Basketball Forum : Professional and College Basketball Forums - View Single Post - 2018-2019 Saint Joseph's Hawks
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2019, 05:48 AM   #86 (permalink)
Bona84
All-Star

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1451 Post(s)
Re: 2018-2019 Saint Joseph's Hawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cville Flyer View Post
Per verbalcommits.com Jon Rothstein 6'7" redshirt sophomore wing Charlie Brown has declared himself eligible for the 2019 NBA draft per his Instagram page. Best of luck to him. Don't know if the departure of Phil Martelli influenced his decision but since he made the A-10 All Conference 2nd team and averaged 19 pts. and 6.2 rebounds he must feel that he is ready. He also shot 84.5% from the free throw line.

After making the all rookie team his freshman year averaging 12.8 pts. and 5.0 rebounds he had the misfortune to fracture his left wrist during preseason practice last year. The injury was initially expected to cause a 3 or 4 week absence but it kept him out the entire season!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienAiden View Post
As a fan of a program who has dealt with many many coaching changes it is not lost on me how it is sooooo different when a coach is fired than when a team's coach is plucked due to success. I hope St Joe's will be successful but Lange will have to mine the transfer and JUCO market to get things going. I agree with sjhawk that Nelson would have been a better choice in the short term due to history. He would have garnered interest and would have been able to keep some players. It is tough to watch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by College Hoops View Post
Hopefully, Brown doesn't retain an agent and gets the feedback that he'd be better served with another year of college ball. Hope Kimble reconsiders as well. The A-10 needs to hold onto some their better players, bring some others in to augment them so the conference can raise its profile with good ooc wins next season and beyond.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjhawk13 View Post
Brown has hired an agent and will absolutely not be returning.
What does any of this have to do with the 2018-2019 Saint Joseph’s Hawks?