Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

National Champ Week NCAA Tourney type stuff

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  paulxu 
#1 · (Edited)
If anyone cares, here’s JP’s Schmackatology.

(Not what I "THINK the committee will do," but "What I WOULD SAY if I was the committee)

CHAMPS (11): Liberty, Murray St, Northeastern, Saint Mary’s, Gardner Webb, Bradley, South Dakota St, Northern Kentucky, Fairleigh Dickinson, Iona

Locks (31)
WCC (1): Gonzaga
ACC (6): Virginia*, Duke, North Carolina, Virginia Tech, Florida St, Louisville
B10 (5): Michigan St*, Michigan, Purdue, Wisconsin, Maryland
SEC (5): Kentucky, Tennessee, LSU*, Auburn, Mississippi St
B12 (4): Texas Tech*, Kansas, Iowa St, Kansas St
AAC (3): Houston*, Cincinnati, UCF
BE (2): Villanova*, Marquette
MWC (2): Nevada*, Utah St
P12 (1): Washington*
SoCon (1): Wofford (AUTO)
MAC (1): Buffalo*

AUTO/ONE BID (11)
New Mexico St* (WAC), UC Irvine* (Big West), Vermont* (America East), Yale* (Ivy), Old Dominion* (C-USA), Georgia St* (Sun Belt), Montana* (Big Sky), Colgate* (Patriot), Sam Houston St* (Southland), Prairie View A&M* (SWAC), Norfolk St* (MEAC),

BUBBLE (14 or 15 spots left)
VCU*
UNCG
Belmont
Furman
Temple
Lipscomb
Ole Miss
Toledo
Syracuse
North Carolina St
Baylor
Florida
Hofstra (X)
Saint John's
Seton Hall
=========
TCU
Arizona St
East Tennessee St (X)
Creighton
Georgetown
Clemson (X)
Davidson
Dayton
Colorado
Ohio St
San Francisco (X)
Providence
Oregon
Alabama
Xavier
Oklahoma
Minnesota
Arkansas
Indiana
Memphis
Texas
Butler

Other Potential Bid Stealers Alive: 119

You may now lose your shit.

See less See more
#2 ·
My excel sheet was all jacked up for that first post. Ooops.

UNCG, Furman, Lipscomb deserved bids. With two of TCU/Creighton/Arizona State being the last two in.

Oklahoma, Ohio State and Baylor did not deserve bids. Indiana, Alabama and Texas being considered was a joke.

#4 ·
I think they did a pretty good job. I dont get rankled by seeding too much but I thought it was decent. This committee was much better than previous ones. Its hard to say Team X should be in instead of Team Y. The 1 scenario that fits to me is UNCG over St John's. I think this proves the NET is not much more than 1 of 5 tools they use. I was glad NC St wasnt even close. What I dont know is how should teams react next season for their scheduling besides dont schedule crap cakes for your entire OOC?

#7 ·
I concur that St Johns is problematic, primarily because I believe that you should be at least .500 in your own conference.
But they are a better team than UNCG.

I watched UNCG play Wofford twice this year. Once in the SoCon finals where they lost by 12, and once at home where they lost by 30. The game on their own home court they lost by 29 to Wofford.

Not sure how the NET is calculated, but they had 7 Quad 3, and 15 Quad 4 wins, and 2 non Division 1 wins. 24 of their 28 wins were Quad 3,4 or non Div 1.

That's not a NCAA tournament resume.

Edit: they do have a guy (Alonso) who could probably play anywhere.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.