Basketball Forum : Professional and College Basketball Forums - View Single Post - M's pick # 5
Thread: M's pick # 5
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2006, 08:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Ghost
The Baseball Guru
Photobucket

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: M's pick # 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Bird
The more time passes the better I feel about the selection of Morrow. The kid has some real positives going for him (great delivery, best arm in the draft, will benefit from the lack of metal bats in the minors). Miller's bonus demands were evidently starting at 8 million, which is insane for an unproven prospect. I can understand (now that I've had time to think about it) why the M's would take a pass on him.

The catcher, Moore, is unlikely to stay behind the plate from what I have heard. He will be moved to either first base or a corner outfield position. He wasn't drafted for his glove, but for his bat. He has displayed good power and a great eye at the plate during his college days.

Outside of adding a centerfielder from Florida State and a shortstop from Stanford, the Mariners have continued to draft pitcher after pitcher (none who truly stand out) trying to restock the lower levels of the minor league system.

I really like the selection of Marrow after seeing some game tape of him during the M's game.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote