If Mike D'Antoni is such an offensive genius.... - Page 2 - Basketball Forum : Professional and College Basketball Forums
BasketballForum.com is the premier basketball Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 03:21 PM   #16 (permalink)
Tangible
 
Adam's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Age: 28
Posts: 13,488
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 398 Post(s)
Rep Power: 9750102
Adam has a reputation beyond repute Adam has a reputation beyond repute Adam has a reputation beyond repute Adam has a reputation beyond repute Adam has a reputation beyond repute Adam has a reputation beyond repute Adam has a reputation beyond repute Adam has a reputation beyond repute Adam has a reputation beyond repute Adam has a reputation beyond repute Adam has a reputation beyond repute
Re: If Mike D'Antoni is such an offensive genius....

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBadLT123 View Post
Now that Bynum is gone, Pau is now 100% the scapegoat.
D'Antoni is the scapegoat. First it was Mike Brown.
__________________


Quote:
Jeremy Tyler was in Portland for a pre-draft workout on Thursday and was asked about Blazers coach Nate McMillan. “Nate McMillan,” he said. “No … What college is that?”
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-06-2013, 03:30 PM   #17 (permalink)
Dre
do better
Photobucket
 

Join Date: Jun 2003
Age: 26
Posts: 41,522
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Rep Power: 21474889
Dre has a reputation beyond repute Dre has a reputation beyond repute Dre has a reputation beyond repute Dre has a reputation beyond repute Dre has a reputation beyond repute Dre has a reputation beyond repute Dre has a reputation beyond repute Dre has a reputation beyond repute Dre has a reputation beyond repute Dre has a reputation beyond repute Dre has a reputation beyond repute
But its for good reason. I dont know why you're in here defending him


Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App
Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:30 PM   #18 (permalink)
Tangible
 
Adam's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Age: 28
Posts: 13,488
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 398 Post(s)
Rep Power: 9750102
Adam has a reputation beyond repute Adam has a reputation beyond repute Adam has a reputation beyond repute Adam has a reputation beyond repute Adam has a reputation beyond repute Adam has a reputation beyond repute Adam has a reputation beyond repute Adam has a reputation beyond repute Adam has a reputation beyond repute Adam has a reputation beyond repute Adam has a reputation beyond repute
Re: If Mike D'Antoni is such an offensive genius....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dre View Post
But its for good reason. I dont know why you're in here defending him


Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App
Because he's not the reason Pau sucks.
__________________


Quote:
Jeremy Tyler was in Portland for a pre-draft workout on Thursday and was asked about Blazers coach Nate McMillan. “Nate McMillan,” he said. “No … What college is that?”
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:55 PM   #19 (permalink)
Dre
do better
Photobucket
 

Join Date: Jun 2003
Age: 26
Posts: 41,522
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Rep Power: 21474889
Dre has a reputation beyond repute Dre has a reputation beyond repute Dre has a reputation beyond repute Dre has a reputation beyond repute Dre has a reputation beyond repute Dre has a reputation beyond repute Dre has a reputation beyond repute Dre has a reputation beyond repute Dre has a reputation beyond repute Dre has a reputation beyond repute Dre has a reputation beyond repute
You keep going in circles. Like I said Pau doesn't suck he's just being misused and it's on D'Antoni. From day 1 D'Antoni never gave him the chance to be himself to even decide if he's lost a step. He just couldn't wait to put a stretch 4 in

We've seen him sulk and underperform before..I dont think hed ever live down how KG dominated him in 07 but he did. He's always up or down based on his mood.

He's not a guy who's going to lose a lot because of physical depreciation, he's physical and crafty...it's clear he's just not comfortable

But whatever agree to disagree


Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App
Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:03 PM   #20 (permalink)
Tangible
 
Adam's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Age: 28
Posts: 13,488
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 398 Post(s)
Rep Power: 9750102
Adam has a reputation beyond repute Adam has a reputation beyond repute Adam has a reputation beyond repute Adam has a reputation beyond repute Adam has a reputation beyond repute Adam has a reputation beyond repute Adam has a reputation beyond repute Adam has a reputation beyond repute Adam has a reputation beyond repute Adam has a reputation beyond repute Adam has a reputation beyond repute
Re: If Mike D'Antoni is such an offensive genius....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dre View Post
You keep going in circles.
Huh?
__________________


Quote:
Jeremy Tyler was in Portland for a pre-draft workout on Thursday and was asked about Blazers coach Nate McMillan. “Nate McMillan,” he said. “No … What college is that?”
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:16 PM   #21 (permalink)
Dre
do better
Photobucket
 

Join Date: Jun 2003
Age: 26
Posts: 41,522
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Rep Power: 21474889
Dre has a reputation beyond repute Dre has a reputation beyond repute Dre has a reputation beyond repute Dre has a reputation beyond repute Dre has a reputation beyond repute Dre has a reputation beyond repute Dre has a reputation beyond repute Dre has a reputation beyond repute Dre has a reputation beyond repute Dre has a reputation beyond repute Dre has a reputation beyond repute
you keep saying Pau sucks im saying he hasnt been given a fair shake and you just reply with "because he sucks"....let's not write off all-star caliber players who haven't been used right in years

I guess I should say we're going in circles


Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App
Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:12 PM   #22 (permalink)
Limehouse Blues
Photobucket
 
Diable's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 26,056
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 666 Post(s)
Rep Power: 15023784
Diable has a reputation beyond repute Diable has a reputation beyond repute Diable has a reputation beyond repute Diable has a reputation beyond repute Diable has a reputation beyond repute Diable has a reputation beyond repute Diable has a reputation beyond repute Diable has a reputation beyond repute Diable has a reputation beyond repute Diable has a reputation beyond repute Diable has a reputation beyond repute
Re: If Mike D'Antoni is such an offensive genius....

You don't get paid to make excuses, you get paid to help your team win games. However the real problem with the Lakers is the fact that they play defense as though they don't give a shit. They don't get back on defense for shit and they don't put forth the effort it takes to be good. That was the problem under Mike Brown and it's still the problem with D'Antoni.
__________________
Diable is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:31 PM   #23 (permalink)
Will of Chilltown
 
doctordrizzay's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,701
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Rep Power: 112374
doctordrizzay has disabled reputation
Re: If Mike D'Antoni is such an offensive genius....

How is Pau suppose to do anything when Kobe is shooting 30-40 shots a game? There's only 1 ball
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77AJ View Post
LeBron James just earned a new fan. Welcome to the Miami Heat Dynasty years! Hell yeah, D Wade, Bosh, and LBJ going to run the NBA for the next 5-8 years.
http://www.basketballforum.com/nba-f...s-heat-43.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Star View Post
The "Drizzy found dead after the Pacers knocked Miami from the playoffs" thread will make for a ton of laughs.
A Sad Sad Sad Human Being.
doctordrizzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:57 PM   #24 (permalink)
God
 
hobojoe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 61,648
Mentioned: 1263 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4442 Post(s)
Rep Power: 8325029
hobojoe has a reputation beyond repute hobojoe has a reputation beyond repute hobojoe has a reputation beyond repute hobojoe has a reputation beyond repute hobojoe has a reputation beyond repute hobojoe has a reputation beyond repute hobojoe has a reputation beyond repute hobojoe has a reputation beyond repute hobojoe has a reputation beyond repute hobojoe has a reputation beyond repute hobojoe has a reputation beyond repute
Re: If Mike D'Antoni is such an offensive genius....

What does being an offensive genius have to do with coddling a talented, but mentally weak big man? The premise of your argument is that D'Antoni should be doing more to make Pau comfortable and putting him a position to succeed, but at the expense of what? The better players on the team? Pau needs to do his job better and D'Antoni doesn't need to worry about Pau putting up all-star numbers. The Lakers are fine offensively, they're putting up over 106 ppg since Nash and Gasol came back.

The bigger issue for D'Antoni would be getting his 3-time DPOY center to play somewhere close to his defensive potential.
hobojoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:14 PM   #25 (permalink)
Beware of Elbows
Photobucket
 
Damian Necronamous's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 18,475
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Rep Power: 2271100
Damian Necronamous has a reputation beyond repute Damian Necronamous has a reputation beyond repute Damian Necronamous has a reputation beyond repute Damian Necronamous has a reputation beyond repute Damian Necronamous has a reputation beyond repute Damian Necronamous has a reputation beyond repute Damian Necronamous has a reputation beyond repute Damian Necronamous has a reputation beyond repute Damian Necronamous has a reputation beyond repute Damian Necronamous has a reputation beyond repute Damian Necronamous has a reputation beyond repute
Re: If Mike D'Antoni is such an offensive genius....

I'm gonna go ahead and say that Mike D'Antoni is not an offensive genius.
__________________
Chick Hearn: This game is in the refrigerator. The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are gettin' cool, the butter's gettin' hard, and the jellooooooo's jigglin'!

Where'd all the good players go?
PG: Jeremy Lin // Steve Nash // Jordan Clarkson
SG: Kobe Bryant // Xavier Henry
SF: Wesley Johnson // Nick Young
PF: Carlos Boozer // Julius Randle // Ryan Kelly
C: Jordan Hill // Ed Davis // Robert Sacre
Damian Necronamous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:38 PM   #26 (permalink)
BBB.net archivist
Photobucket
 
Jamel Irief's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2002
Location: SoCal
Age: 97
Posts: 24,712
Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1655 Post(s)
Rep Power: 14058336
Jamel Irief has a reputation beyond repute Jamel Irief has a reputation beyond repute Jamel Irief has a reputation beyond repute Jamel Irief has a reputation beyond repute Jamel Irief has a reputation beyond repute Jamel Irief has a reputation beyond repute Jamel Irief has a reputation beyond repute Jamel Irief has a reputation beyond repute Jamel Irief has a reputation beyond repute Jamel Irief has a reputation beyond repute Jamel Irief has a reputation beyond repute
Pau, hasn't lost ability. He's lost confidence. It's affecting everything but his passing and jump shooting.

It's pretty hard to watch as a fan of his, and you really can't blame Pringles for it.
__________________
Jamel Irief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:52 PM   #27 (permalink)
Vlade Divac's biggest fan
 
XxIrvingxX's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,883
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 303 Post(s)
Rep Power: 472331
XxIrvingxX has disabled reputation
Re: If Mike D'Antoni is such an offensive genius....

He never was an offensive genius. He had a retarded system that worked in Phoenix because he had the right players for it. Now here he is on a slow team and he's expecting it to work, and it's failing miserably. He's an idiot. He has Pau out there on the perimeter for a good majority of the game, why? Just because. The Lakers ever since switching to MD have shown that they give much less of a shit on defense as before, which pretty much gives away that it's D'Antoni's fault, and above all of that, despite the fact that it's failing, despite the fact that it's resulting in the Lakers losing as D'Antoni looks on, he not only continues to act like that's not a big reason for the Laker's struggles, but he makes no attempt to change it. He is an idiot. The guy that hired D'Antoni to do this is an idiot. And anyone who supported the idea of D'Antoni being hired IS AN IDIOT.

And to make things even worse, HE LOOKS LIKE THE GUY THAT'S ON THE BOX OF MY FAVORITE JUNK FOOD GROWING UP. YOU RUINED MY CHILDHOOD, I HATTEEE YOUUUUU OBOWULKBULAISULERWUPEROIWTFUIWOEIROPEIWUPWEIROPU
__________________
Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Legends Draft Team

PG: Derrick Rose/Norm Van Lier
SG: Joe Dumars/Hal Greer
SF: Dan Majerle/Jamal Mashburn
PF: Karl Malone/Zach Randolph
C: David Robinson/Herb Williams

Coach: Chuck Daly

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Star View Post
The next time Kyrie tries to hero ball Lebron will dropkick him in the throat.
XxIrvingxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:15 PM   #28 (permalink)
Temporary Sanity
Photobucket
 
Hyperion's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 602
Posts: 18,652
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Rep Power: 21404017
Hyperion has a reputation beyond repute Hyperion has a reputation beyond repute Hyperion has a reputation beyond repute Hyperion has a reputation beyond repute Hyperion has a reputation beyond repute Hyperion has a reputation beyond repute Hyperion has a reputation beyond repute Hyperion has a reputation beyond repute Hyperion has a reputation beyond repute Hyperion has a reputation beyond repute Hyperion has a reputation beyond repute
Re: If Mike D'Antoni is such an offensive genius....

Yeah, what an idiot for running a motion offense on two teams of ball stoppers. The lakers have been bottom in the league in assists for a while now (like years) and it's because they don't have more than a bunch of isolation players. Now Nash and D'Antoni are trying to get a team of players who never pass to play a motion offense.
__________________
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain...."

"The light that burns twice as bright burns for half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam*Ron View Post
Anyway, gotta get back to the money. Holla at you lames another day.
Hyperion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:39 AM   #29 (permalink)
All-Star
 
e-monk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 7,644
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Rep Power: 3525844
e-monk has a reputation beyond repute e-monk has a reputation beyond repute e-monk has a reputation beyond repute e-monk has a reputation beyond repute e-monk has a reputation beyond repute e-monk has a reputation beyond repute e-monk has a reputation beyond repute e-monk has a reputation beyond repute e-monk has a reputation beyond repute e-monk has a reputation beyond repute e-monk has a reputation beyond repute
Re: If Mike D'Antoni is such an offensive genius....

um motion offense? you mean like the um triangle? historically the lakers dont have dimes because they had no PG

meanwhile, the Lakers are a top 5 offensive team and a bottom 5 defensive team but yeah, let's keep focusing on offense

Last edited by e-monk; 01-07-2013 at 08:45 AM.
e-monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:19 AM   #30 (permalink)
Jesus Shuttlesworth
 
Marcus13's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Indianapolis
Age: 26
Posts: 15,610
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Rep Power: 3251046
Marcus13 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus13 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus13 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus13 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus13 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus13 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus13 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus13 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus13 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus13 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus13 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: If Mike D'Antoni is such an offensive genius....

They have one of the best offenses in the league...when you have four All-Star caliber players in your starting lineup, something has to give stastically.

What are we really talking about here?
__________________
Marcus13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:45 AM.



User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2002 — 2013 BasketballBoards.net.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1