Basketball Forum : Professional and College Basketball Forums - View Single Post - UMBC Retrievers 2019-2020
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2019, 09:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
charliemike
All-Star

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1329 Post(s)
Re: UMBC Retrievers 2019-2020

Some more links on Johnson:

Nathan Johnson, Waukee, SF/SG
Height/weight: 6-foot-7/195 pounds

2016-17 stats: 12.6 points, 5.1 rebounds, 51.4 percent shooting, 39.7 percent 3-pointers

Recruiting landscape: Air Force offered two summers ago, but it filled all its 2018 spots. We'll see if any Falcons transfer or if any of their 2018 guys decommit. Other Division Is, such as UTEP, Long Beach State, Texas State and Florida Gulf Coast, have expressed interest. Johnson's future simply depends on if a D-I offers, and if it's the right fit. Any Division II school would be thrilled to get him.

Scouting report: Probably the state of Iowa's most well-rounded uncommitted 2018 prospect, Johnson has low-major-to-mid-major D-I skills and athleticism. He plays all over for Waukee. He posts up. He makes plays for his teammates. He sits in the corners for catch-and-shoot 3s. Then, on defense, he can switch 1-5 against high school competition. He's too quick for bigs, and he's too big and long for opposing guards.

https://247sports.com/college/minnes...tch-120160210/

Rated #7 2018 player in Iowa as a junior. Offered by Air Force as a sophomore. Interest from Cornell and others including Minnesota.

Was hurt the summer between his junior and senior years and decided to do a prep year.

From all accounts, we are lucky to have him. He may have flown under the radar. Was supposed to go to Hargrave Military and ended up at Sunrise Christian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
charliemike is offline   Reply With Quote