Seriously! What's so spectacular about Wade? - Page 2 - Basketball Forum : Professional and College Basketball Forums
BasketballForum.com is the premier basketball Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2013, 08:25 PM   #16 (permalink)
Player
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 500
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: Seriously! What's so spectacular about Wade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince View Post
Name a guard in the East that is better than Wade.
OK, you have got me there! Someone posed this same question to me about the 2011 or 2012 All-Star game when I thought Wade didn't deserve a "starting" spot even then, and I couldn't come up with a shooting guard more worthy of his starting spot.

Therefore, I guess Wade gets a starting All-Star spot by DEFAULT, not MERIT. Am I right? I mean, at least one poster has already admitted that Wade is not on the same level as Lebron or Durant, yet he still gets to start like Lebron and Durant. : )
JBKB is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-07-2013, 08:38 PM   #17 (permalink)
Administrator
Photobucket
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Age: 31
Posts: 94,271
Mentioned: 904 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2987 Post(s)
Re: Seriously! What's so spectacular about Wade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemphisX View Post
Because he is Jaymes Gold fool!
Dissonance is offline  
Old 03-07-2013, 09:06 PM   #18 (permalink)
Player
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 500
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: Seriously! What's so spectacular about Wade?

Well, it turns out Bleacher Report ACTUALLY IS CREDIBLE now that NBA on TNT has just promoted it to fans during the halftime of tonight's Clippers/Nuggets game. : ) LOL
JBKB is offline  
Old 03-07-2013, 09:59 PM   #19 (permalink)
All-Star
 
e-monk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 7,800
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 410 Post(s)
Re: Seriously! What's so spectacular about Wade?

you are pure gold for these forums, long may you post you silly little troll
e-monk is offline  
Old 03-07-2013, 10:21 PM   #20 (permalink)
Dynamic Duo
Photobucket
 
Jace's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Miami/Raleigh
Age: 28
Posts: 20,347
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Re: Seriously! What's so spectacular about Wade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBKB View Post
Just to let you guys know, SHAQ has used Bleacher Report as a source during NBA on TNT. If I'm not mistaken Ernie Johnson has too, but I may be wrong about him. All in all, I do agree with you all that Bleacher Report isn't the most credible source (which I never claimed it to be).

Anyway, I think Wade is a great player, and "I DO THINK" he deserved to be in the All-Star game, BUT do you all really believe he deserved a "STARTING" spot given his bad start?
AS starter spots have nothing to do with "deserve." And even if they did, despite his start being beneath his normal production and level of play, it was still very much worthy of starting in the AS game, and better than any guard in the league. But it's not about deserving. As it's a fan vote (fans, collectively, are not discerning voters) it's about your previous career and current level of popularity. Fortunately for Dwyane, he's sound with both.

On BR, this might help: TNT paid A SHITLOAD of clams (GANGSTA TALK FOR CASH! ) for it, for what reason I am not business savvy enough to know. They our now intertwined. They are promoting it because they have to.
__________________
Jace's soundcloud
Jace is offline  
Old 03-07-2013, 10:23 PM   #21 (permalink)
Limehouse Blues
Photobucket
 
Diable's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 26,181
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 688 Post(s)
Re: Seriously! What's so spectacular about Wade?

Shaq and Ernie get paid to say bleacher report...TNT has some sort of relationship with it. This doesn't mean I am responding to a post which implores me to take bleacher report seriously. I can go to any sports bar in town and find six drunk guys who can tell me the same shit that I'd read on there, if I felt my time was not any more valuable than that.
__________________
Diable is offline  
Old 03-08-2013, 12:36 AM   #22 (permalink)
Dynamic Duo
Photobucket
 
Jace's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Miami/Raleigh
Age: 28
Posts: 20,347
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Re: Seriously! What's so spectacular about Wade?

Sorry, I accidentally hit send early on the last post.

You never said it was a credible source?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBKB View Post
...like, my man. Not only did you call it a "source," with no indication whatsoever that it might be suspect, but you bolded, CAPITALIZED, and s p a c e d the damn word. You sure made it seem as though you were fully bought in on it being a legit source. No backtracking for you.

Just so you know, Jamel's source is infinitely more credible than yours right off the bat, and that's a sad thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBKB View Post
OK, you have got me there! Someone posed this same question to me about the 2011 or 2012 All-Star game when I thought Wade didn't deserve a "starting" spot even then, and I couldn't come up with a shooting guard more worthy of his starting spot.

Therefore, I guess Wade gets a starting All-Star spot by DEFAULT, not MERIT. Am I right? I mean, at least one poster has already admitted that Wade is not on the same level as Lebron or Durant, yet he still gets to start like Lebron and Durant. : )
Your deductive reasoning is either on the level of a clinically, mentally-challenged person, or, as we suspect, you're an incessant troll. I'm bored, so I'll approach as if it's neither and you're just in dire need of enlightenment.

First off, just because someone asks you if there are any 2-guards (or, shit, guards in general) in the East that you'd pick ahead of Wade in order to help you understand he's deserving of the spot, does not mean he receives the spot because there's just no one better. Please, go back and review the other responses to your OP. Wade is a bonafide superstar and historic great. He's a deserving perennial All-Star (usurping a prime highlight machine in Vinsanity in his 3rd season). I mean, his rookie season he ultimately became the best player on a team that went from an 0-7 start (at the time the Bobcat-esque laughingstock of the NBA) to the 4th seed in the East. By the playoffs of his 2nd season he wound up being the best player on a team featuring a guy many thought was the MVP that season (Shaq). His 3rd season? I'd assume you know, but you really have a way of shocking me, so I'll inform you: He lead his team to a championship on the back of what many consider (see: John Hollinger's top Finals performances) the best Finals performance in NBA history, as well as a ridiculous playoff performance (much like the ridiculous playoff performance he put in the previous year) and regular season prior to it. Go back in the history of the league and you won't find many 2-guards who you could make a legitimate case would start over him in an ASG (Jordan, Kobe,...?). He's actually underrated for what he's provided his teams throughout his career. Shit, look at his work in international play (specifically '06/'08). Pretty sure he lead the team in scoring both years, despite coming off the bench. A lot of basketball geeks like his peak over Kobe's. Comparing peak to peak with the two is an argument I've decided to abstain from, but I know the case could be made for either one based purely on basketball performance.

I don't understand your obsession with filling the AS team with players as good as LeBron and Durant. There are exactly two players that good living in the entire world: LeBron James. Kevin Durant. Seeing as Wade is still a top 5-6 player in the league, and the best 2nd-option on any squad, I'd say he's far from the worst AS starter. If there are only two "best" players in the league, should the AS game just be 2 players? You see how you don't make sense?

What else you got? I'm enjoying talking about how awesome Wade is. :dwade:
__________________
Jace's soundcloud
Jace is offline  
Old 03-08-2013, 08:18 AM   #23 (permalink)
6th Man
 
The Big Dipper's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 283
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: Seriously! What's so spectacular about Wade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamel Irief View Post
Well I counter your source with a source from a NBA analyst that said's he's pretty good.

S O U R C E:

http://www.basketballforum.com/7394674-post4.html
I think I am about to watch something legendary go down.
The Big Dipper is offline  
Old 03-10-2013, 01:13 AM   #24 (permalink)
Player
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 500
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: Seriously! What's so spectacular about Wade?

@JACE

I guess that's where I disagree with you. You bring up Wade's past achievements as merit for a starting 2013 All-star spot. However, I believe selection for a coveted starting spot in the 2013 All-star game should be based solely on excellent performance for the 2012-2013 season leading up to All-star weekend.

However, I do agree with those who say Lebron and Durant only take up two spots, and the rest need to be filled. Ok fill Wade by default, not merit because any true observer will admit Wade did NOT play well early this season. He simply got chosen for the reasons you outlined above (his past season's achievements).
JBKB is offline  
Old 03-10-2013, 01:28 AM   #25 (permalink)
Dynamic Duo
Photobucket
 
Jace's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Miami/Raleigh
Age: 28
Posts: 20,347
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Re: Seriously! What's so spectacular about Wade?

No, I was saying that's how the fans vote. Ballots open extremely early in the season. No players play will be enough to sway voters away from who they're used to, save for certain rare exceptions. And again, you're forgetting the point that even while recovering from knee surgery he was the best guard in the East.

I don't get why you keep jumping to "default." By claiming "any true observer" should believe Wade played poorly to start the season, you're proving you don't watch basketball. He had some bad games on national TV and got called out by Barkley, which is why you believe that, since he's the television voice of the NBA, as awful an analyst as he may be. Check the numbers, though, he was still great overall. Yes, some players do get unjustly gifted an AS starter spot based on career achievement, but your crusade to prove Wade is one just makes you look clueless.

You should really check out this basketball stuff. It's more exhilarating to actually watch it, rather than just read your friends on twitter talk about it.
__________________
Jace's soundcloud
Jace is offline  
Old 03-10-2013, 10:12 PM   #26 (permalink)
Dre
do better
Photobucket
 

Join Date: Jun 2003
Age: 26
Posts: 41,522
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Re: Seriously! What's so spectacular about Wade?

Wade fell off a little bit though

So this thread isn't even that fair to make
Dre is offline  
Old 03-10-2013, 10:20 PM   #27 (permalink)
Player
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 500
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: Seriously! What's so spectacular about Wade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dre View Post
Wade fell off a little bit though

So this thread isn't even that fair to make
lol... Yes, he has fallen off.


Believe it or not though, the intention of my thread wasn't entirely to bash Wade. What I was really trying to ask the world is "What makes Wade difficult to duplicate?"

For instance, Lebron James and Kevin Durant have skills that are extremely difficult to replicate. However, what makes Wade so difficult to duplicate? How come we don't see more Wade type players? Is Wade in his own world too?
JBKB is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 05:07 AM   #28 (permalink)
All-Star
 
e-monk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 7,800
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 410 Post(s)
Re: Seriously! What's so spectacular about Wade?

we understand what the intention of your thread is - it's the same intention that inspires every one of your threads
e-monk is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 05:30 AM   #29 (permalink)
All-Star
 
e-monk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 7,800
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 410 Post(s)
Re: Seriously! What's so spectacular about Wade?

btw am I forgetting? did Wade have offseason surgery?
e-monk is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 06:59 AM   #30 (permalink)
Limehouse Blues
Photobucket
 
Diable's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 26,181
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 688 Post(s)
Re: Seriously! What's so spectacular about Wade?

Wade had to get a new gyro installed. That's why he kept falling down all the time last year, the old one was busted and kept telling him that horizontal was vertical.
__________________
Diable is offline  
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:28 AM.



User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2002 2013 BasketballBoards.net.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1