Cousins suspended one game for striking O.J. Mayo - Basketball Forum : Professional and College Basketball Forums
BasketballForum.com is the premier basketball Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 02:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
∆ ∆ ∆
Photobucket
 
Coach Fish's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 29,057
Mentioned: 888 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2721 Post(s)
Cousins suspended one game for striking O.J. Mayo

Quote:
SpearsNBAYahoo Kings center DeMarcus Cousins suspended one game without pay for striking Mavs guard O.J. Mayo.
...
__________________
"Winning is the most important thing in my life,after breathing. Breathing first, winning next"-George Steinbrenner

“Challenges are for Champions.”
Coach Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-12-2012, 02:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Free Mirza!
Photobucket
 

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,162
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 816 Post(s)
Re: Cousins suspended one game for striking O.J. Mayo

Supposedly he just straight-up punched Mayo in the junk. I haven't seen the clip, only read about it, but assuming the account was roughly accurate I have no problem with the suspension. Sacramento needs to clear a bunch of those kids out and put a veteran locker room around Cousins if he's going to develop. It's done wonders for Andray Blatche in under six months.
Bogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Legal Smeagol
Photobucket
 
Krstic All-Star's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: On an undeserted island
Age: 35
Posts: 30,733
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Re: Cousins suspended one game for striking O.J. Mayo

Anyone else having Derrick Coleman flashbacks?
__________________
LIPA delenda est
Krstic All-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Tangible
 
Adam's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Age: 28
Posts: 13,505
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 401 Post(s)
Re: Cousins suspended one game for striking O.J. Mayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogg View Post
Supposedly he just straight-up punched Mayo in the junk. I haven't seen the clip, only read about it, but assuming the account was roughly accurate I have no problem with the suspension. Sacramento needs to clear a bunch of those kids out and put a veteran locker room around Cousins if he's going to develop. It's done wonders for Andray Blatche in under six months.
That has nothing to do with it. Blatche almost got kicked out of the league. He's playing for a one year minimum and trying to earn more.
__________________


Quote:
Jeremy Tyler was in Portland for a pre-draft workout on Thursday and was asked about Blazers coach Nate McMillan. “Nate McMillan,” he said. “No … What college is that?”
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Free Mirza!
Photobucket
 

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,162
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 816 Post(s)
Re: Cousins suspended one game for striking O.J. Mayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
That has nothing to do with it. Blatche almost got kicked out of the league. He's playing for a one year minimum and trying to earn more.
Blatche has come out and said what a different locker room atmosphere Brooklyn is compared to the nuthouse that was Washington last year and the positive effect it's had on him. I'm not saying he's now a veteran leader, but if you don't think that the make-up of a locker room matters, you're flat wrong.
Bogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Tangible
 
Adam's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Age: 28
Posts: 13,505
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 401 Post(s)
Re: Cousins suspended one game for striking O.J. Mayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogg View Post
Blatche has come out and said what a different locker room atmosphere Brooklyn is compared to the nuthouse that was Washington last year and the positive effect it's had on him. I'm not saying he's now a veteran leader, but if you don't think that the make-up of a locker room matters, you're flat wrong.
Blatche was kicked off his team. He's on a one year contract playing for a new contract. End of story.
__________________


Quote:
Jeremy Tyler was in Portland for a pre-draft workout on Thursday and was asked about Blazers coach Nate McMillan. “Nate McMillan,” he said. “No … What college is that?”
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Legal Smeagol
Photobucket
 
Krstic All-Star's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: On an undeserted island
Age: 35
Posts: 30,733
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Re: Cousins suspended one game for striking O.J. Mayo

Blatche will get a nice new contract, since he's averaging almost12 ppg, and nearly 19 ppg as a starter
__________________
LIPA delenda est
Krstic All-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
King of the Interwebz!
Photobucket
 
R-Star's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Clive
Age: 31
Posts: 44,673
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2510 Post(s)
Re: Cousins suspended one game for striking O.J. Mayo

Adam has spoken!
__________________
R-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
Come At Me Bro
 
kbdullah's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 5,514
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 389 Post(s)
Re: Cousins suspended one game for striking O.J. Mayo

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...-mental-issues

There's a clip within the link. Glad he got suspended b/c you shouldn't be giving double technicals as a false equivalency for one guy getting nutchecked.
kbdullah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
All-Star
 
e-monk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 7,810
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 413 Post(s)
Re: Cousins suspended one game for striking O.J. Mayo

let's just establish a very simple rule - you dont hit another guy in the junk, you just dont do it
e-monk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
Free Mirza!
Photobucket
 

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,162
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 816 Post(s)
Re: Cousins suspended one game for striking O.J. Mayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Blatche was kicked off his team.
You understand that this not only supports my argument, but is a core tenet of it, yes? My point about a veteran locker room only makes sense in light of Blatche having been enough a shithead that a team paid him to stay away from their players just this year.
Bogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
Tangible
 
Adam's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Age: 28
Posts: 13,505
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 401 Post(s)
Re: Cousins suspended one game for striking O.J. Mayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogg View Post
You understand that this not only supports my argument, but is a core tenet of it, yes? My point about a veteran locker room only makes sense in light of Blatche having been enough a shithead that a team paid him to stay away from their players just this year.
Blatche didn't have his locker room changed from an immature to a veteran. He changed cities, teams, coaches, and changed financial situation. You're not controlling for those variables. You're making a conjecture. What actually happened is a head case is finally forced to act unlike a child for the first time in years.

Saying Cousins should have what was done for Blatche makes no sense for all those reasons. Blatche isn't an example of a player who had an immature, young locker room swapped out and replaced with a veteran locker room.
__________________


Quote:
Jeremy Tyler was in Portland for a pre-draft workout on Thursday and was asked about Blazers coach Nate McMillan. “Nate McMillan,” he said. “No … What college is that?”
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:02 PM   #13 (permalink)
Free Mirza!
Photobucket
 

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,162
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 816 Post(s)
Re: Cousins suspended one game for striking O.J. Mayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Blatche didn't have his locker room changed from an immature to a veteran. He changed cities, teams, coaches, and changed financial situation. You're not controlling for those variables. You're making a conjecture. What actually happened is a head case is finally forced to act unlike a child for the first time in years.

Saying Cousins should have what was done for Blatche makes no sense for all those reasons. Blatche isn't an example of a player who had an immature, young locker room swapped out and replaced with a veteran locker room.
If your argument is that the two situations are entirely different because Blatche changed locker rooms and Sacramento would be changing the locker room around Cousins, each with the same end result, that's the most wildly idiotic picking of nits I've seen on this board.
Bogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:07 PM   #14 (permalink)
Tangible
 
Adam's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Age: 28
Posts: 13,505
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 401 Post(s)
Re: Cousins suspended one game for striking O.J. Mayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogg View Post
If your argument is that the two situations are entirely different because Blatche changed locker rooms and Sacramento would be changing the locker room around Cousins, each with the same end result, that's the most wildly idiotic picking of nits I've seen on this board.
What is so confusing for you? You said Blatche had his locker room changed for him and it resulted in him being a better player. I'm pointing out that a lot more than just a locker room change occurred. The locker room change was the least of the changes you could have cited for Blatche's rejuvenation.
__________________


Quote:
Jeremy Tyler was in Portland for a pre-draft workout on Thursday and was asked about Blazers coach Nate McMillan. “Nate McMillan,” he said. “No … What college is that?”
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:10 PM   #15 (permalink)
King of the Interwebz!
Photobucket
 
R-Star's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Clive
Age: 31
Posts: 44,673
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2510 Post(s)
Re: Cousins suspended one game for striking O.J. Mayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
What is so confusing for you? You said Blatche had his locker room changed for him and it resulted in him being a better player. I'm pointing out that a lot more than just a locker room change occurred. The locker room change was the least of the changes you could have cited for Blatche's rejuvenation.
Most people think his turn around is primarily because of the change of scenery.
__________________
R-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:55 PM.



User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2002 — 2013 BasketballBoards.net.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1