but look at the way 'melo has stepped up defensively this year. He's rapidly improving (which isn't testament to his playing with Lebron this summer but as suggested in the original question his coach). I don't know, the game in which they were on the court together makes a case that maybe 'melo is starting to step into the spotlight.
Hug3Latz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:27 PM.



User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2002 2013 BasketballBoards.net.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1