Knicks Tried To Give Amare Away Over The Offseason - Page 3 - Basketball Forum : Professional and College Basketball Forums
BasketballForum.com is the premier basketball Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2012, 06:49 PM   #31 (permalink)
Dynamic Duo
Photobucket
 
Jace's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Miami/Raleigh
Age: 28
Posts: 20,342
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Rep Power: 2705923
Jace has a reputation beyond repute Jace has a reputation beyond repute Jace has a reputation beyond repute Jace has a reputation beyond repute Jace has a reputation beyond repute Jace has a reputation beyond repute Jace has a reputation beyond repute Jace has a reputation beyond repute Jace has a reputation beyond repute Jace has a reputation beyond repute Jace has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Knicks Tried To Give Amare Away Over The Offseason

Exactly. People are still thinking this guy is good.
__________________
Jace's soundcloud
Jace is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-24-2012, 07:59 PM   #32 (permalink)
Temporary Sanity
Photobucket
 
Hyperion's Avatar
 
Simon Champion!
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 602
Posts: 18,654
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 234 Post(s)
Rep Power: 21404017
Hyperion has a reputation beyond repute Hyperion has a reputation beyond repute Hyperion has a reputation beyond repute Hyperion has a reputation beyond repute Hyperion has a reputation beyond repute Hyperion has a reputation beyond repute Hyperion has a reputation beyond repute Hyperion has a reputation beyond repute Hyperion has a reputation beyond repute Hyperion has a reputation beyond repute Hyperion has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Knicks Tried To Give Amare Away Over The Offseason

Dude hasn't played defense in 5 years. His hands,never, I repeat NEVER, go over his shoulders on defense unless it's to grab a free rebound where no one is challenging for it.
__________________
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain...."

"The light that burns twice as bright burns for half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam*Ron View Post
Anyway, gotta get back to the money. Holla at you lames another day.
Hyperion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:00 PM   #33 (permalink)
Vlade Divac's biggest fan
 
XxIrvingxX's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,883
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 303 Post(s)
Rep Power: 472331
XxIrvingxX has disabled reputation
Re: Knicks Tried To Give Amare Away Over The Offseason

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobojoe View Post
It's awfully easy for you to make life-changing decisions for a guy from behind your computer and call him an idiot, isn't it? Particularly decisions that will cost him more money than you'll ever make in your lifetime.
I could care less if I'm saying this behind my computer or up to his face, because regardless of what situation it is, I'll say the same thing, Amare you are a idiot, it wouldn't be the first time I've insulted a professional athlete when he was looking at me (I called Travis Hafner, a baseball player who use to play for the Indians, not sure if he's still with them or not, a jackass for ignoring us while he was standing right in front of us warming up. I was of course an arrogant ass at the time but still.)

And cost him more money? Yes because he's in such a bad financial situation that he needs the extra cash right? Don't try to argue against this with idiotic crap like that, the fact that he still would make more money than me regardless of which deal he would choose kills your entire argument.



Quote:
Originally Posted by hobojoe View Post
Why don't you enlighten us again on how athletes are all overpaid because they like, make more money than doctors and engineers and stuff?
Oh you mean the thread where it was made perfectly clear that I was being sarcastic the entire time? Yea have fun with that. I will enjoy watching you make people who like honey boo boo look like PHD students.
__________________
Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Legends Draft Team

PG: Derrick Rose/Norm Van Lier
SG: Joe Dumars/Hal Greer
SF: Dan Majerle/Jamal Mashburn
PF: Karl Malone/Zach Randolph
C: David Robinson/Herb Williams

Coach: Chuck Daly

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Star View Post
The next time Kyrie tries to hero ball Lebron will dropkick him in the throat.

Last edited by XxIrvingxX; 12-24-2012 at 08:06 PM.
XxIrvingxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:08 PM   #34 (permalink)
Vlade Divac's biggest fan
 
XxIrvingxX's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,883
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 303 Post(s)
Rep Power: 472331
XxIrvingxX has disabled reputation
Re: Knicks Tried To Give Amare Away Over The Offseason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
Dude hasn't played defense in 5 years. His hands,never, I repeat NEVER, go over his shoulders on defense unless it's to grab a free rebound where no one is challenging for it.
There was one point in his career where he started to try to work on actually attempting to block shots during the games but I think he just sort of gave up and went back to his "no defense" playing ways.
__________________
Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Legends Draft Team

PG: Derrick Rose/Norm Van Lier
SG: Joe Dumars/Hal Greer
SF: Dan Majerle/Jamal Mashburn
PF: Karl Malone/Zach Randolph
C: David Robinson/Herb Williams

Coach: Chuck Daly

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Star View Post
The next time Kyrie tries to hero ball Lebron will dropkick him in the throat.
XxIrvingxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:44 PM   #35 (permalink)
Rookie
 

Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Hug3Latz has disabled reputation
Re: Knicks Tried To Give Amare Away Over The Offseason

well, the amare issue is difficult to deal with. since melo arrived he stopped producing the way he was beforehand and I though melo was the problem for NYK. obviously thats not the case, as of right now the Knicks seem like a totally new team from the previous couple seasons (decades for that matter) so I think the best thing to do is watch a couple of games and see how the team functions with stat back. personally I'm excited to see.
Hug3Latz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:23 AM   #36 (permalink)
Vlade Divac's biggest fan
 
XxIrvingxX's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,883
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 303 Post(s)
Rep Power: 472331
XxIrvingxX has disabled reputation
Re: Knicks Tried To Give Amare Away Over The Offseason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hug3Latz View Post
well, the amare issue is difficult to deal with. since melo arrived he stopped producing the way he was beforehand and I though melo was the problem for NYK. obviously thats not the case, as of right now the Knicks seem like a totally new team from the previous couple seasons (decades for that matter) so I think the best thing to do is watch a couple of games and see how the team functions with stat back. personally I'm excited to see.
In some ways Carmelo still is the problem only when it comes to the issue of having Amare out there with him, but that doesn't mean that Amare isn't a problem either. These are two guys who don't make others better, are basically at their best when they have the ball and don't play much defense, it's just a matter of who the Knicks would be better off without and in this case it's definitely gotta be Amare because Carmelo has been excellent so far for the Knicks. Don't get me wrong, Amare was too at first, but it's clear at this point who the better option for the Knicks is.

But I agree, let them play a couple first. Who knows, the Knicks might (key word being might) be better with Melo and Amare on the floor together. You never know with the PG's they have now.
__________________
Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Legends Draft Team

PG: Derrick Rose/Norm Van Lier
SG: Joe Dumars/Hal Greer
SF: Dan Majerle/Jamal Mashburn
PF: Karl Malone/Zach Randolph
C: David Robinson/Herb Williams

Coach: Chuck Daly

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Star View Post
The next time Kyrie tries to hero ball Lebron will dropkick him in the throat.
XxIrvingxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:21 AM   #37 (permalink)
Temporary Sanity
Photobucket
 
Hyperion's Avatar
 
Simon Champion!
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 602
Posts: 18,654
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 234 Post(s)
Rep Power: 21404017
Hyperion has a reputation beyond repute Hyperion has a reputation beyond repute Hyperion has a reputation beyond repute Hyperion has a reputation beyond repute Hyperion has a reputation beyond repute Hyperion has a reputation beyond repute Hyperion has a reputation beyond repute Hyperion has a reputation beyond repute Hyperion has a reputation beyond repute Hyperion has a reputation beyond repute Hyperion has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Knicks Tried To Give Amare Away Over The Offseason

[
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrvingxX View Post
There was one point in his career where he started to try to work on actually attempting to block shots during the games but I think he just sort of gave up and went back to his "no defense" playing ways.
He stopped because his mom let him know that max contracts go to offensively gifted players. As for y the money, he's made somewhere around 150 million. After tax and commissions he's probably netted 70 million. While that's a huge sum, it's money that goes to take care of his family. That money will hopefully sustain him for the remainder of his life, but also could set his kids etc for life as well.
__________________
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain...."

"The light that burns twice as bright burns for half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam*Ron View Post
Anyway, gotta get back to the money. Holla at you lames another day.
Hyperion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:45 AM   #38 (permalink)
Vlade Divac's biggest fan
 
XxIrvingxX's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,883
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 303 Post(s)
Rep Power: 472331
XxIrvingxX has disabled reputation
Re: Knicks Tried To Give Amare Away Over The Offseason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
[

He stopped because his mom let him know that max contracts go to offensively gifted players. As for y the money, he's made somewhere around 150 million. After tax and commissions he's probably netted 70 million. While that's a huge sum, it's money that goes to take care of his family. That money will hopefully sustain him for the remainder of his life, but also could set his kids etc for life as well.
That's the first legitimate reason I've heard out of this entire thread (although there were only two, this one and another one that was just flat out stupid), although his family would've been set for life regardless of where he went, it makes the most sense in that kind if situation to go with the place that makes the most money.

*claps*
__________________
Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Legends Draft Team

PG: Derrick Rose/Norm Van Lier
SG: Joe Dumars/Hal Greer
SF: Dan Majerle/Jamal Mashburn
PF: Karl Malone/Zach Randolph
C: David Robinson/Herb Williams

Coach: Chuck Daly

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Star View Post
The next time Kyrie tries to hero ball Lebron will dropkick him in the throat.
XxIrvingxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:04 PM   #39 (permalink)
God
 
hobojoe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 61,698
Mentioned: 1268 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4454 Post(s)
Rep Power: 8325029
hobojoe has a reputation beyond repute hobojoe has a reputation beyond repute hobojoe has a reputation beyond repute hobojoe has a reputation beyond repute hobojoe has a reputation beyond repute hobojoe has a reputation beyond repute hobojoe has a reputation beyond repute hobojoe has a reputation beyond repute hobojoe has a reputation beyond repute hobojoe has a reputation beyond repute hobojoe has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Knicks Tried To Give Amare Away Over The Offseason

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxIrvingxX View Post
I could care less if I'm saying this behind my computer or up to his face, because regardless of what situation it is, I'll say the same thing, Amare you are a idiot, it wouldn't be the first time I've insulted a professional athlete when he was looking at me (I called Travis Hafner, a baseball player who use to play for the Indians, not sure if he's still with them or not, a jackass for ignoring us while he was standing right in front of us warming up. I was of course an arrogant ass at the time but still.)

And cost him more money? Yes because he's in such a bad financial situation that he needs the extra cash right? Don't try to argue against this with idiotic crap like that, the fact that he still would make more money than me regardless of which deal he would choose kills your entire argument.
Cool story bro. Now try to stay with me here. Your last paragraph is just reiterating the same stupid shit you originally wrote. It's awfully easy to tell someone else to give up millions and millions of dollars because you say it's a better situation for them. I'm going to out on a limb and say you don't have a real job, probably still in school and/or living with your parents.


Quote:
Oh you mean the thread where it was made perfectly clear that I was being sarcastic the entire time? Yea have fun with that. I will enjoy watching you make people who like honey boo boo look like PHD students.
No, no you weren't.
hobojoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:50 PM   #40 (permalink)
Vlade Divac's biggest fan
 
XxIrvingxX's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,883
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 303 Post(s)
Rep Power: 472331
XxIrvingxX has disabled reputation
Re: Knicks Tried To Give Amare Away Over The Offseason

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobojoe View Post
Cool story bro. Now try to stay with me here. Your last paragraph is just reiterating the same stupid shit you originally wrote. It's awfully easy to tell someone else to give up millions and millions of dollars because you say it's a better situation for them. I'm going to out on a limb and say you don't have a real job, probably still in school and/or living with your parents.
False on the first one depending on your definition of a real job (website designer for the science department, not sure if that's real to you or not), if by school you mean college then yes I am currently in my sophmore year, and yes when I'm not living away at college I'm living with my parents, I'm not sure if you realize this but college students don't make much money now a days so I sort of don't have a choice.

And I guess it is awfully easy for someone to say that it's easy to give up a lot of money, but the thing is I'm one of those people that doesn't care for money. Hell I could've had my parents pay for my college and I told them not to because that's not their responsibility so right now I'm using nothing but loans for college and giving myself a hell of an expensive degree, since most of the loans I'm using are private loans. So before you try to make any more statements about how I don't know what I'm talking about, just realize I know exactly what I'm talking about because I'm in the same type of situation (although, to be fair, it isn't anywhere close to the amount of money that we're talking here, so that isn't really a valid comparison on my part, so I wouldn't blame you for discrediting what I just said there).

And this is nothing involving my views against pro athletes, I was just raised by a family that made me not think so much about the money and more about just being happy with my life, and so far it's touched on to me, same with my brothers. Now I wasn't serious about my statement about pro athletes being overpaid, but I was serious when I said that most pro athletes are money grubbing pieces of shit, because that's what a lot of them are. That's not what they started out as, but that's definitely what most of them become. But if you want to continue to claim that an extra million is a must need for someone making 50 mill a year, then go ahead, I'll just decide to ignore every idiotic thing you say until you can give me a legitimate reason for it, hell at least Hyperion gave an actual reason. I suggest you do the same.




Quote:
Originally Posted by hobojoe View Post
No, no you weren't.
Whether or not you want to believe me is up to you, I'm not going to go through the time and effort to convince you otherwise. I'm not sure if you're just biased and can't admit to being wrong, I honestly don't care. Regardless, I'm putting you on my ignore list until you can, in the words of the Joker, start taking things a little more seriously.
__________________
Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Legends Draft Team

PG: Derrick Rose/Norm Van Lier
SG: Joe Dumars/Hal Greer
SF: Dan Majerle/Jamal Mashburn
PF: Karl Malone/Zach Randolph
C: David Robinson/Herb Williams

Coach: Chuck Daly

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Star View Post
The next time Kyrie tries to hero ball Lebron will dropkick him in the throat.

Last edited by XxIrvingxX; 12-25-2012 at 10:03 PM.
XxIrvingxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:01 PM   #41 (permalink)
Temporary Sanity
Photobucket
 
Hyperion's Avatar
 
Simon Champion!
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 602
Posts: 18,654
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 234 Post(s)
Rep Power: 21404017
Hyperion has a reputation beyond repute Hyperion has a reputation beyond repute Hyperion has a reputation beyond repute Hyperion has a reputation beyond repute Hyperion has a reputation beyond repute Hyperion has a reputation beyond repute Hyperion has a reputation beyond repute Hyperion has a reputation beyond repute Hyperion has a reputation beyond repute Hyperion has a reputation beyond repute Hyperion has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Knicks Tried To Give Amare Away Over The Offseason

real job is not an hourly gig. It's something that can pay the rent and keep the lights on.
__________________
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain...."

"The light that burns twice as bright burns for half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam*Ron View Post
Anyway, gotta get back to the money. Holla at you lames another day.
Hyperion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:07 PM   #42 (permalink)
Rookie
 

Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Hug3Latz has disabled reputation
Re: Knicks Tried To Give Amare Away Over The Offseason

of course the important thing to remember her is that we are talking about the Knicks and their ability to win basketball games, which probably doesn't warrant a background check on all of our socioeconomic statuses.
Hug3Latz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:07 PM   #43 (permalink)
Vlade Divac's biggest fan
 
XxIrvingxX's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,883
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 303 Post(s)
Rep Power: 472331
XxIrvingxX has disabled reputation
Re: Knicks Tried To Give Amare Away Over The Offseason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
real job is not an hourly gig. It's something that can pay the rent and keep the lights on.
There are programmers that only work 20 hours a week and can afford nice homes because they make so much now a days.
__________________
Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Legends Draft Team

PG: Derrick Rose/Norm Van Lier
SG: Joe Dumars/Hal Greer
SF: Dan Majerle/Jamal Mashburn
PF: Karl Malone/Zach Randolph
C: David Robinson/Herb Williams

Coach: Chuck Daly

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Star View Post
The next time Kyrie tries to hero ball Lebron will dropkick him in the throat.
XxIrvingxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:57 PM   #44 (permalink)
All-Star
 
hroz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 7,018
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Rep Power: 1396406
hroz has a reputation beyond repute hroz has a reputation beyond repute hroz has a reputation beyond repute hroz has a reputation beyond repute hroz has a reputation beyond repute hroz has a reputation beyond repute hroz has a reputation beyond repute hroz has a reputation beyond repute hroz has a reputation beyond repute hroz has a reputation beyond repute hroz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Knicks Tried To Give Amare Away Over The Offseason

I hate it when people say its only another million or two what's that to him.

When you live with richer people your expenses go up.

As you make more money you find yourself needing more things.
A million extra a year could be used very productively.
Maybe Harden/Amare wants to start a company with it one day, maybe he wants to give it to charity, maybe he wants to build a bigger house or maybe he wants an private jet.

I don't know and I don't care.
But after leaving University (Australia) I have been surprised by the money I need.
Money to buy a house (so expensive in Sydney), Money for a car, etc etc.

And that's just the things I need.
I want to travel more, I want some jet skis, I want a good house that I can decorate with cool gear. And at the same time I would like to give more money to charities or even work for one more regularly.

Houses/Apartments that Amare will be looking at probably start at 15 million.
And another house back home where he was born (near Orlando) 5 million
He probably wants a house for each of his parents another 5 million each.

That's already 30 million. And that doesn't include hangers on, parties, paying Hakeem to tutor him, a new car, investments into companies he will want to make, etc etc.
__________________
ROCKETS
NBA CHAMPIONS
1993-1994
1994-1995
2014-2015
hroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:47 AM   #45 (permalink)
Temporary Sanity
Photobucket
 
Hyperion's Avatar
 
Simon Champion!
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 602
Posts: 18,654
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 234 Post(s)
Rep Power: 21404017
Hyperion has a reputation beyond repute Hyperion has a reputation beyond repute Hyperion has a reputation beyond repute Hyperion has a reputation beyond repute Hyperion has a reputation beyond repute Hyperion has a reputation beyond repute Hyperion has a reputation beyond repute Hyperion has a reputation beyond repute Hyperion has a reputation beyond repute Hyperion has a reputation beyond repute Hyperion has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Knicks Tried To Give Amare Away Over The Offseason

Quote:
Originally Posted by hroz View Post
I hate it when people say its only another million or two what's that to him.

When you live with richer people your expenses go up.

As you make more money you find yourself needing more things.
A million extra a year could be used very productively.
Maybe Harden/Amare wants to start a company with it one day, maybe he wants to give it to charity, maybe he wants to build a bigger house or maybe he wants an private jet.

I don't know and I don't care.
But after leaving University (Australia) I have been surprised by the money I need.
Money to buy a house (so expensive in Sydney), Money for a car, etc etc.

And that's just the things I need.
I want to travel more, I want some jet skis, I want a good house that I can decorate with cool gear. And at the same time I would like to give more money to charities or even work for one more regularly.

Houses/Apartments that Amare will be looking at probably start at 15 million.
And another house back home where he was born (near Orlando) 5 million
He probably wants a house for each of his parents another 5 million each.

That's already 30 million. And that doesn't include hangers on, parties, paying Hakeem to tutor him, a new car, investments into companies he will want to make, etc etc.
Not to mention the upkeep and taxes on those homes is probably round 200-300k a year minimum. Plus maid service and yard service and we're talking about 1-2 million a year just to keep his homes.
__________________
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain...."

"The light that burns twice as bright burns for half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam*Ron View Post
Anyway, gotta get back to the money. Holla at you lames another day.
Hyperion is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:00 AM.



User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2002 2013 BasketballBoards.net.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1