2018-2019 Dayton Flyers - Page 3 - Basketball Forum : Professional and College Basketball Forums
BasketballForum.com is the premier basketball Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

Like Tree71Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2018, 06:45 AM   #31 (permalink)
All-Star
 
Bill Russell's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 5,816
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2036 Post(s)
Re: 2018-2019 Dayton Flyers

That is a good get for UD. Grant seems to be locked in on 2019-2020 as his balls-out year.
Bill Russell is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-03-2018, 08:12 AM   #32 (permalink)
Veteran
 
urmite's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,297
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 701 Post(s)
Re: 2018-2019 Dayton Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer75 View Post
I'm not sure what this year is going to look like but next year looks very promising. Three players sitting out that will be available next year in Chatman, Watson and this big man. Dayton only loses Cunningham and the core of the team will be Juniors and Seniors.

Of note, Jordy's younger brother was also on the recruiting visit this past weekend.
For a second, I couldn't figure out why Sy Chatman was red shirting for Dayton...
urmite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 08:42 AM   #33 (permalink)
Veteran
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Dayton
Age: 56
Posts: 2,037
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Re: 2018-2019 Dayton Flyers

FWIW, I believe Watson is the best of the three transfers Grant signed this year.
JAF_1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 08-03-2018, 08:48 AM   #34 (permalink)
Veteran
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Dayton
Age: 56
Posts: 2,037
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Re: 2018-2019 Dayton Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Russell View Post
That is a good get for UD. Grant seems to be locked in on 2019-2020 as his balls-out year.
WE just clinched the 19/20 preseason championship.
Bona84 and TeyK67 like this.
JAF_1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 05:09 AM   #35 (permalink)
Rookie
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Re: 2018-2019 Dayton Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer75 View Post
I'm not sure what this year is going to look like but next year looks very promising. Three players sitting out that will be available next year in Chatman, Watson and this big man. Dayton only loses Cunningham and the core of the team will be Juniors and Seniors.

Of note, Jordy's younger brother was also on the recruiting visit this past weekend.
"only loses Cunningham"? That is a pretty large loss-only the best player on your team!
bauman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 06:23 AM   #36 (permalink)
Veteran
 

Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,184
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 311 Post(s)
Re: 2018-2019 Dayton Flyers

Flyer fans hoping big man Jordy Tshimanga uses his sit out year like the late Steve Mc Elvene did i.e. to work on academics, control his weight and develop his game, and not the sit out practice and games of the transferred out, Jordan Pierce.
College Hoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 06:29 AM   #37 (permalink)
Piker
 
AlienAiden's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: orbital socket
Posts: 8,257
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3543 Post(s)
Re: 2018-2019 Dayton Flyers

League is down this year even more than last year. Dayton is in full rebuild mode at least for this year.

PS-I just took what Flyer75 said the other day and replaced VCU with Dayton
__________________
"I can shoot with my left hand, I can shoot with my right hand, I'm amphibious." ~Charles Shackleford
AlienAiden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 06:41 AM   #38 (permalink)
All-Star
 
Flyer75's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,915
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1199 Post(s)
Re: 2018-2019 Dayton Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienAiden View Post
League is down this year even more than last year. Dayton is in full rebuild mode at least for this year.

PS-I just took what Flyer75 said the other day and replaced VCU with Dayton
I'm not sure Dayton is in the rebuild that VCU is in...we are returning 4 starters. And then the following year we return 4 starters again. It looks stable as far players go and we pretty much know exactly what we have in the starting lineup...its the coaching I'm not sure on.

But like I also said in that post, I literally have no clue how the league will pan out this year; its that wide open.

Last edited by Flyer75; 08-09-2018 at 07:01 AM.
Flyer75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 09:55 AM   #39 (permalink)
Veteran
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Dayton
Age: 56
Posts: 2,037
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by College Hoops View Post
Flyer fans hoping big man Jordy Tshimanga uses his sit out year like the late Steve Mc Elvene did i.e. to work on academics, control his weight and develop his game, and not the sit out practice and games of the transferred out, Jordan Pierce.
I don’t see Jordy as having the same issues as Steve.

https://daytonflyers.com/news/2018/8...-nebraska.aspx
JAF_1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 11:19 AM   #40 (permalink)
Veteran
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Dayton
Age: 56
Posts: 2,037
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Obadiah Toppin. A10 Newcomer of the Year 2018/2019.

https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/s...586333184?s=21

6’10” 230 lbs 41” Vertical

The two put back dunks were over Enes Kanter
JAF_1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 10:59 AM   #41 (permalink)
Player
 

Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 664
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 434 Post(s)
Re: 2018-2019 Dayton Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAF_1962 View Post
Obadiah Toppin. A10 Newcomer of the Year 2018/2019.

https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/s...586333184?s=21

6’10” 230 lbs 41” Vertical

The two put back dunks were over Enes Kanter
I suppose he does have as good a chance at that award as anyone else, seeing as it doesn't exist.

Oh, and vertical leaping ability is one of the most overrated traits in college basketball.
nilesgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 12:56 PM   #42 (permalink)
Veteran
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Dayton
Age: 56
Posts: 2,037
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Re: 2018-2019 Dayton Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilesgold View Post
I suppose he does have as good a chance at that award as anyone else, seeing as it doesn't exist.

Oh, and vertical leaping ability is one of the most overrated traits in college basketball.
Excuse me nilesgold ... Rookie of the Year

I wouldn’t say vertical leaping ability is overrated in a sport where the players actually leave their feet quite often.

I was really only posting to be annoying but it’s satisfying that one of you UMASS fellows took the bait.

FWIW, Grant is really high on Toppin.
JAF_1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 01:08 PM   #43 (permalink)
Veteran
 
urmite's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,297
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 701 Post(s)
Re: 2018-2019 Dayton Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilesgold View Post
I suppose he does have as good a chance at that award as anyone else, seeing as it doesn't exist.

Oh, and vertical leaping ability is one of the most overrated traits in college basketball.
It certainly is...

https://www.richmond.com/sports/coll...774f7fc44.html
urmite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 02:55 PM   #44 (permalink)
All-Star
 
Bill Russell's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 5,816
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2036 Post(s)
Re: 2018-2019 Dayton Flyers

Schmidt wanted Toppin badly, so you know the kid is good. *Jack off hand signal for JAF*
Bill Russell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 03:08 PM   #45 (permalink)
Veteran
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Dayton
Age: 56
Posts: 2,037
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Re: 2018-2019 Dayton Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Russell View Post
Schmidt wanted Toppin badly, so you know the kid is good. *Jack off hand signal for JAF*
Dan Hurley offered Obi as well.
Bill Russell likes this.
JAF_1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:03 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2002 — 2013 BasketballBoards.net.