If The Malice In The Palace Doesn't Happen... - Page 4 - Basketball Forum : Professional and College Basketball Forums
BasketballForum.com is the premier basketball Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 01:46 PM   #46 (permalink)
King George
Photobucket
 
Gonzo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Indiana
Age: 23
Posts: 11,384
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 15892940
Gonzo has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: If The Malice In The Palace Doesn't Happen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
It was a Jermaine O'Neal led team. Just like the Spurs were a Tim Duncan led team. Does that change the fact that both of those players had plenty of help around them? Of course not. But I never saw Jermaine as a best player on a championship team kind of guy. He was too inefficient offensively. The talent and depth on the roster, along with O'Neal, helped form a great team. They would have contended to be in the finals at least in 2005 and probably in 2006, but I can't see them winning either year. Apparently that makes me the worst person in the world.
I feel as though it was becoming a Ron Artest team, regardless of the fact that Jermaine might have been our emotional leader and captain (which he wasn't, Reggie still was even though he was on the bench). Ron Artest was going to carry that team, not Jermaine.
__________________
Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-07-2012, 02:04 PM   #47 (permalink)
I Fixed the Pacers by putting them in my avatar
Photobucket
 
R-Star's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Clive
Age: 31
Posts: 41,954
Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 21474889
R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute
Re: If The Malice In The Palace Doesn't Happen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
I feel as though it was becoming a Ron Artest team, regardless of the fact that Jermaine might have been our emotional leader and captain (which he wasn't, Reggie still was even though he was on the bench). Ron Artest was going to carry that team, not Jermaine.
He was a lot better of an offensive player back then than people remember.

He sure did some crazy shit though. I remember when he pulled Pierces shorts down on a play and started laughing.
__________________
R-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:47 PM   #48 (permalink)
Banned Member
 
Knick Killer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Canada
Age: 21
Posts: 11,050
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 0
Knick Killer has a reputation beyond repute Knick Killer has a reputation beyond repute Knick Killer has a reputation beyond repute Knick Killer has a reputation beyond repute Knick Killer has a reputation beyond repute Knick Killer has a reputation beyond repute Knick Killer has a reputation beyond repute Knick Killer has a reputation beyond repute Knick Killer has a reputation beyond repute Knick Killer has a reputation beyond repute Knick Killer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: If The Malice In The Palace Doesn't Happen...

This thread has opened wounds that I have been trying to close for years. **** this thread.
Knick Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:29 PM   #49 (permalink)
Better Call Saul
Photobucket
 
Luke's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 13,050
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 4521854
Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute
Re: If The Malice In The Palace Doesn't Happen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Star View Post
Read the multiple posts over if you don't see it.

You could argue the Pacers wouldn't make it past the first round. That's fine, its an opinion.

What makes you a dick head is you aren't debating. As per usual you're coming in, telling everyone they're wrong because "you don't see it", so that must mean your opinion is right and everyone else is wrong.

Its basketball boards, not LukeTellsEveryoneHowItIs.com.


And again, go look up those threads from 2004-2005. JO was being argued as a top big man. You can disagree with it in retrospect all you'd like, it doesn't change that it was being discussed.
I can't debate myself. I stated that -

1.) Jermaine wasn't good enough to be a number one guy on a championship team

2.) Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, Shaq, and Dirk were all better than Jermaine.

3.) The Pacers were really good, but not good enough to beat the Spurs, and Heat/Pistons is questionable.

4.) Karl Malone didn't suck in 2004 and anyone who thinks so does not know what they're talking about.

Those were my points. They have not been debated. I've been quoted multiple times, but no one has debated me. So yeah, if no one on the other side of the argument is willing to put forth an argument then this is LukeTellsEveryoneHowItIs.net because no one has really argued against me. Plenty of complaining, sure. But nobody has come in this thread and had an actual basketball conversation with me.
__________________
Formerly VanillaPrice
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:44 PM   #50 (permalink)
I Fixed the Pacers by putting them in my avatar
Photobucket
 
R-Star's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Clive
Age: 31
Posts: 41,954
Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 21474889
R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute
Re: If The Malice In The Palace Doesn't Happen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I can't debate myself. I stated that -

1.) Jermaine wasn't good enough to be a number one guy on a championship team

2.) Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, Shaq, and Dirk were all better than Jermaine.

3.) The Pacers were really good, but not good enough to beat the Spurs, and Heat/Pistons is questionable.

4.) Karl Malone didn't suck in 2004 and anyone who thinks so does not know what they're talking about.

Those were my points. They have not been debated. I've been quoted multiple times, but no one has debated me. So yeah, if no one on the other side of the argument is willing to put forth an argument then this is LukeTellsEveryoneHowItIs.net because no one has really argued against me. Plenty of complaining, sure. But nobody has come in this thread and had an actual basketball conversation with me.
I'll explain this one last time, because you honestly don't seem to be getting it.

Saying "KG, O'Neal and Duncan were better! There's no debate!" is not a ****ing debate. Do you get that? Do you understand that is a statement of your opinion, not a debate. I mean, I have to ask multiple times because I've said it over and over again and you don't get it.

Again, look up threads from 2005, you'll find people argued Jermaine as on of the top bigs in the game. That happened. Get angry and say they're wrong all you'd like, but the threads are there for you to see.

And again, you saying "No chance they'd beat the Spurs!" is not debating. Its you stating your opinion. So maybe lay off the "I've stated plenty of facts", no buddy, you haven't.


You yourself in a post in this very thread wrote "The Pacers were good enough to beat any team on a given night", so you're kind of contradicting yourself here wouldn't you say?

All anyone has said is that they'd have a shot at winning the title if they kept things together. No one came in acting like they would have been the hands down favorite. But like usual you had to come in and tell everyone how they were wrong, because you're the basketball guru.
__________________
R-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:31 PM   #51 (permalink)
Legend
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 19,468
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 21474864
Mr. Hobbes has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Hobbes has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Hobbes has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Hobbes has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Hobbes has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Hobbes has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Hobbes has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Hobbes has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Hobbes has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Hobbes has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Hobbes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: If The Malice In The Palace Doesn't Happen...

My point: Karl Malone was just a jump shooter as a Laker, and that was terrible.

Luke's counterpoint: No he was great, he didn't suck. He was injured.

lol Luke doesn't know how to debate.
__________________
don't edit me bro
Mr. Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:42 PM   #52 (permalink)
I Fixed the Pacers by putting them in my avatar
Photobucket
 
R-Star's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Clive
Age: 31
Posts: 41,954
Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 21474889
R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute
Re: If The Malice In The Palace Doesn't Happen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hobbes View Post
My point: Karl Malone was just a jump shooter as a Laker, and that was terrible.

Luke's counterpoint: No he was great, he didn't suck. He was injured.

lol Luke doesn't know how to debate.
What are you talking about man, he stated a fact and you can't refute it.

LUKE: "You're wrong. Karl Malone was awesome."

Try to debate facts like that mother ****er.
__________________
R-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:59 AM   #53 (permalink)
Better Call Saul
Photobucket
 
Luke's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 13,050
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 4521854
Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute
Re: If The Malice In The Palace Doesn't Happen...

Karl Malone was a veteran player on a team that needed a stabalizing guy and was effective on both sides of the floor.
__________________
Formerly VanillaPrice
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:42 AM   #54 (permalink)
I Fixed the Pacers by putting them in my avatar
Photobucket
 
R-Star's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Clive
Age: 31
Posts: 41,954
Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 21474889
R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute
Re: If The Malice In The Palace Doesn't Happen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Karl Malone was a veteran player on a team that needed a stabalizing guy and was effective on both sides of the floor.
They had a veteran guy playing the year before. Not to mention they had a ton of elder statesmen guys over the years prior to that to give the locker room speeches.


Malone was ok, but lets not act like he was a huge game changer that year. He was an adequate starter and not much more. It was the twilight of his career.
__________________
R-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:45 AM   #55 (permalink)
Better Call Saul
Photobucket
 
Luke's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 13,050
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 4521854
Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute
Re: If The Malice In The Palace Doesn't Happen...

He was far and away the third best player on the team and easily the most mature starter on a team that featured arguably more babies than any team ever.

I despise Karl Malone, but he was huge for us that year.
__________________
Formerly VanillaPrice
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:47 AM   #56 (permalink)
I Fixed the Pacers by putting them in my avatar
Photobucket
 
R-Star's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Clive
Age: 31
Posts: 41,954
Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 21474889
R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute R-Star has a reputation beyond repute
Re: If The Malice In The Palace Doesn't Happen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
He was far and away the third best player on the team and easily the most mature starter on a team that featured arguably more babies than any team ever.

I despise Karl Malone, but he was huge for us that year.
Huge? I stick with adequate starter, but agree to disagree on this one I guess. You obviously watched the team a lot more than I did that year.
__________________
R-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:32 PM   #57 (permalink)
Better Call Saul
Photobucket
 
Luke's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 13,050
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 4521854
Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute Luke has a reputation beyond repute
Re: If The Malice In The Palace Doesn't Happen...

If he was healthy we would have had a fighting chance against the Pistons. I've always stood by that.

And just to clarify - I thought that Pacers team was awesome. We all know Ron Artest is one of my favorite players ever but Jermaine/Miller/Jackson isn't anything to **** with. Team was absolutely crazy, no doubt, but they were talented enough to back it up. All of this has a lot more to do with how great the Spurs were in 2005 than anything else.
__________________
Formerly VanillaPrice
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:07 PM.



User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8pl1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2002 2013 BasketballBoards.net.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1