Basketball Forum : Professional and College Basketball Forums - View Single Post - Jon Leuer
Thread: Jon Leuer
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 04:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Nimreitz
Legend

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 304 Post(s)
Jon Leuer

6'10'' 235 lbs
Power Forward
Wisconsin

I've been blocking this thread for over a year now because I do think internet message boards can contribute to the hype of a player and maybe even start it if you have Draft Express people monitoring the boards. Leuer is entering his senior year with Wisconsin, and he is ridiculously talented. Very good post moves and a sweet stroke from 3 point range. He has gotten a lot stronger, particularly in the legs, since arriving in Madison, and could be a much better Steve Novak in the NBA. I'll let Jay Wright, coach of Villanova take it away:

Quote:
2. Who's the best college player with USA Basketball?

All five of the guys -- LaceDarius Dunn, Jacob Pullen, Nolan Smith, Kyle Singler and Marcus Morris -- I listed last week as frontrunners for preseason First Team All-America honors are here, so take your pick. But the question that intrigues me isn't the one about who's the best as much as it's the one about who's proved to be better than the people running these workouts anticipated.

I asked Villanova's Jay Wright that exact question.

His answer was Wisconin's Jon Leuer.

"He's really good," Wright said. "Maybe I haven't followed him as well because he's from the Midwest, and maybe he wouldn't surprise anybody else. But he's got great size, he puts it on the floor, he passes it, he can shoot it. He's just a ballplayer."

An NBA ballplayer?

"Yes," Wright answered.

Moments later, I told Leuer that Wright was raving about him.

"Really?" Leuer said. "That's a good guy to get a compliment from."
Nimreitz is offline   Reply With Quote