Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Game 39: Pistons(33-5) @ Wolves(19-19)

2K views 37 replies 9 participants last post by  JoeD 
#1 · (Edited)
@

Gametime:TUESDAY, 7:00 pm (KSTC)

Sheefo's Keys to the Game:Well if we get into a defensive battle with this squad, we are destined to lose. So what needs to happen is we need to push the ball, do not play a half court game with them. Try to get KG going early and often. Guys like Hudson (If he plays), McCants, Jaric, and Hassell will really need to step up. This team is deep, so what you need to do is go at their 2nd guys which is basically the closest to their weak spot. Anthony Carter could play a big role in this one along with Dupree trying to shut down Billups and Hamilton. I can live with Tayshaun Prince going off in this one on Wally. Basically to win this one, we will have to play flawless basketball.. No turnovers, shoot well from the field, get to the line... Flawless basketball is something we have not really played all year...

Prediction:L
Prediction Record:(21-17)

-I will be at this game.. Since one of my good friends is from Detriot.

See less See more
#27 ·
Garnett took 24 shots. I like that.

#28 ·
Good game fellas and thanks for Billups and Flip now if we can only talk ya into letting Garnett come over. Good to see the Minny fans give a warm welcome to Flip after the firing. Detroit is just playin at a different level right now, even as a fan thats watched since early 80s this is a special group that Joe D has put together and they are playin like theyre on a mission this year. Good luck with the rest of the season. :cheers:

#30 ·
The buzz around the Target Center last night was about a possible trade with the Celtics. No, not Mark Blount. The rumor is Szczerbiak, Hassell, and Olowokandi for Pierce and LaFrentz. Somebody even said that Boston agreed to it, but the Wolves backed out because of LaFrentz's big contract. Who knows if anything will happen, but that along with the news that Artest said he wants for either the Wolves or Knicks makes me happy after a tough loss.

#32 ·
socco said:
The buzz around the Target Center last night was about a possible trade with the Celtics. No, not Mark Blount. The rumor is Szczerbiak, Hassell, and Olowokandi for Pierce and LaFrentz. Somebody even said that Boston agreed to it, but the Wolves backed out because of LaFrentz's big contract. Who knows if anything will happen, but that along with the news that Artest said he wants for either the Wolves or Knicks makes me happy after a tough loss.
Where have you seen that Artest said that?

i thinks a big shakeup is really the only thing that could save this season,i wish that trade on peirce will happen,Wally and Hassell worth it,nothing to talk about Olowokandi.

P.S

sorry for the language before.

#33 ·
the main event said:
Where have you seen that Artest said that?

i thinks a big shakeup is really the only thing that could save this season,i wish that trade on peirce will happen,Wally and Hassell worth it,nothing to talk about Olowokandi.

P.S

sorry for the language before.
They said it during the game, and I heard it on Fox 9 news as well.

As for the language, I really just wanted to edit something, no biggy. :D

#34 ·
Ohh ok,cause i just saw Ric Bucher of the Espn,talks about what's next for Artest,he said us and denver fell by the sideroads in the chase.
He said lakers has the upper hand as of now,cause Artese just bought a house in Callifornia as he was thinking he was going to play for either of the LA teams.

#36 ·
Szczerbiak, Hassell, and Olowokandi for Pierce and LaFrentz. Somebody even said that Boston agreed to it, but the Wolves backed out because of LaFrentz's big contract.
What an atrocious deal for Boston. I already said my piece regarding this.

So the Celtics want to get younger or get cap space. They trade LaF's huge salary - for another one! Granted, Wally actually doesn't suck, but why on earth would they trade one big salary to get another one? They get significantly worse without adding youth or helping their cap situation in any major way. That's just plain stupid, I don't think any GM not named Rob Babcock or Isiah Thomas would ever do this deal from the Celtics side. Just keep Pierce in the first place, the cap situation is almost the exact same and you're better with him than S/Hassell/Kandi.

Secondly, Wally/Hassell/Kandi is not enough to fetch Pierce. If the Wolves backed out of this trade, McHale needs to be stabbed. Immediately. With a rusty icepick. Minny's cap situation sucks anyways, and putting Pierce next to KG makes this a very, very dangerous team. Backing out because of LaF's salary, when it is just as much as Szczerbiak's, does not make any sense whatsoever.

There is no way this rumor is correct.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.