Kevin Love versus historical greats - Page 4 - Basketball Forum : Professional and College Basketball Forums
BasketballForum.com is the premier basketball Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 08:33 AM   #46 (permalink)
All-Star
 
e-monk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 7,358
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Rep Power: 3306424
e-monk has a reputation beyond repute e-monk has a reputation beyond repute e-monk has a reputation beyond repute e-monk has a reputation beyond repute e-monk has a reputation beyond repute e-monk has a reputation beyond repute e-monk has a reputation beyond repute e-monk has a reputation beyond repute e-monk has a reputation beyond repute e-monk has a reputation beyond repute e-monk has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kevin Love versus historical greats

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxIrvingxX View Post
Dwyane Wade won a title without an all star around him.
I think you're forgetting the refs
e-monk is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-10-2013, 09:34 AM   #47 (permalink)
Vlade Divac's biggest fan
 
XxIrvingxX's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Brook Park, Ohio
Posts: 4,750
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Rep Power: 472331
XxIrvingxX has disabled reputation
Re: Kevin Love versus historical greats

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-monk View Post
I think you're forgetting the refs
There's a difference between an NBA player taking advantage of idiotic rules at the time (which is what Wade did), and refs making obvious idiotic calls on a consistent basis (2002 playoffs kings vs lakers is a perfect example). But I'll admit there were some calls in that finals series that made me want to throw my remote at the TV at times.
__________________
Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Legends Draft Team

PG: Derrick Rose/Norm Van Lier
SG: Joe Dumars/Hal Greer
SF: Dan Majerle/Jamal Mashburn
PF: Karl Malone/Zach Randolph
C: David Robinson/Herb Williams

Coach: Chuck Daly
XxIrvingxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:59 AM   #48 (permalink)
Better Call Saul
Photobucket
 
Luke's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 13,175
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Rep Power: 4521854
Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute
Allen Iverson was a shooting guard, Eric snow was the point guard against the lakers. And Dwayne had an all nba first team center who made the all star team. You're wrong.


Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App
__________________
Formerly VanillaPrice
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:28 AM   #49 (permalink)
All-Star
 
e-monk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 7,358
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Rep Power: 3306424
e-monk has a reputation beyond repute e-monk has a reputation beyond repute e-monk has a reputation beyond repute e-monk has a reputation beyond repute e-monk has a reputation beyond repute e-monk has a reputation beyond repute e-monk has a reputation beyond repute e-monk has a reputation beyond repute e-monk has a reputation beyond repute e-monk has a reputation beyond repute e-monk has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kevin Love versus historical greats

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxIrvingxX View Post
There's a difference between an NBA player taking advantage of idiotic rules at the time (which is what Wade did), and refs making obvious idiotic calls on a consistent basis (2002 playoffs kings vs lakers is a perfect example). But I'll admit there were some calls in that finals series that made me want to throw my remote at the TV at times.
the Heat (especially Haslem) got a lot of latitude in how they (man)handled Dirk, the Mavs couldnt even breath on Wade - he went to the line 18 times in game 3, 25 times in game 5 and 21 times in game 6 - that's outlandish
e-monk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:01 PM   #50 (permalink)
Vlade Divac's biggest fan
 
XxIrvingxX's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Brook Park, Ohio
Posts: 4,750
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Rep Power: 472331
XxIrvingxX has disabled reputation
Re: Kevin Love versus historical greats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Allen Iverson was a shooting guard, Eric snow was the point guard against the lakers. And Dwayne had an all nba first team center who made the all star team. You're wrong.


Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App
You can bring up how good Shaq was in the regular season all you want, that still doesn't excuse the fact that he performed like shit in the finals, a fact I've noticed you continue to ignore.

And Allen Iverson was the starting PG in the finals. Only one wrong here is you.
__________________
Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Legends Draft Team

PG: Derrick Rose/Norm Van Lier
SG: Joe Dumars/Hal Greer
SF: Dan Majerle/Jamal Mashburn
PF: Karl Malone/Zach Randolph
C: David Robinson/Herb Williams

Coach: Chuck Daly

Last edited by XxIrvingxX; 01-10-2013 at 04:07 PM.
XxIrvingxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:02 PM   #51 (permalink)
Vlade Divac's biggest fan
 
XxIrvingxX's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Brook Park, Ohio
Posts: 4,750
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Rep Power: 472331
XxIrvingxX has disabled reputation
Re: Kevin Love versus historical greats

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-monk View Post
the Heat (especially Haslem) got a lot of latitude in how they (man)handled Dirk, the Mavs couldnt even breath on Wade - he went to the line 18 times in game 3, 25 times in game 5 and 21 times in game 6 - that's outlandish
And a lot of that had to do with the way Wade was attacking the Mavs. Granted there were a lot of questionable calls but most of the time it was simply Wade attacking and the Mavs having no idea how to defend him without fouling.
__________________
Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Legends Draft Team

PG: Derrick Rose/Norm Van Lier
SG: Joe Dumars/Hal Greer
SF: Dan Majerle/Jamal Mashburn
PF: Karl Malone/Zach Randolph
C: David Robinson/Herb Williams

Coach: Chuck Daly
XxIrvingxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:06 PM   #52 (permalink)
King of the Interwebz!
Photobucket
 
R-Star's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Clive
Age: 31
Posts: 44,194
Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2267 Post(s)
Rep Power: 21474893
R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kevin Love versus historical greats

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxIrvingxX View Post
And a lot of that had to do with the way Wade was attacking the Mavs. Granted there were a lot of questionable calls but most of the time it was simply Wade attacking and the Mavs having no idea how to defend him without fouling.
No. If there were some magic move where you can drive the rim and draw a foul every time, that would make a little more sense.

It was a combination of the refs playing favorites, and Dwyane perfecting flopping.
__________________
R-Star is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:35 PM   #53 (permalink)
Better Call Saul
Photobucket
 
Luke's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 13,175
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Rep Power: 4521854
Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kevin Love versus historical greats

Okay, so if Wade played with no all stars en route to the finals then I guess the 2007 Cavaliers didn't have an all star because LeBron sure as hell didn't play like an all star in the San Antonio series depite a historic preformance against Detroit. It's just a stupid argument.
__________________
Formerly VanillaPrice
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:22 PM   #54 (permalink)
Vlade Divac's biggest fan
 
XxIrvingxX's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Brook Park, Ohio
Posts: 4,750
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Rep Power: 472331
XxIrvingxX has disabled reputation
Re: Kevin Love versus historical greats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Okay, so if Wade played with no all stars en route to the finals then I guess the 2007 Cavaliers didn't have an all star because LeBron sure as hell didn't play like an all star in the San Antonio series depite a historic preformance against Detroit. It's just a stupid argument.
So because Shaq was there that automatically means that he was a big reason for the Heat winning the finals that year despite the fact he literally did almost nothing at all that entire series? And you're calling my argument stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Star View Post
No. If there were some magic move where you can drive the rim and draw a foul every time, that would make a little more sense.

It was a combination of the refs playing favorites, and Dwyane perfecting flopping.
So absolutely none of the fouls that happened on Wade were actual fouls, but were in fact Wade just flopping and the refs being stupid? (not playing favorites, enough with that idiotic crap already. There was no "playing favorites" scenario here. Don't forget there were bad calls against the Heat in that series as well, there was bad officiating for both sides. Mavs just got the worst of it).
__________________
Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Legends Draft Team

PG: Derrick Rose/Norm Van Lier
SG: Joe Dumars/Hal Greer
SF: Dan Majerle/Jamal Mashburn
PF: Karl Malone/Zach Randolph
C: David Robinson/Herb Williams

Coach: Chuck Daly
XxIrvingxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:24 PM   #55 (permalink)
King of the Interwebz!
Photobucket
 
R-Star's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Clive
Age: 31
Posts: 44,194
Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2267 Post(s)
Rep Power: 21474893
R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kevin Love versus historical greats

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxIrvingxX View Post
So because Shaq was there that automatically means that he was a big reason for the Heat winning the finals that year despite the fact he literally did almost nothing at all that entire series? And you're calling my argument stupid.



So absolutely none of the fouls that happened on Wade were actual fouls, but were in fact Wade just flopping and the refs being stupid? (not playing favorites, enough with that idiotic crap already. There was no "playing favorites" scenario here. Don't forget there were bad calls against the Heat in that series as well, there was bad officiating for both sides. Mavs just got the worst of it).
So your argument is that if a few of the plays were real fouls, it justifies the rest of the record setting times he went to the line that series?
__________________
R-Star is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:36 PM   #56 (permalink)
Vlade Divac's biggest fan
 
XxIrvingxX's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Brook Park, Ohio
Posts: 4,750
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Rep Power: 472331
XxIrvingxX has disabled reputation
Re: Kevin Love versus historical greats

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Star View Post
So your argument is that if a few of the plays were real fouls, it justifies the rest of the record setting times he went to the line that series?
I'm saying that just because he went to the line a record number of times, that doesn't mean that the majority of the fouls that were called on him were bad or were calls that were intentionally made by the refs to favor Wade. Was the previous record just the refs being biased towards a certain player as well? That's basically what you're saying. From actually seeing the games (which I did), there were about only a handful of calls that you could argue were bad (which I would agree with) or were just the refs playing favorites (which I don't agree with).
__________________
Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Legends Draft Team

PG: Derrick Rose/Norm Van Lier
SG: Joe Dumars/Hal Greer
SF: Dan Majerle/Jamal Mashburn
PF: Karl Malone/Zach Randolph
C: David Robinson/Herb Williams

Coach: Chuck Daly
XxIrvingxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:13 PM   #57 (permalink)
All-Star
 
e-monk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 7,358
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Rep Power: 3306424
e-monk has a reputation beyond repute e-monk has a reputation beyond repute e-monk has a reputation beyond repute e-monk has a reputation beyond repute e-monk has a reputation beyond repute e-monk has a reputation beyond repute e-monk has a reputation beyond repute e-monk has a reputation beyond repute e-monk has a reputation beyond repute e-monk has a reputation beyond repute e-monk has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kevin Love versus historical greats

he took 46 ftas in the last two games of the series

you could theoretically call contact on just about any play in the nba but they dont, except they did then but only for wade and not for when Haslem was pushing Nowitzki all over the floor
e-monk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:16 PM   #58 (permalink)
King of the Interwebz!
Photobucket
 
R-Star's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Clive
Age: 31
Posts: 44,194
Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2267 Post(s)
Rep Power: 21474893
R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kevin Love versus historical greats

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-monk View Post
he took 46 ftas in the last two games of the series
Only a couple were bad, the rest were good calls.....
__________________
R-Star is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:32 AM   #59 (permalink)
Free Mirza!
Photobucket
 

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 6,894
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 703 Post(s)
Rep Power: 4138821
Bogg has disabled reputation
Re: Kevin Love versus historical greats

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxIrvingxX View Post
I'm saying that just because he went to the line a record number of times, that doesn't mean that the majority of the fouls that were called on him were bad or were calls that were intentionally made by the refs to favor Wade. Was the previous record just the refs being biased towards a certain player as well? That's basically what you're saying. From actually seeing the games (which I did), there were about only a handful of calls that you could argue were bad (which I would agree with) or were just the refs playing favorites (which I don't agree with).
That series changed the way they call the Finals, because those last two games were a farce. I can't complain too much, because it helped the Celtics to a championship in 2008. Seriously, compare the way that Wade was handled by the refs in 2006 against the way the Celtics were allowed to body Kobe in 2008 and 2010(where they would have won had Perk not blown out his knee) or Battier was allowed to drape himself on Durant last year.
Bogg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:34 AM   #60 (permalink)
Better Call Saul
Photobucket
 
Luke's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 13,175
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Rep Power: 4521854
Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute
No shaq no ring. Fact. Shaq made the all star team. Fact. Shaq was an all nba first teamer. Fact. This conversation is over.


Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App
__________________
Formerly VanillaPrice
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:47 AM.



User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2002 2013 BasketballBoards.net.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1